Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
    Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I've been running 5Ks since my early 20s, so at this point for more than half of my life, and I have never medaled in a 5K.

I ran the Piedmont Park Jingle Jog here in Atlanta on Christmas Eve morning with a group of friends.

I finished 17th out of 540 runners with a time of 23:15, but more importantly, took 2nd place for my age group 45-49, and finally heard my name called/won a little medal for the effort.

I was elated. What a great early Christmas present!
    Congrats! It has been 18 years since I last ran a 5k. Really need to get back to it.

I ran the Piedmont Park Jingle Jog here in Atlanta on Christmas Eve morning with a group of friends.

I finished 17th out of 540 runners with a time of 23:15, but more importantly, took 2nd place for my age group 45-49, and finally heard my name called/won a little medal for the effort.

I was elated. What a great early Christmas present!
    Deservedly! Congratulations ...and Enjoy!

As I'm sure you know, running is unforgivingly measurable.

Bump.

How are those New Year’s resolutions going?

I’m down 10 pounds this year, would like to lose another 8-10 to be at the bottom of my sweet spot.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Bump.

I’m down 10 pounds this year, would like to lose another 8-10 to be at the bottom of my sweet spot.
    Good for you! I am making progress. No beer and down two belt notches.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Good for you! I am making progress. No beer and down two belt notches.
    Yeah, my dry January extends until I hit my target range. More than halfway there but got a ways to go.

Yeah, my dry January extends until I hit my target range. More than halfway there but got a ways to go.
    me too. How can beer be so good and so evil at the same time?

Bump.

No dry January for me but I'm only having a few a week with meals so I'm not too concerned there. I'm doing a good job of making to to workouts (Camp Gladiator for me). But my diet was terrible from October to Jan and I'm working on fixing that. So my weight is about where it's been for the last 2 months but it's not gone up.

One that that'll help me is that Camp Gladiator has a few 'Challenges' that add accountability. You show up to 3 or more workouts a week for a month an you get entered in weekly drawings, etc. If you finish the month you get a chance at a free year of CG. Plus my local trainer in RTP has so much CG swag that she added her own weekly drawing (I won first week, free CG water bottle). The next challenge starts soon and it involves not just workout check in counts but body composition measurements, workouts, nutrition and fitness counseling for about 2 months. I signed up for that as well.

Feel like I've been treading water, at best, the last couple of months so I'm trying to get going in a positive direction right now. Already made some dietary changes (I actually ate grapes as a snack yesterday instead of a PB+J) and having these workout challenges will push a bit. Next step is to get some cardio in between CG workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    No dry January for me but I'm only having a few a week with meals so I'm not too concerned there. I'm doing a good job of making to to workouts (Camp Gladiator for me). But my diet was terrible from October to Jan and I'm working on fixing that. So my weight is about where it's been for the last 2 months but it's not gone up.

One that that'll help me is that Camp Gladiator has a few 'Challenges' that add accountability. You show up to 3 or more workouts a week for a month an you get entered in weekly drawings, etc. If you finish the month you get a chance at a free year of CG. Plus my local trainer in RTP has so much CG swag that she added her own weekly drawing (I won first week, free CG water bottle). The next challenge starts soon and it involves not just workout check in counts but body composition measurements, workouts, nutrition and fitness counseling for about 2 months. I signed up for that as well.

Feel like I've been treading water, at best, the last couple of months so I'm trying to get going in a positive direction right now. Already made some dietary changes (I actually ate grapes as a snack yesterday instead of a PB+J) and having these workout challenges will push a bit. Next step is to get some cardio in between CG workouts.
    If you got from Halloween to now about even, you’ve done a great job! The turn of the year and cold weather is a carb-fest.

I worked every day in January but 1. Goal has been every day. Need to stop beer and other delights to lose weight though.

If you got from Halloween to now about even, you’ve done a great job! The turn of the year and cold weather is a carb-fest.
    Yeah breaking even wasn't too bad. You're right about the carb-fest - which for me (pre-diabetic with a brother and sister who are type 2) is a bad thing. Fixing my diet has is two fold for me - fitness and health (lower carbs and sugars). It's tough because the diet I should be eating is so far from what's normal for me.

Great job dropping early year lbs, sometimes new years resolutions are more than just goofy things we say!

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Yeah breaking even wasn't too bad. You're right about the carb-fest - which for me (pre-diabetic with a brother and sister who are type 2) is a bad thing. Fixing my diet has is two fold for me - fitness and health (lower carbs and sugars). It's tough because the diet I should be eating is so far from what's normal for me.

Great job dropping early year lbs, sometimes new years resolutions are more than just goofy things we say!
    Yeah, it’s funny how eating better, exercising more, and cutting out alcohol works. But it goes against my preferences for beer, pizza, and sloth.

Bump.

No resolutions, just keeping to the same grind. PRed my deadlift at 420 pounds.

Congrats on the weight loss. Here's to keeping it off!

Yeah, it’s funny how eating better, exercising more, and cutting out alcohol works. But it goes against my preferences for beer, pizza, and sloth.
    That is the key. Those three things. Makes me feel like a totally different person.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

No resolutions, just keeping to the same grind. PRed my deadlift at 420 pounds.

Congrats on the weight loss. Here's to keeping it off!

That is the key. Those three things. Makes me feel like a totally different person.
    420?!? Remind me not to pick a fist fight with you. Nice!