This thread is for the discussion of any and all fitness-related endeavors. Several of us are currently engaged in weight loss/self-improvement projects, and here, we can trade tips, offer encouragement, celebrate successes, etc.
To recap my post from the LTE:

I started my workout plan mid-Januaryish. I have the near-term goal of fitting respectably into my wedding tux and the long-term goal of being fit enough for a rigorous hike in Glacier National Park in June. I also want to lose weight and get more toned, which will happen automatically as I train for the hike.
I'm doing 35-40 minutes of resistance training, followed by 20-25 minutes of cardio, 4-5 days a week. This is my first ever effort at establishing an extended, consistent resistance training program. It's paying dividends, but also leading to various aches and pains that I don't always know how to address. I'm down about 8 pounds so far, plateaued a bit in recent days.

Here are my initial questions:
  • How to prevent and/or alleviate aches and pains that come especially for a novice weight trainer?
  • Ideas for alternative exercise on days when I'm looking for a change of pace...I don't generally mind the weights-treadmill sequence, but occasionally I am bored with that and/or too achy to spend much time on the treadmill. I have access to a robust array of group classes, etc. at my gym.

Congrats to everyone who's working on their own fitness project. Let's support each other here.