Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Tell that to my left eye!
    Do you still have eye problems? I got dunked on by Jerry Stackhouse in a pickup game. Somewhere in the ether he is still dunking that thing. Just somehow going higher and higher.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Do you still have eye problems? I got dunked on by Jerry Stackhouse in a pickup game. Somewhere in the ether he is still dunking that thing. Just somehow going higher and higher.
    Hah.

I had three surgeries on it in college at the Duke Eye Center. They did amazing work but it’s never quite reached pre-tear strength and it’s fuzzy at night, in particular. Had a cataract develop because of the first two retina surgeries and had to get cataract surgery, too.

I have no idea if it was an elbow from Williams but that was the only head blow I could think of. In young people, retina tears are usually from trauma.

My mom saws Williams owes her $50,000 but I know the insurance covered most of it.

Hah.

I had three surgeries on it in college at the Duke Eye Center. They did amazing work but it’s never quite reached pre-tear strength and it’s fuzzy at night, in particular. Had a cataract develop because of the first two retina surgeries and had to get cataract surgery, too.

I have no idea if it was an elbow from Williams but that was the only head blow I could think of. In young people, retina tears are usually from trauma.

My mom saws Williams owes her $50,000 but I know the insurance covered most of it.
    Just in case The Landlord reads this board: if you see my mom in an airport or something, I advise you walk the other way.

Just in case The Landlord reads this board: if you see my mom in an airport or something, I advise you walk the other way.
    Yes. Don't try to swat her away.

I've really been "enjoying" playing YouTube fitness video roulette when I'm losing motivation and just want to get in a 20-30 minute sweat. Lots of good free HIIT, tabata, blahblah workouts out there for free. No weights, weights, circuits, no repeats. Some of the personalities are better than others but it's nice to not have to think about what I'm doing.

I've really been "enjoying" playing YouTube fitness video roulette when I'm losing motivation and just want to get in a 20-30 minute sweat. Lots of good free HIIT, tabata, blahblah workouts out there for free. No weights, weights, circuits, no repeats. Some of the personalities are better than others but it's nice to not have to think about what I'm doing.
    Any good recommendations? This weather has crimped my getting out and playing exercise routine.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I've done p90x a few times as well as Insanity and Insanity Max 30 (finished the latter last year). They always work. I have Beachbody on Demand which allows me to stream any of the BB workouts. This morning, I started a new one: mbf (Muscle Burns Fat). I haven't worked out for a while so although I think this program will be easier than p90x and Insanity, it killed me this morning. Hope I can get some momentum, it's been months since I've worked out with any regularity. I chose MBF because it has some lifting components to it and I don't want to lose weight.
    I've managed to workout 3 mornings in a row. Been a while since I've done that. Nothing to brag about really but just hoping that I can gain some momentum. The mbf is a 21 day program (followed by mbf advanced...another 21 days). I'm just going to try and get as many of these 21 workouts in over the next 2.5 weeks as I can in hopes that it's a restart and not just a decent week.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Any good recommendations? This weather has crimped my getting out and playing exercise routine.
    You know, I haven't done the same video twice yet. I usually want something new so I'm surprised. I just search "20 minute HIIT workout" or something like that. Sometimes add weights, total body, cardio, body weight, no repeats, or other modifiers. I tend to like the ones that have the countdown timer and sometimes even the next move in the upper corner so you know what you're switching to. There are tons of options.

I've managed to workout 3 mornings in a row. Been a while since I've done that. Nothing to brag about really but just hoping that I can gain some momentum. The mbf is a 21 day program (followed by mbf advanced...another 21 days). I'm just going to try and get as many of these 21 workouts in over the next 2.5 weeks as I can in hopes that it's a restart and not just a decent week.
    I've never been able to manage sustained habitual morning workouts. I really like a mid-morning/lunchtime workout to help break the day and add energy. If I wait too long, it's always a struggle though. Good luck!

I've never been able to manage sustained habitual morning workouts. I really like a mid-morning/lunchtime workout to help break the day and add energy. If I wait too long, it's always a struggle though. Good luck!
    I used to work out at night but the last couple of years I find that if I don't work out in the morning...I don't get the workout in. One of the problems with working out at night is that I'm trading time with the wife and family for workout time. Especially right now with me WFH and my wife leaving somewhat early each dayt to drive to work at a hospital, it just makes sense for me to get my workout in before the rest of my day creeps in and creates obstacles.

Yep, still here but dropped to page 2. Must be a lot of trouble to go back one more page.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I used to work out at night but the last couple of years I find that if I don't work out in the morning...I don't get the workout in. One of the problems with working out at night is that I'm trading time with the wife and family for workout time. Especially right now with me WFH and my wife leaving somewhat early each dayt to drive to work at a hospital, it just makes sense for me to get my workout in before the rest of my day creeps in and creates obstacles.
    We both take separate walks in the morning with my wife's being about 30 minutes and mine about an hour. She'll occupy most of her 30 minute lunch break with a walk around parking lots/garages near the office. We'll walk together at night for anywhere from 30-60 minutes at about a 16 minutes/mile pace. Gotta keep up with our kids who keep trying to shame us with their fitbit updates.

Yep, still an active fitness thread.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Yep, still an active fitness thread.
    Are you calling us lazy?

Bought a used Life Fitness treadmill in December 2020 off Facebook marketplace. It is the kind of treadmill they have at the Gold’s Gym I usually work out at (but have paused my membership until I can get vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine). I put it in our storage room upstairs. I love it. I have jogged 119 miles on it since we purchased it. Got it for $700 from a treadmill/fitness machine technician in the industry who did maintenance on it and was just trying to get rid of it. He told me they retail for $5,000 or more. Paid him $200 more to deliver it to my house and get it up the stairs and assembled. I believe it weighs over a ton just kidding, but it is about 400+ lbs and I didn’t want to wrestle it up the steps.

My wife has gotten into jogging on it as well and jogs a mile or two on it a few times per week. We really love it and don’t know if we’ll go back to the gym in the future.

I was discussing with a friend last night how gyms have fared during the pandemic. I would assume they have seen a decrease in revenue and profits. And that may be a lasting impression they have to deal with even post pandemic as many folks have created their own home gyms and routines where they can work out from home or outside.

good NY Times article on the front page discussing a very large study on the effects of exercise on cardiovascular health...it's a good read...

The hour walk this AM with my wife was brisk and invigorating at 25 degrees and gentle breezes. Ahh, fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    The hour walk this AM with my wife was brisk and invigorating at 25 degrees and gentle breezes. Ahh, fitness.
    But we had fun, didn't we?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    But we had fun, didn't we?!?!
    Better than lawn mowing which isn't fun but I still look upon as exercise and fitness.

You know, I haven't done the same video twice yet. I usually want something new so I'm surprised. I just search "20 minute HIIT workout" or something like that. Sometimes add weights, total body, cardio, body weight, no repeats, or other modifiers. I tend to like the ones that have the countdown timer and sometimes even the next move in the upper corner so you know what you're switching to. There are tons of options.
    Agreed, I have a fairly consistent workout 4 days a week and so have to come up with something for the other 3. Youtube has been the answer for me also. Plus it's free except for the random ads.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I did this one today and it was easily the hardest 20 minute HIIT I've come across in my YouTube HIIT roulette. Girl leading it is a little freaking powerhouse and she kicked my butt. The early burpee really gassed me.