Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NFL Coaching Carousel 2024

Bill Belichek, the ALL TIME GREATEST CHEATER OF NFL COACHING finally parts ways with the Patriots.

i knew that the love fest would start in the media, completely glossing over his cheating...

but, we see it over an over again...patriots, astros, wolverines, tar cheats...

i guess cheating DOES pay...

where will he land?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

That's deflating news.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    That's deflating news.

"You must spread some Comments around before commenting on OldPhiKap again."
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

That's deflating news.
    I spy a cynic

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I spy a cynic
    No, silly. Spies are at Michigan.

No, silly. Spies are at Michigan.
    I think Bill was first in the sign-stealing drama. Spygate

Its going to be interesting to see where the fulcrum is placed on the Belichick/Brady Era analysis.
    Fahr zur Hölle, Carolina, fahr zur Hölle

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    I think Bill was first in the sign-stealing drama. Spygate

Its going to be interesting to see where the fulcrum is placed on the Belichick/Brady Era analysis.
    At this point, Brady has to get the lion share of the credit for those years, right? Great players can make many a coach seem genius.

In Belichek’s defense, Patriots cheating starting well before him with the snowplow game of ‘82. Yes I’m a Dolphins fan and yes I’m still salty

Wow. I'm not a BB fan, frankly I think he's an a-hole. I also think the reason the press is 'glossing over the cheating' is that the 'cheating' was minor at best. It's not like he created a system of fake classes and had a huge number of students major in a fake curriculum to keep them eligible to play football, basketball, etc.

Even though I don't like him, BB is in the discussion for greatest NFL coach (and he's got a really strong argument).

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    BB is in the discussion for greatest NFL coach (and he's got a really strong argument).
    is he tho? what's his record withOUT brady?

let's recap what he did WITH brady...

2002 - Rams - the cheating was in demo mode
    2004 - panthers -cheating was in full gear
    2005 - eagles - cheating was definitely in full gear
    2005-2015 NO SUPER BOWLS...(scandal and roger MILHAUS goodell made them stop cheating)
    2015 - Seahawks - LOST THIS ONE until the worst play call in NFL history GIFTED them a title
    2017 - Falcons - won with help from atlanta
    2019 - Rams - legitimate win

Without Brady"
    5 years in the dump...

no...he's not the greatest coach ever...
    Last edited by moonpie23; 01-11-2024 at 12:13 PM.

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    Bill Belichek, the ALL TIME GREATEST CHEATER OF NFL COACHING finally parts ways with the Patriots.

i knew that the love fest would start in the media, completely glossing over his cheating...

but, we see it over an over again...patriots, astros, wolverines, tar cheats...

i guess cheating DOES pay...

where will he land?
    You would be great for election messaging! Just sayin'.

2015 - Seahawks - LOST THIS ONE until the worst play call in NFL history GIFTED them a title
    *Sigh*

Too soon. It will ALWAYS be too soon for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Too soon. It will ALWAYS be too soon for me.
    I forget that we share this shame and humiliation.

is he tho? what's his record withOUT brady?

let's recap what he did WITH brady...

2005-2015 NO SUPER BOWLS...(scandal and roger MILHAUS goodell made them stop cheating)

Without Brady"
    5 years in the dump...

no...he's not the greatest coach ever...
    He had an 11-5 year with Matt Cassel*, a 10-7 year with Mac Jones, and an 11-5 season in Cleveland, but yes, overall he has a losing record without Brady.

*That Matt Cassel year had most people thinking Belichik was the genius and Brady just the system QB, but Brady's SB in Tampa and Belichick's record without him reverse that narrative.

As a Giants fan I am very grateful to him for what he did as an assistant coach for the Giants as well as providing me with two of the happiest days of my life when the Giants beat the Pats in the super bowls.

I think we could all name a few coaches that went more than 10 consecutive years without winning a Super Bowl. To sandwich those 10 years between two sets of 3 victories? I don't think this chart does what you think it does.

He has 3 more SB appearances than the 2nd highest coach @ 9 games with 6-3 record, with his next 2 competitors at 2-4 and 2-3, respectively. He's 3rd on the all time wins list. He is an absolute legend in terms of game preparation. I remember an article recounting how he asked if a dome would be closed in time for kickoff to help him decide which way to kickoff. The man deserves respect.

This is an absolutely insulting thread title that I would almost consider too rough for a UNC coach retiring. You can discuss the controversies but this aggressive hatred is unbecoming of a DBR thread.
    Tent 1 Three-peat (2012-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by jjredickrules View Post
    I think we could all name a few coaches that went more than 10 consecutive years without winning a Super Bowl. To sandwich those 10 years between two sets of 3 victories? I don't think this chart does what you think it does.

He has 3 more SB appearances than the 2nd highest coach @ 9 games with 6-3 record, with his next 2 competitors at 2-4 and 2-3, respectively. He's 3rd on the all time wins list. He is an absolute legend in terms of game preparation. I remember an article recounting how he asked if a dome would be closed in time for kickoff to help him decide which way to kickoff. The man deserves respect.

This is an absolutely insulting thread title that I would almost consider too rough for a UNC coach retiring. You can discuss the controversies but this aggressive hatred is unbecoming of a DBR thread.
    could you please address the POINT of my thread title? the accolades and numbers are certainly there. My point is, he's a known, punished cheater...how do you gloss over that fact? with numbers during the time he was cheating?

the tarheels are routinely referred to as the "uncheats" on this board....many of THEIR numbers and titles should be tainted as well due to the cheating...

Quote Originally Posted by jjredickrules View Post

While you have a point, Cato the Elder would admire moonpie23’s rhetorical consistency. This cato would prefer that it be applied to Carolina, but different strokes, I guess.
    Carolina delenda est

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Wow. I'm not a BB fan, frankly I think he's an a-hole. I also think the reason the press is 'glossing over the cheating' is that the 'cheating' was minor at best. It's not like he created a system of fake classes and had a huge number of students major in a fake curriculum to keep them eligible to play football, basketball, etc.

Even though I don't like him, BB is in the discussion for greatest NFL coach (and he's got a really strong argument).
    But he would have!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."