Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
Very nice to hear all of your fitness journeys.

At age 68, I have found a nice routine. I lift weights two days a week. I primarily do free weights and emphasize bench press, inverted bench, military press, squats, curls, and dead lifts.

I do "boot camp" once a week. It's an hour of high intensity, interval training. I attended this morning and, in honor of the new year, we did 2019 reps of push ups, sit up, burpees, squats etc. I didn't hit the mark, most of the class didn't but it was great fun with lots of pain.

I try to run twice a week, weather permitting. If the weather isn't good, I run sprints in the gym.

I have found, in recent years, the challenge is overcoming small injuries that limit my activity. I'm always injuring a shoulder, knee, or thigh. Nothing serious but enough to make me modify my routine.

I do a lot of skiing and hiking in the Colorado mountains.

As I am getting older, I find a real joy in physical activity. I was never a great athlete, but through steady and satisfying work outs, I am more fit than most of my my age group.

On the downside, I'd like to lose ten pounds. I have limited my eating and drinking and have made some slow progress. I love beer and, despite recent cut backs, it is probably my downfall.

So, none of us are Zion Williamson. Through age and genetics, we are doing the best we can. Hang in there everyone and happy New Year.
Beer doesn’t have to be your scapegoat, it can be your advantage.

Apparently there is a study that suggests beer (or wine) and coffee in moderation greatly increase your chances to live to 90+.