Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
You can't believe any of this stuff - until you see it on a poster ...

My Fitness Pal is probably the single most effective weight loss tool, if used diligently. It makes you aware of every choice you make throughout the day. Particularly that time at night when we all too often ingest meaningless calories.

Just by thinking about the caloric impact a handful of chips will make on an otherwise successful healthy-eating day will often eliminate the craving.

Sometimes just not wanting to go through the hassle of finding your phone and logging another entry will convince you to forego a snack.

The app is now owned by Under Armour, so it is more robust than in the past, but there is more UA advertising.
I've started using this too and it's amazing how your attitude towards eating changes when you put a number to everything that goes in your belly. I also like that it tells you additional information about the food you're eating to keep in your mind...

ex: I put in something that's only 150 calories. Great, low calories. But the app might say, "this food in high in sodium. Your goal for today is less than "x"

Or conversely, I eat plain tuna like yesterday. 150 calories "This food is high in protein"

So it not only counts the calories to keep you on track to make a calorie deficit, but it guides you on how healthy the low calorie food is.