Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Total collapse really?
    yeah it was pretty much a total collapse. It happened too late to matter, and it wasn't quite total, but purt near...

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Where is the guy who has been posting Duval’s offensive efficiency. I’d be interested to see what it was for this game.
    I think for this game you'd spell efficiency...with a d....

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    yeah it was pretty much a total collapse. It happened too late to matter, and it wasn't quite total, but purt near...
    Pretty much total but not quite. Funny...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

By the way, that Cole guy was out of control out there. He is lucky he didnt hurt anyone.
    Windy City Devil

The comeback happened when we started WALKING the ball up. When we do that on every possession; the other team is comfortable sending extra men to the offensive glass.
    and we give up a ton offensive rebounds. TECH had 16 tonight, most in the 2nd half. It also makes Duke play against a set defense and we stagnate on offense. I think it is in K's plans to get more repetitions in a slower paced game to prepare for post season games.But, man it is frustrating to watch.

For 28 minutes Duke played pretty darn good and TECH was terrible. We should not be letting poor teams back in games like that. But it sure beats losing.

Presser

Anyone know where I can find K's presser?

9 points (50%) 5 rebounds w 1 assist and 1 turnover for Duval.

1 for 1 on 3 too.

Not too shabby.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    It's the conclusion that I came to after watching their run, and also watching lots of Duke games over the past few years. We had several possessions during the GT run where our interior players were grabbed or hit that was called earlier. Prime example where the Allen entry passes that sailed over Carter/Bolden. Allen didn't throw the ball over, Carter/Bolden were held.

I don't care about how my actions reflect on Duke fans, I am past that. If I think there was bad officiating during a bad sequence or the whole game, I tell it as it is.
    Perhaps the officiating was a problem (I didn’t love it either). Perhaps, but why keep making the same plays and expecting different results? Whoever was playing the 5 was getting held on the lob entry pass, maybe, but why keep making the pass over and over if the refs are not going to make the call? That is on you at some point yes? The refs also gave Duke an extra possession when the ball went off Carter. It happens. Play on. This team is way too good to allow 42 in the final 16 mins even if a ref joined the GT team. The refs maybe helped but 42!?! Playing the bench for the final 16 shouldn’t have yielded that many points/poor possessions/turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by happydays1949 View Post
    Anyone know where I can find K's presser?
    Haven't watched it yet, but this link should work: https://www.pscp.tv/dukebasketball/1OwxWElPPbVGQ

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon View Post
    Perhaps the officiating was a problem (I didn’t love it either). Perhaps, but why keep making the same plays and expecting different results? Whoever was playing the 5 was getting held on the lob entry pass, maybe, but why keep making the pass over and over if the refs are not going to make the call? That is on you at some point yes? The refs also gave Duke an extra possession when the ball went off Carter. It happens. Play on. This team is way too good to allow 42 in the final 16 mins even if a ref joined the GT team. The refs maybe helped but 42!?! Playing the bench for the final 16 shouldn’t have yielded that many points/poor possessions/turnovers.
    Part of what makes senior / junior teams more immune to this moment is that they know how to adjust due to experience. They have muscle memory that the freshmen do not. It might be even more detrimental to ask the freshmen to drop a style of play that was so effective for 30 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Pretty much total but not quite. Funny...
    in the English language...pretty much is informal for not quite. That's what it means. In the same language, absolutely or undeniably or without a doubt would have been informal for fully or totally. Seriously, that's what these words mean.

I was at the game. We had a few bad plays in the second half and the crowd really got into it. GT players were feeding off the crowd in a big way and we kind of wilted.

Still a good win without Bagley.

Javin looked good. He had a lot of great hustle plays. You really get a better idea of how disruptive he can be on defense in person with his crazy combination of speed, length and athleticism.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ10 View Post
    Ignoring 3 of the 13 people on the court that can affect the outcome of the game is silly. Critiquing the refs is not doing anything untowardly. Of course, said critquing can be judged (as any opinion should / could be) and is fair game. So if you didnt think Carter was getting manhandled again..and others did, so be it. Be the condescension towards reasonable comments on reffing is misplaced.
    Like I said, as I saw the game, there were calls and no-calls that went both ways. I never suggested that there aren't some aspects of the officiating that can be critiqued; indeed, I believe that's true about every game in which the officiating is being done by humans, who will be imperfect even at their best. But if you think it's "reasonable" to complain that the officiating is unfairly slanted against Duke in every away game, then I beg to differ. As I also indicated, I believe there are occasions when such protests are warranted; but I'd prefer to see us save the complaints for those occasions, rather than dilute our credibility by trotting out the objections after every game, including the games we win.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Like I said, as I saw the game, there were calls and no-calls that went both ways. I never suggested that there aren't some aspects of the officiating that can be critiqued; indeed, I believe that's true about every game in which the officiating is being done by humans, who will be imperfect even at their best. But if you think it's "reasonable" to complain that the officiating is unfairly slanted against Duke in every away game, then I beg to differ. As I also indicated, I believe there are occasions when such protests are warranted; but I'd prefer to see us save the complaints for those occasions, rather than dilute our credibility by trotting out the objections after every game, including the games we win.
    I agree. People here railed against the “Duke gets all the calls” media slant for years (rightly so). Complaining about the officiating incessantly is doing the same thing that folks hated about ESPN all those years.

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    Coach K said this was Duval's best game in two weeks, which was key because he was coming off the bench.
    Duval's effort for loose balls and rebounds late in the game was evident.

Quote Originally Posted by fan345678 View Post
    Duval's effort for loose balls and rebounds late in the game was evident.
    Yeah, he was really getting after it on defense. And while he wasn’t overly effective on offense, he really limited the mistakes. He clearly got the message.

Glad to get a win. However Duke is getting killed on the defensive boards, No one seems to know how to block out. Like the UNC game we were getting beat to any 50/50 ball. When Georgia Tech shoots look to where the ball is going. Game IQ has to kick in. Frustrated this team can't play a solid 40.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yeah, he was really getting after it on defense. And while he wasn’t overly effective on offense, he really limited the mistakes. He clearly got the message.
    Although, as K said, that shot he hit up 12 felt big. And Allen made the right pass there, although I must say I wasn't in love with it in real time.

Good game. It would have been great to win by 40, but I am happy.

Anyone else notice that K had alerted both Setsh G and Corey Alexander of his new approach: "Grayson is our only player who has a clue, and he has to be at the center of our offense." Hence the lineup change.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    Although, as K said, that shot he hit up 12 felt big. And Allen made the right pass there, although I must say I wasn't in love with it in real time.
    Same, but that's a leadership/trust/confidence pass by the senior to the freshman. Glad it worked out well...although soon thereafter, driving and throwing up an acrobatic layup that led to a break the other way might have been too much confidence/too little trust reciprocated by the freshman. Both are teaching points.