Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

NCAAM: Duke 52, Tennessee 65 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here. And remember, no bashing or venting.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Tough out. Proud of J for his first year. ACCT champions forever.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Put your post-game thoughts here. And remember, no bashing or venting.
    Good year, but our Freshmen were overwhelmed.

Great season!

Just a great, close to perfect, game from Nkamhoua. Credit to him.

Heck of a season with a lot of great moments. Ran into a bad matchup and not having Mitchell hurt. Disappointed we don’t get to see the team keep it going, but it’s been a fun ride.

Really enjoyed that season. Good work boys!

We got beat down badly. Wasn’t really close. Too bad

Just proud of this team for its growth. Probably one of the best defensive Duke teams I've ever seen.

Needed to find a little more offense and cultivate bucket-getters going forward, but we are in such good hands with Scheyer.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    I want to make sure I say this up front: I’m so freaking proud of this team. They could’ve folded a dozen different times in this game, with everything that was going wrong (both forced and unforced), and they kept fighting. The game was competitive to the end, and it could’ve easily gotten out of hand. That’s a testament to this team’s toughness and grit.

Unfortunately, this game is the result of getting a 5 seed as opposed to a 2 or 3. We had to play an Elite 8 quality game in the second round. And against an Elite 8 quality team, it’s hard to win with a surprise injury, foul trouble to your most indispensable player, and a bad shooting team making tough 3s all game.

It sucks that we’ll be forever wondering if this would’ve been different with Mark, or with an even slightly different whistle. But that’s the nature of the tournament.

I think with the benefit of hindsight we’re going to remember this team very fondly. Despite arguably the worst injury luck of any team in recent memory, this team swept UNC, won the ACC and had a real shot to make March noise. But we got a tough draw and a game where everything that could go wrong did. Still, Jon has shown that he can coach, and that the program is set up for the long term.

I’m tremendously sad right now, because I wasn’t ready for this ride to end. But it was a great ride, all the more so considering how many thought it was going to go off the rails.

P.S. On an analysis side, the fourth foul on Roach changed the game in more ways than the obvious. The biggest: we had to lose our defensive identity that had carried us all year. Tennessee beat us, but the whistle certainly helped.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

We were outplayed...

Satisfying season. Not the result we wanted. Mitchell's injury was VERY significant, imho. Tennessee was too hot offensively in the 2nd half, and only picking up 3 fouls in the 2nd half for such a physical team was a bit... unfortunate for Duke.

Nkamhoua was fantastic. Was a fun ride watching the team improve over the season

Game played out exactly as I feared, unfortunately, plus (or minus) no Mark Mitchell. Oh well, I’ve been divorced before… kidding: this wife is a keeper.
    Go dude! Still 9F

Most seasons end in a painful loss. Without Mitchell this team had a tough challenge. Guys played hard- about all you can ask for. Time to root for the women

Proud of this team. It was great to see them improve and develop and win the ACCT. My personal hope for them was a sweet 16, but today was just not our game and Tenn deserved the win.

Sad to say but I doubt any of them return. I think all the freshmen n Roach go Professional.

Refs killed it. Let them have a wrestling match, not a basketball game. Reminds me of the south carolina loss some years back. Nonsense.

I had bad feelings when Duke trailed at halftime. I have a very sneaky suspicion we'll have a chance to even the score in Knoxville next December.

It was a solid year, I said before that as long as we get in the tourney and win 1 game, I'm good, anything else is gravy.

But it was a tough break to lose Mitchell for this game, the only guy to start every game this season wasn't available for the most important game.

Hope Flip and Proctor and Mitchell come back, heck hope Roach come back. It's tough to win in the tourney with freshmen, we need some veterans on next year's squad.