Haley Gorecki to miss rest of season

Mods, please feel free to bundle into existing thread. But I think this may deserve its own thread, at least for awhile.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...DB_OEM_ID=4200

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Mods, please feel free to bundle into existing thread. But I think this may deserve its own thread, at least for awhile.

Ugh. And the hits keep coming. It's appalling to me how snakebitten this team seems to be, year in and year out.

Not good news for the team but really not good news for her. I hope she is pain-free soon and recovers completely.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Damn damn damn. Hoping she recovers fully and is able to be back on the court for the full season next year.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

All three of Duke's presumptive perimeter starters for next season-Gorecki, Lambert and Boykin--will be coming off major injuries.

Gorecki will be an academic senior next season with fewer than 40 career games under her belt through three seasons.

Devastating news for this year's team.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Awful news. And, as we say for MBB: It's over.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Crap. Just crap. Just how is this team supposed to recover from this every single friggin' year. From goduke:

"Since moving into the starting lineup against Winthrop in December, Gorecki averaged 17.1 points, 5.5 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 1.8 steals over a span of 11 contests."

Crap.

Get well soon Haley.

Edit: Oh, and more from the goduke article, Kyra got hurt during practice and had more surgery on her knee 4 days ago. Jim Sumner, will she be ready in the fall?

Crap.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Crap. Just crap. Just how is this team supposed to recover from this every single friggin' year. From goduke:

"Since moving into the starting lineup against Winthrop in December, Gorecki averaged 17.1 points, 5.5 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 1.8 steals over a span of 11 contests."

Crap.

Get well soon Haley.

Edit: Oh, and more from the goduke article, Kyra got hurt during practice and had more surgery on her knee 4 days ago. Jim Sumner, will she be ready in the fall?

Crap.
    Lambert? Not likely. She could be looking at a fifth and sixth year.

Lambert? Not likely. She could be looking at a fifth and sixth year.
    I say this only slightly tongue-in-cheek...maybe we sit all 3 of them next year. Sofia Roma and Faith Suggs will be the only seniors next year.

So Kyra likely not ready. I believe it was Haley's other hip that kept her out a year and a half. I believe Mikayla hurt the same knee in high school and was out 1 or 2 years. Will any of them be ready? Get these girls 100% healthy before they come back. (I still wonder if Chelsea came back too early) They can all be working on their Duke PhDs.

And send Leaonna off to study abroad next year. We'd be loaded in 2 years, and Kyra, Haley, and Leaonna would only be juniors.

Can't say how much this p****s me off. I feel the worst for Lexie, Becca, and Erin. Still a lot to play for, but a season that started with such promise has hit a pothole.

Duke thinks that Gorecki's injury is less serious than her previous hip injury. It was her other hip and that has healed nicely.

She hasn't had surgery yet but Duke expects her to be ready by the time the season begins, maybe even the beginning of practice.

Boykin won't be ready when the season starts. December at the earliest.

But the Lambert re-injury is a big blow to next season's team.