Warning for those thinking of subscribing to 24/7 Sports Site (TDD, etc.)

I've been a subscriber there for awhile, but recently decided to cancel. It is virtually impossible to do so.
    I've called them five times. The first two times was on hold 10+ minutes before I hung up. The next two times, the line said "High call volume, call later."

Tried contacting the admins, they said to email 247. Emailed twice and got no answer.

Posted a thread asking for help. It was immediately deleted.

Beware of those people. I take no pleasure in saying this, but caveat emptor. I'll have to cancel with my bank. If you go on 24/7, my advice is to stay on the free board.

thanks for the report of your experience.

I am a member and often consider quitting (especially when I see the new subscriber deals that I don't get).

Good to know the challenge that confronts me if I decide to pull the trigger.

Can I just ask... aside from recruiting info that is moot the moment a kid changes his mind, is there stuff on those sites that you cannot get from the many free sites? Do you actually believe the folks who run those sites have special insight into what K is thinking or something like that?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I joined the pay site over there a while ago when they ran a promotion. Didn’t have any trouble canceling when I needed to; but that was before the ownership of the site turned over.

The subscriber forums were basically just a filtered version of the free board, you don't have all the trolls posting nonsense. But there wasn’t much hard information about recruiting either, just so-called insiders dropping hints and then leaving it up to you to interpret them however you may. The overall quality of discussion over here is 1000 times better IMO.

I guess I should add that joining the TDD site does give you access to their insider articles and interviews with players, recruits, and sometimes coaches, which are very good. That’s more of a reason to join than the forums.

I had a minor challenge in exiting when I did so last Fall. Sounds like I got out at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by kcduke75 View Post
    thanks for the report of your experience.

I am a member and often consider quitting (especially when I see the new subscriber deals that I don't get).

Good to know the challenge that confronts me if I decide to pull the trigger.
    The way I have handled problems like those described is to make a complaint with the Att Generals office and that brings results. Maybe they could be shut down for unfair practices.

Called again. This time, was on hold for 10:33 before the message said "There is nobody available to answer the phones right now. Try again later."

That place screams scam now. In any case, to answer a few questions: The place has gone downhill over time. It was once a really good site with valuable recruiting insight, particularly when Andrew Slater posted there regularly. When TDD came over, it brought a lot of the trolls. Coupled with Slater's departure, that degraded the quality significantly. Now, there are very few actual valuable pieces of information. It seems to be mostly Slater throwing a few morsels of information out to those guys. So, if you're wondering if you're missing anything by not joining...not really, except for an occasional recruiting post by Slater which throws the whole place into a frenzy. And some of the interviews with players are interesting.