Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Maye's a very good, arguably great, college player. We need to retire comments like these.

He can shoot, he can drive, and he can rebound. That's how he can put up 33/17 in a fast-paced game.

While I appreciate a kid getting the most out of their talent and really love it when a kid puts in the time and effort to hone their game. Letting a kid like Maye look like a superstar is beyond me. Maybe the match-up is what makes the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Maye's a very good, arguably great, college player. We need to retire comments like these.

He can shoot, he can drive, and he can rebound. That's how he can put up 33/17 in a fast-paced game.
    Excellent college player- first team all ACC lock. This Carolina team is dangerous and as I said and some DBR folks dismissed - they are good enough to get to the FF. A lot of games to go but if you do not think that a Senior ladened team with 2 championship games of experience and great shooters is not- then you are not paying attention.
    Last edited by dukelifer; 02-10-2018 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    While I appreciate a kid getting the most out of their talent and really love it when a kid puts in the time and effort to hone their game. Letting a kid like Maye look like a superstar is beyond me. Maybe the match-up is what makes the difference.
    I don't think anybody has been "letting" Maye be a very good player. He has played various types of matchups all season and still at the top of league standings in various categories. He's proving that you don't have to be a great athlete to be a great player.

What's helping Maye the most is his teammates setting good screens, and making good passes.
    He has great feel and court awareness, and understanding of how to make plays off those screens and passes.

Also, his work ethic to hone his shot and body into being in such great shape has mattered. He's strong and relentless.

This kid has really earned his respect on the floor with his play.

What set off Luke Maye's 27-point second half against State?

Theo Pinson says he heard one Wolfpack player tell another: "You can guard him. He's not that athletic."
    Pinson: "Once I heard that, I said, 'They done talked to the wrong one.' "

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    'They done talked to the wrong one.' "
    Obviously, a UNCheat English major.

What set off Luke Maye's 27-point second half against State?

Theo Pinson says he heard one Wolfpack player tell another: "You can guard him. He's not that athletic."
    Pinson: "Once I heard that, I said, 'They done talked to the wrong one.' "
    So another supposed slight sets off the Cheats? I guess the way to beat them is duck tape the mouth of your players.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Excellent college player- first team all ACC lock. This Carolina team is dangerous and as I said and some DBR folks dismissed - they are good enough to get to the FF. A lot of games to go but if you do not think that a Senior ladened team with 2 championship games of experience and great shooters is not- then you are not paying attention.
    UNC has already had a better two year NCAA run than Duke has had in 25 years. Adding a third year to that would be pretty depressing.

UVA Fans

What it's like watching Virginia basketball

Photo Feb 10, 6 42 26 PM.jpg
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Also, his work ethic to hone his shot and body into being in such great shape has mattered. He's strong and relentless.

This kid has really earned his respect on the floor with his play.
    I would be impressed if I knew Maye attended a university that cared about the education their athletes received and didn't have a history of letting athletes attend fake courses.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I would be impressed if I knew Maye attended a university that cared about the education their athletes received and didn't have a history of letting athletes attend fake courses.
    It is quite possible that the cheat team/players have more time to work on their game and their bodies because it's a proven fact that many did not attend class. Those that did probably slept through the classes they actually attended. They have a big advantage on the rest of the ACC. Their wins mean absolutely nothing. The great thing about their Carolina way(cheating) will live with them for a very long time. Way past my lifetime. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    It is quite possible that the cheat team/players have more time to work on their game and their bodies because it's a proven fact that many did not attend class. Those that did probably slept through the classes they actually attended. They have a big advantage on the rest of the ACC. Their wins mean absolutely nothing. The great thing about their Carolina way(cheating) will live with them for a very long time. Way past my lifetime. GoDuke!
    Of course that footage of Maye showing up for his morning class after the Kentucky elite 8 winning shot is fake like the moon landing. We earned comments like that.

I promised Stray I wouldn't be so easily trolled anymore...so Stray, this "no comment" for trolling comments directed at me is for you.

I am not trying to troll you Wheat. Your team won. congrats. Maye had a great game.

Wait . . . is a UNC fan talking about being trolled by a NC State fan . . . on a Duke message board??

We just need one of our many UVA commenters to get in on this action, to make it even more odd.

Quote Originally Posted by wobatus View Post
    Of course that footage of Maye showing up for his morning class after the Kentucky elite 8 winning shot is fake like the moon landing. We earned comments like that.
    This cheat team probably attends class. If they don't the coaches are dumber than I think but last years team and this years team should be on probation. However the NCAA has no guts. They put other teams on probation for doing far less. No, that team makes too much money for the NCAA. Too bad they will have to carry the tag of cheaters around their necks for a long time. I don't blame the players. Matter of fact, I like most of them but I have no use for the program. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    This cheat team probably attends class. If they don't the coaches are dumber than I think but last years team and this years team should be on probation. However the NCAA has no guts. They put other teams on probation for doing far less. No, that team makes too much money for the NCAA. Too bad they will have to carry the tag of cheaters around their necks for a long time. I don't blame the players. Matter of fact, I like most of them but I have no use for the program. GoDuke!
    Fair enough.

Va Tech over UVA

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    Wait . . . is a UNC fan talking about being trolled by a NC State fan . . . on a Duke message board??

We just need one of our many UVA commenters to get in on this action, to make it even more odd.
    Wheat started the trolling by letting him know the score, then immediately complained of being trolled 😂

Okey Dokey Hokie! That last 10 minutes was fun to watch.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Props to VT. After choking away the lead during regulation time they didn't fold and managed to pull out the win.