Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Duke -MSU was officially a pick'em according to VegasInsider. Duke has been at least a 2.5 point favorite in every other game this year (Florida was 2.5, Virginia was 3.5, @ Miami was 4.5). We open as a 1-point favorite over UNC for tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if that line moves by the time the game tips off. I won't be shocked to see it go to 1.5 or maybe even Duke by 2. Not a lot of faith in Duke but even less faith in Carolina at this point, I think.
    By the way, at the start of this week, Virginia was an 11/2 pick to win the national title, trailing only Villanova's 5-1 odds. MSU is 13-2 and then Duke is 7-1. Purdue is 8-1 and Arizona is 14-1. Everyone else is 20-1 or worse. UNC is 33-1.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I want y’all to look Jack Salt in the eye and tell him he’s not a physical specimen. He was chiseled from marble with God’s own tools. Tony tops the “won’t leave my wife alone with him” list, but Jack is up there.

Also, he should start shooting free throws one-handed like that one FSU guy. Couldn’t hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarWahoo View Post
    I want y’all to look Jack Salt in the eye and tell him he’s not a physical specimen. He was chiseled from marble with God’s own tools. Tony tops the “won’t leave my wife alone with him” list, but Jack is up there.

Also, he should start shooting free throws one-handed like that one FSU guy. Couldn’t hurt.
    lol how old is Salt? I heard somewhere he's 23. That means he will be playing most of next year at 24 for Virginia. One thing Bennett does well (among many) is use the redshirt on guys properly. Seems like he's had lots of 22+ year old players for him (men) in his career at Virginia. This is especially important in the one and done era where those older players play against a plethora of 18-19 years olds. I believe Gill and Brogdon were 23 their senior years and I think Hall is 23, too.

Completely off topic, but who would win in a Salt v Haas fight to the death? I'm imagining one of those situations from the movie Troy where we could settle it 1 on 1 and not even have the ACC / B1G Challenge. Salt gives up 4 inches and about 40 pounds, but I wouldn't bet against him.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    lol how old is Salt? I heard somewhere he's 23. That means he will be playing most of next year at 24 for Virginia. One thing Bennett does well (among many) is use the redshirt on guys properly. Seems like he's had lots of 22+ year old players for him (men) in his career at Virginia. This is especially important in the one and done era where those older players play against a plethora of 18-19 years olds. I believe Gill and Brogdon were 23 their senior years and I think Hall is 23, too.
    Salt turns 22 on Sunday.

Also, Im not sure if Salt is Dolf Lundgren or Thor based on this video.

https://twitter.com/Billikentt/statu...02625016406017

Fun slate of games today.

Does State rebound from their ugly game the other day and will the Cheats be emotionally spent after their win over us the other night? I'm hoping they have a serious Duke hangover.

Does VT put a dent in UVA's quest for a #1 ranking? While some on this forum may think being ranked as #1 doesn't mean anything in the bigger scheme of things, I'm pretty sure the UVA fans think it's a big thing, especially from a prestige angle and working towards getting that NCAA Tournament monkey off their back.

Can FSU get back-up off the canvass after a tough loss to UVA? Now that the Irish have broken their losing streak do they build on that positive and become an even more dangerous team heading into the ACC Tourney?

And last, but not least we have Miami vs BC. The game means more to Miami than BC, but it should be a fun track meet.

Watching Jay Williams on GameDay in Charlottesville. He seems to be having fun and the crowd seems to like him. Makes me happy to see him happy. If you have read his book, his journey has been epic.

Additionally, I saw his name listed for some sort of game during the NBA All Star weekend. Does anyone have details? I would love to watch him on the court again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Watching Jay Williams on GameDay in Charlottesville. He seems to be having fun and the crowd seems to like him. Makes me happy to see him happy. If you have read his book, his journey has been epic.

Additionally, I saw his name listed for some sort of game during the NBA All Star weekend. Does anyone have details? I would love to watch him on the court again.

No details on the All Star thing, but he played pickup yesterday with some kids at the AFC (on campus facility for all students) at UVa.

Jay with the assist!
    https://www.facebook.com/VirginiaCav...55472869602635

I don't play with cheaters, or watch their games. Ill be back in the 5 o'clock hour to see how state did

Watched the whole State-Carolina game. Two observations: (1) I’ve never seen a game where one team (UNC) got so many loose balls and offensive rebounds and turned them into easy buckets. Several times rebounds made it to the floor only to be picked up by Carolina for an uncontested layup.

(2) I saw some really poor defense on both sides leading to straight lines to the basket and easy layups. We’re not alone in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I don't play with cheaters, or watch their games. Ill be back in the 5 o'clock hour to see how state did
    I respect this a lot, PM. I didn't watch Thursday's game for the very same reason. BTW, Keatts is the real deal. Great hire. My season-ticket-holding friends at UNCW miss him greatly!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Watched the whole State-Carolina game. Two observations: (1) I’ve never seen a game where one team (UNC) got so many loose balls and offensive rebounds and turned them into easy buckets. Several times rebounds made it to the floor only to be picked up by Carolina for an uncontested layup.

(2) I saw some really poor defense on both sides leading to straight lines to the basket and easy layups. We’re not alone in that category.
    Sounds like you didn't watch our game against the Cheats the other night.

And this is some wild kind of ACC season. Cheats looked like toast at the start of the week and after beating us and State on a short turnaround they are right back in the thick of things.

Quote Originally Posted by beach rev View Post
    I respect this a lot, PM. I didn't watch Thursday's game for the very same reason. BTW, Keatts is the real deal. Great hire. My season-ticket-holding friends at UNCW miss him greatly!
    Thanks, judging from the box score... Rebounding. Smh

The N.C. State Wolfpack team lost.

Thanks, judging from the box score... Rebounding. Smh
    How in the world does Luke Maye go for 33pts and 17 rebounds against your team. Where was Yurtseven today?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    The N.C. State Wolfpack team lost.
    Cheaters won. Life is not always just.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    Sounds like you didn't watch our game against the Cheats the other night.
    I absolutely did. It was worse today, believe it or not. It felt as though UNC had 50% more shots than State.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    How in the world does Luke Maye go for 33pts and 17 rebounds against your team. Where was Yurtseven today?
    Maye's a very good, arguably great, college player. We need to retire comments like these.

He can shoot, he can drive, and he can rebound. That's how he can put up 33/17 in a fast-paced game.

Cheaters won. Life is not always just.
    Games will be won and lost, some seasons will be better than others, but the acronym UNC will always be associated with cheating and fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Maye's a very good, arguably great, college player. We need to retire comments like these.

He can shoot, he can drive, and he can rebound. That's how he can put up 33/17 in a fast-paced game.
    This is one of states super powers. Make making opponents look really good.

Past two games against experienced guards have made states defense look really bad.

Edit:look bad is wrong. Defense was bad.