Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This Week in the ACC: 12/10-12/16

Very slow exam week - no games the last two days and very little before the weekend.

Monday and Tuesday were dark

Wednesday

[40]Louisville (-7) hosts [73]Lipscomb (7:00, ACCNE)
    [85]Boston College (-13) hosts [246]Columbia (7:00, ACCNE)

Thursday and Friday are dark

Saturday

[17]Syracuse (-11) hosts [88]Old Dominion (12:00, ACCNE)
    [57]Notre Dame (+6) vs. [14]Purdue in Indianapolis (1:30, CBS)
    [27]NC State (-2) vs. [42]Penn State in Atlantic City (2:00, ESPNU)
    [114]Pittsburgh (-22) hosts [348]Maryland Eastern Shore (2:00, ACCNE)
    [41]Clemson (-11) hosts [134]Radford (3:00, ACCNE)
    [40]Louisville (-13) hosts [147]Kent State (4:00, ACCNE)
    [7]North Carolina (-3) hosts [6]Gonzaga (7:00, ESPN2)
    [11]Virginia Tech (-6) vs. [52]Washington in Atlantic City (7:00, ESPNU)

Sunday

[85]Boston College (-14) hosts [249]Fairfield (1:00, ACCNE)

ACC Non-Conference: 102-32
    ACC vs. Power 5: 20-22

America East: 3-0
    American: 3-1
    Atlantic-10: 7-2
    Atlantic Sun: 2-0
    Big XII: 0-3
    Big East: 3-6
    Big Sky: 1-0
    Big South: 2-1
    Big Ten: 9-8
    Big West: 1-0
    Colonial: 6-0
    CUSA: 3-0
    Horizon: 3-1
    Ivy: 2-2
    MAAC: 1-1
    MAC: 3-0
    MEAC: 8-0
    MVC: 2-0
    MWC: 3-0
    Northeast: 8-0
    Ohio Valley: 2-0
    Pac-12: 2-2
    Patriot: 3-0
    SEC: 4-3
    Southern: 9-0
    Southland: 6-1
    Sun Belt: 2-0
    SWAC: 2-0
    WAC: 2-0
    WCC: 0-1
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Gross, and forgive my ignorance, but when was the last time the ACC had a losing record against the other P5 conferences?

In any case, I hope that record gets one game worse on Saturday, 7P. Go Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Gross, and forgive my ignorance, but when was the last time the ACC had a losing record against the other P5 conferences?

In any case, I hope that record gets one game worse on Saturday, 7P. Go Zags!
    That game won't make our P5 record worse (or better) as the WCC is not one of those conferences.

Louisville got by Lipscomb by 4 and BC beat Columbia by 9....not exactly scary good results...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Louisville got by Lipscomb by 4 and BC beat Columbia by 9...not exactly scary good results...
    Given the predicted margins (-7 and -13, respectively), those are not really outside the realm of what would be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Given the predicted margins (-7 and -13, respectively), those are not really outside the realm of what would be expected.
    This is true, and certainly Lipscomb is probably better than most people would think at first impression...but the fact that two ACC teams were such small favorites to begin with kind of makes my point as well.

Go Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Hmm...while Gonzaga is good, they’re not THAT good. I would be surprised if they beat UNC — who probably has more overall talent than the Zags — on their home court.
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I think pfrduke posted in the This Week in the ACC thread that the cheats are at -3 in this match-up.

Go Zags!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Heels fans I know are braced. Especially following the Zags loss. Personally, I expect a close game, but give Gonzaga the edge.
    UNC is also desperate to get their first big-time win this season (UCLA doesn't count, heh) and are only a game removed from the embarrassment in Ann Arbor. Zags are a west coast team flying east for this game. I agree with Steven43 about UNC winning but hope like heck that I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    UNC is also desperate to get their first big-time win this season (UCLA doesn't count, heh) and are only a game removed from the embarrassment in Ann Arbor. Zags are a west coast team flying east for this game. I agree with Steven43 about UNC winning but hope like heck that I'm wrong.
    Def some intangibles in favor of the Heels here...including the West coast team flying east and UNC wanting a signature win badly. Don't discount the fact that living in the shadow of the statistical/physical/media force of nature named Zion...that beating a team that beat Zion and Duke is certainly adding fuel to the Cheats' fire for this game. I would not be surprised with either result.. In fact, with a gun pointed to my head, I might lean to the cheats....

Def some intangibles in favor of the Heels here...including the West coast team flying east and UNC wanting a signature win badly. Don't discount the fact that living in the shadow of the statistical/physical/media force of nature named Zion...that beating a team that beat Zion and Duke is certainly adding fuel to the Cheats' fire for this game. I would not be surprised with either result.. In fact, with a gun pointed to my head, I might lean to the cheats...
    Definitely, I forgot to mention that factor, too. When the buzzer sounded in Maui and Gonzaga had beaten Duke, among my first thoughts was, "Dangit, and now UNC is going to beat the Zags at home in a few weeks."

For Dukies that live in NC, brace yourself for incoming trash talk if UNC wins here. While I suspect Duke and Dukies will eventually get the last laugh, it'll be annoying for awhile if UNC beats the team that we lost to.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Definitely, I forgot to mention that factor, too. When the buzzer sounded in Maui and Gonzaga had beaten Duke, among my first thoughts was, "Dangit, and now UNC is going to beat the Zags at home in a few weeks."

For Dukies that live in NC, brace yourself for incoming trash talk if UNC wins here. While I suspect Duke and Dukies will eventually get the last laugh, it'll be annoying for awhile if UNC beats the team that we lost to.
    I'm bracing myself for a couple phantom PF on Hachimura (sp?), a few "gimme 3 steps" by the cheats that are umm, overlooked, and multiple OTB actions for O-boards and D-boards that send Zag players to the floor or into the front row that are conveniently ignored by the "fine" acc ref crew that swofford assigns to the game. IOW, bizness as usual in the dean's myth center this weekend. 9F.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

In fact, with a gun pointed to my head, I might lean to the cheats...
    I might just go ahead and pull the trigger. Give me anyone but Carolina, or give me death!

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Give me anyone but Carolina, or give me death!
    ign my name to this petition too. I hope the Zags beat them by 20, and that Roy finishes the game with two time outs still in his pocket.

I look for the Zags to win big. I’ve watched them once - a win over the #1 team (ugh), and I’ve watched the cheats twice - both losses. Small sample size, yes. And I’m biased strongly against the cheats, as every right thinking person should be.

GO ZAGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I might just go ahead and pull the trigger. Give me anyone but Carolina, or give me death!
    perhaps a primer on what the difference is between what we'd like to see versus what we think might happen would be timely...and I know that my desire that the Zags win the game will have zip zero nada impact. The intangibles I listed probably will have an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    ign my name to this petition too. I hope the Zags beat them by 20, and that Roy finishes the game with two time outs still in his pocket.
    I hope he finishes with those two time outs stuffed somewhere else...

perhaps a primer on what the difference is between what we'd like to see versus what we think might happen would be timely...and I know that my desire that the Zags win the game will have zip zero nada impact. The intangibles I listed probably will have an impact.
    I never think good things for Carolina. Never. Denial is not just a river in Egypt, it's a way of life!

Syracuse . . . Really? At home?!? Up by eleven in the second half ?!?!?

Good gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Syracuse . . . Really? At home?!? Up by eleven in the second half ?!?!?

Good gravy.
    jim-boeheim-memes-11.jpg

Yet, they'll play like champions on 2/23.

Looks like the Panthers are playing the beatable directional UMd school.