Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I'm reasonably certain Danowski can coach at Duke as long as he wishes.
    I hope Coach Danowski has earned that right.

I recall reading several years ago speculation by outsiders that Matt Danowski might succeed his father as head coach. However, Ron Caputo is about 50, coached with John at Hofstra, and came with him to Duke in 2008, so I assume Caputo is likely to be a candidate for the head coaching job when it opens up, unless he moves on in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by DST Fan View Post
    I hope Coach Danowski has earned that right.

I recall reading several years ago speculation by outsiders that Matt Danowski might succeed his father as head coach. However, Ron Caputo is about 50, coached with John at Hofstra, and came with him to Duke in 2008, so I assume Caputo is likely to be a candidate for the head coaching job when it opens up, unless he moves on in the meantime.
    I don't think Coach Caputo is going anywhere for the next five seasons, at least. His sons are both committed to play at Duke. The oldest, who will arrive in the fall, is an Under Armour All-American. The youngest, who is a year behind, might be better.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    I don't think Coach Caputo is going anywhere for the next five seasons, at least. His sons are both committed to play at Duke. The oldest, who will arrive in the fall, is an Under Armour All-American. The youngest, who is a year behind, might be better.
    That's good news.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Congrats to the guys on a great season. Yale was #1 for a good chunk of the season and took OT for 2 out of 3 losses. They were the better team today.

Coach needs to come back for 1 more season at least. 400 wins and a 4th title might have been enough incentive to retire early at age 64.
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    A mere youngster.
    Will you still love me, will you still need me, when we’re 64?

Congrats to Yale. LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    always good to have a nice breeding program.

Congratulations to Yale

Congratulations to Yale!

Their goaltender was Excellent and they took it to Duke at the beginning of each half.

I'm proud of how both Albany and Duke fared this season. A championship would have been nice, but I had great pride in both programs and enjoyed watching both teams immensely all season.
    There are exciting players coming back for both squads. It will be more fun next year I'm sure.

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Congrats to the guys on a great season. Yale was #1 for a good chunk of the season and took OT for 2 out of 3 losses. They were the better team today.

Coach needs to come back for 1 more season at least. 400 wins and a 4th title might have been enough incentive to retire early at age 64.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    why would you want him to retire?
    Are we anticipating Brad Stevens being available to take over in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    Are we anticipating Brad Stevens being available to take over in 2020?
    Now THAT would be a downwardly mobile career move, not that coaching Duke lacrosse isn't a great job--in the universe of lacrosse coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    always good to have a nice breeding program.
    Duke has multiple younger siblings coming in in the fall, including two outstanding GKs, Andrew Bonafede (brother of Ella) from Chaminade on LI and Garrett Smith (brother of Brad) from Mountain Lakes. The women’s top recruit is Maddie Jenner (sister of Olivia) from McDonough.