Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    If Felton did something wrong, then UNC has effectively distanced himself from it. If he didn't, then he'll likely be back playing basketball next year.
    Since he's been suspended from the university, doesn't that mean he'll automatically be ineligible to play next fall? I can't see how he can remain a student in good standing during the spring semester if he's not taking classes. Or maybe he could use the summer session to regain eligibility?

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Since he's been suspended from the university, doesn't that mean he'll automatically be ineligible to play next fall? I can't see how he can remain a student in good standing during the spring semester if he's not taking classes. Or maybe he could use the summer session to regain eligibility?
    I'm not super worried about the technicalities that would lead to Jalek Felton's reinstatement at UNC...

If you want to know some of the allegations, just search twitter for a little bit. There is one person in particular, who I know to be a real person who stands behind the statements. Dangerous territory, to be sure, but I'm not important. My opinion doesn't matter, and I know that if facts come out to the contrary, I'll be able to get over my original view on the matter. I know that's a risk with a vast majority of the public.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Was Markell Johnson excluded from going to classes?
    To answer you question, I believe he was but I can't find a source. However, the bulk of the suspension was over the holiday break making it a mostly moot point. He was suspended on 12/16, however the final day of exams was 12/13 and graduation was 12/15. So there was no impact to his course work last year. Charges were dropped against him on 1/11, so that did impact him for the spring semester, however classes only started on 1/8, so he missed four days of school at the start of the semester (if he was excluded from attending).

The biggest difference I can see between Felton and Johnson is that we know Johnson was charged with a felony. We still have nothing but rumors from Felton's issues.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    To answer you question, I believe he was but I can't find a source. However, the bulk of the suspension was over the holiday break making it a mostly moot point. He was suspended on 12/16, however the final day of exams was 12/13 and graduation was 12/15. So there was no impact to his course work last year. Charges were dropped against him on 1/11, so that did impact him for the spring semester, however classes only started on 1/8, so he missed four days of school at the start of the semester (if he was excluded from attending).

The biggest difference I can see between Felton and Johnson is that we know Johnson was charged with a felony. We still have nothing but rumors from Felton's issues.
    Johnson was still taking classes. He was always enrolled at State. It was a student conduct rule that would not allow him to compete for NC State while he was being investigated.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

A Gentle Reminder

Rumor mongering. We're not a tabloid and we're not going to be a party to propagating rumors. If you can't find a legitimate, mainstream media outlet with the information, it's likely a rumor. Don't post it. Asking about it, stating that it's a rumor, or linking to another message board's post is still rumor mongering.
    http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...before-posting

Thanks!
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Aw man, my awesome Ferris Bueller quote didn't last.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    The DBR moderators move pretty fast. If you don't habitually refresh your browser and check every new post, you could miss one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Hooray!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    But it did the job until Bob (or others) could mop up the mess.

I would, however, like to meet your sister’s boyfriend’s neighbor’s dog-walker’s daughter though. She sounds interesting.

(And if the rumors I hear about her are true, well . . . wait, can’t go there! That violates more than one DBR guideline.)

I imagine that real news will come out soon enough. And even then, it may only be one side of the story.