View Poll Results: Which school will Zion Williamson pick?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clemson

53 60.23%
  • Duke

25 28.41%
  • Kansas

0 0%
  • Kentucky

3 3.41%
  • North Carolina

6 6.82%
  • South Carolina

1 1.14%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Gameday is at UK.
    Rumour is Drake will be at UK.

Zion Williamson to UK is the call.

I hope I am wrong and either Duke or Clemson is the school he picks.
    The announcement is scheduled to take place on ESPN2 while Gameday is on ESPN. The Florida-UK game will tip at 8:15 on ESPN, the exact time the Zion pick will be taking place on ESPN2. Preceding the pick, the Tennessee-South Carolina (hmmmm) game.

I took UNC partly out of wishful thinking, and partly because Roy was on him early and has stayed on him diligently. My gut sees him as a relationship guy and players really like Roy.

Also, Little and White have been hard at him, so maybe they have him convinced to join them.

But I really have no clue...

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Why would he go to Duke and be the third best Freshman
    Duke next year would be an incredibly fun team to play for. Playing against the best in practice and in the ACC. Playing for a legend Coach, arguably GOAT in his prime. Playing with the best as teammates. There is no better preparation for the NBA and for life. Zion is perfect fit for Cameron and would bring the house down. Zion would fit perfectly on our team.

Nobody has much clue, but I would be very worried if I was Clemson. The CB is a good indicator, but not always. This really has the feel of a shocker type announcement. That could favor Kentucky. Calipari has a flair for the shocker announcements where everyone on CB is wrong. Think Knox. But I think the myth that playing at UK is best OAD path to NBA has been exposed. The best thing Cal has going for them in this recruitment is Drake. That is big, but hopefully not a deciding factor.

One team wins the lottery tonight. Who will it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    But I really have no clue...
    This ^^^^

I think it is impressive that Carolina is at 14% in the poll considering this board is full of Carolina haters. They may have more of a chance than I thought...
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    This ^^^^

I think it is impressive that Carolina is at 14% in the poll considering this board is full of Carolina haters. They may have more of a chance than I thought...
    It's called an emotional hedge. Hating works in strange ways sometimes...

However, I think it's Clemson and voted Clemson myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    It's called an emotional hedge. Hating works in strange ways sometimes...

However, I think it's Clemson and voted Clemson myself.
    Absolutely - emotional hedging is very effective degenerate gambling strategy. Bet some decent money against the team you want to win. Then you win either way - emotionally or financially.

I would be quite surprised if Williamson chooses any school other than Clemson.

I voted twice. First for Clemson and then for UK because Cal will keep working him, even after he commits (cough, cough).
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

He will go to UNC. Sorry to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    One time in his short college career, wearing a royal blue Duke uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    On what do you base this definitive prediction?

They posted his measurements during today's broadcast and all I can say is, that's one BIG dude at 6'6" and 272 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Duke next year would be an incredibly fun team to play for. Playing against the best in practice and in the ACC. Playing for a legend Coach, arguably GOAT in his prime. Playing with the best as teammates. There is no better preparation for the NBA and for life. Zion is perfect fit for Cameron and would bring the house down. Zion would fit perfectly on our team.
    He's not going to KU, but (imo) he would fit most snuggly with us next year. Two McDAA backcourt players (Dotson/Grimes) + one McDAA center (McCormack), to go along with De Sousa (6'8") who is playing now. Add those 4 to Vick, Garret, Dok, and Newman. That's not as much lottery talent as Duke, but it would be a very balanced and deep team. That's the most talented KU roster since the Wiggins/Embiid days.

Word around town is the staff gave up a few weeks ago, now focused on Romeo Langford.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Clemson. And they stay relevant for an entire season. ONE entire season.
    Clemson is relevant right now.

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Clemson is relevant right now.
    Agreed. My point was that perhaps they will remain so for the entirety of a season and not fade away once the ACC season gets into full swing.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by TexHawk View Post
    He's not going to KU, but (imo) he would fit most snuggly with us next year. Two McDAA backcourt players (Dotson/Grimes) + one McDAA center (McCormack), to go along with De Sousa (6'8") who is playing now. Add those 4 to Vick, Garret, Dok, and Newman. That's not as much lottery talent as Duke, but it would be a very balanced and deep team. That's the most talented KU roster since the Wiggins/Embiid days.

Word around town is the staff gave up a few weeks ago, now focused on Romeo Langford.
    Woah, you are really dating yourself here, old timer. Now tell us about the Dust Bowl.

Does UNC even have enough scholarships for him?

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Does UNC even have enough scholarships for him?
    Roy has a plan. I don't know what it is, but he wouldn't still be recruiting him if he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by TexHawk View Post

I agree with you TexHawk. I think the Jayhawks were legit leaders in this recruitment at one point, and he would fit in well with the team. I think Kansas is not happening purely due to geography. Self was wise to back out and focus on Langford.

Here it comes...

BOOM!!!!!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese