Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    And our friend Klemmie disappears back into the mists hoping to return someday...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Dang. When Clemson cut the lead to three, I allowed myself to hope. For about six seconds, until they lost track of Maye and he buried the dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Is Clemson playing at UNC next year?
    The normal ACC rotation would have Clemson @UNC only next year, BUT the ACC has to expand to 20 games. "Surprise" changes are coming. Count on UNC @ Clemson for the third year in a row along with 2 games v. Pitt and 2-3 other of the rotating bottom feeders. If Clemson gets Zion Williamson, the chances of no game in Chapel Hill go up exponentially. The 2019 ACC schedule is unannounced, but the rest of those predictions are for another thread.

Clemson losing in Chapel Hill is the only streak that UNC has left after 8-20 2002. It's worth much more to UNC than they will ever admit. ESPN already had 2-3 tweets about it.

They should hang a banner.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    They should hang a banner.
    They probably did...

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    And our friend Klemmie disappears back into the mists hoping to return someday...
    Monday: Klemnop, feeling renewed enthusiasm for hoops, posts on DBR

Tuesday: UNC toys with Clemson, as usual

Saturday afternoon: Clemson’s best player tears ACL effectively ending any chance of a meaningful end to the season

Saturday evening: Top recruit “shocks the world” by picking Duke over Clemson

Sunday AM: Klemnop flogs self for tempting the Weaux Gods by having posted on DBR in the first place. What a horrific week.

Congrats on getting Zion. We see the same dynamic in how Dabo attracts the top football players to Clemson so I can’t begrudge when basketball players do the same. It sucks for the also-rans, but I get it now.

I’m going to go crawl back into my miserable little hole, now. See you guys again in a few years.
    Last edited by Klemnop; 01-21-2018 at 11:29 AM.

please don't go....we like you
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by Klemnop View Post

Saturday afternoon: Clemson’s best player tears ACL effectively ending any chance of a meaningful end to the season

Sunday AM: Klemnop flogs self for tempting the Weaux Gods by having posted on in the first place. What a horrific week.

Congrats on getting Zion. We see the same dynamic in how Dabo attracts the top football players to Clemson so I can’t begrudge when basketball players do the same. It sucks for the also-rans, but I get it now.

I’m going to go crawl back into my miserable little hole, now. See you guys again in a few years.
    Holy crap. As a long time Duke football fan, I think I know how you feel. Just brutal.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

ACL?

Saturday afternoon: Clemson’s best player tears ACL effectively ending any chance of a meaningful end to the season.
    Grantham tore his ACL? I hadn't seen any news on the severity of the injury. That's terrible news.

Sunday AM: Klemnop flogs self for tempting the Weaux Gods by having posted on DBR in the first place. What a horrific week.

Plus, reports from other posters here have spoken highly about how folks on the Clemson boards reacted to the news, unlike a couple other unsavory fan bases.

Good to have you visit. We've missed you.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Grantham tore his ACL? I hadn't seen any news on the severity of the injury. That's terrible news.
    Confirmed by MRI this morning. Grantham has a torn ACL. His season and Clemson career are finished.

Awful

Confirmed by MRI this morning. Grantham has a torn ACL. His season and Clemson career are finished.
    What terrible news for the young man. Very sorry to hear it.

what a bummer....sorry to hear that...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

That really stinks!

Although I'm glad Williamson picked Duke, I would have liked to see him pick Clemson over the others on his list.

Hope you stick around Klemnop and I'm sorry. This news about Grantham's ACL is just awful and awful timing.

I posted this in ACC thread -What an awful week and day for Clemson. I think many of us would have been happy for Clemson to win Zion. I mean we're ecstatic with the shocking announcement for us, but it just sucks for Clemson and I feel for them.

I'll keep cheering for your Tigers in football. I mean I love Duke football and will always cheer for us first. But Clemson is on a different level, I love Dabo, and hope to see them dominate the SEC.