Thread: Amazon Link?

Amazon Link?

There used to be an Amazon link on the DBR homepage that would kick back some revenue to DBR for any purchases made using the link. Is that still a thing here? If so, can someone please post the link (or point me to where it is located)?

A soccer podcast I listen to had an amazon page with a similar kickback arrangement under the Amazon Partner Program. Not sure if this is what DBR was doing, but according to that podcast, Amazon has ended the Partner Program.

I don't know about DBR but I do use Amazon Smile to send a little $$ to my daughter's High School (specifically the Pride Athletic Club which gives money to the schools athletic programs - my daughter's a soccer player). I just checked and so far I've 'given' $4.70 :-)

I also give through Smile.amazon.com. I've managed to "contribute" $4.71 to my church.

Perhaps, since DBR is now part of SBNation, they aren't eligible. I see lots of other organizations with Duke in their name listed as participating charities.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    so far I've 'given' $4.70 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I've managed to "contribute" $4.71 to my church.
    Aw man, now I have to go buy something on Smile.Amazon and 'contribute' at least $.02 :-)

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The home page articles all end with this. It's a clickable link. No idea where it goes, since I didn't click.

If you're going to shop Amazon, please start here and help DBR and while you're there check out Barry’s book Across The Line
    Check out our October '17 t-shirt! | Drop us a line
    https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...es-on-the-road
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The home page articles all end with this. It's a clickable link. No idea where it goes, since I didn't click.

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...es-on-the-road
    This is what I was looking for--thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDevil View Post
    A soccer podcast I listen to had an amazon page with a similar kickback arrangement under the Amazon Partner Program. Not sure if this is what DBR was doing, but according to that podcast, Amazon has ended the Partner Program.
    Well, that's unfortunate. DBR is still posting the links, so I will at least give it a shot.

Aw man, now I have to go buy something on Smile.Amazon and 'contribute' at least $.02 :-)
    Hey, I've donated a whopping $7.94 to the charity of my choice.

Has anybody hit double figures?

I guess I need to buy more.

If your daughter is like my kids I think she would argue that you give your $.02 far too often already!

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Hey, I've donated a whopping $7.94 to the charity of my choice.

Has anybody hit double figures?

I guess I need to buy more.
    $9.55 to Lab Rescue of Greater Richmond. Almost there!

$13.72 to Katie’s Roadside Rescue(San Antonio, TX)

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    $13.72 to Katie’s Roadside Rescue(San Antonio, TX)
    That's setting the bar way high.

As Senator Byrd (Harry? Henry? William? Admiral?) once said about government spending, " a million here, a million there and pretty soon we're talking about real money."

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    That's setting the bar way high.

As Senator Byrd (Harry? Henry? William? Admiral?) once said about government spending, " a million here, a million there and pretty soon we're talking about real money."
    Actually, I think that it was Sen. Dirksen of IL who is credited with saying it. "A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you’re talking about real money.”

$17.14 to the Acoustic Neuroma Association (I'm a recovering patient), but I buy A LOT on Amazon.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

$25.67 to Ruth's House -- a local shelter for victims of domestic violence (I must shop more on Amazon than I realized.)

Well, Amazon credits at 0.5% so divide your total by .005 and see how much you spent.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Actually, I think that it was Sen. Dirksen of IL who is credited with saying it. "A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you’re talking about real money.”
    According to the internet, it was Dirksen and a million.

Inflation and all that. So, a billion in today's dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    If your daughter is like my kids I think she would argue that you give your $.02 far too often already!
    That would actually require my kids to hear and/or pay attention to realize that I've given my $.02 :-)