Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    Sorry. Never will forget Wagner either.
    completely agree. his ring cycle is yet the greatest musical achievement in history.
    1200. DDMF.

Remember when it was said that if you couldn't play defense you could not get on the floor for Coach K? Or was it some other coach at Duke?

Quote Originally Posted by 53n206 View Post
    Remember when it was said that if you couldn't play defense you could not get on the floor for Coach K? Or was it some other coach at Duke?
    well playing with fewer than 5 players has been precedented this year...with some success as well...maybe we ought to give it a shot.
    1200. DDMF.

Bob Rathbun on the TV call? Yuck. At least we get G Man with the analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    TV Stations and Free Stream:
    http://theacc.com/sports/2017/12/9/a...b-180113a.aspx

Blackout Map:

Options based on location:

Black:
    -On TV via station from list linked above
    -Online via link posted above

Green:
    -On TV via ESPN College Extra (channel assignments not available yet)
    -Online via ACC Network Extra section of WatchESPN
    ESPN College Extra channel assignments:
    DirecTV 788, AT&T U-Verse 614, Verizon FIOS 821, Spectrum cable subscribers should check local lineup

For those interested in this sort of thing, the markets included in the over the air broadcast cover about 64.5% of the population.

I hate early games.

wagner hell I can't get over last saturday

Not sure about you but I still can't get over last saturday.That wasn't a "next play" game. It's not that we lost to State it was the state of our Defense. I know it's a young team (defensively somewhere near underclass high school) but despite the best talent in the country I hate to say we looked completely uncoached on defense I know we have the best coach of all time so what happened? Defense on the street is better than what we showed saturday. 20 minutes of D against Pitt means nothing to me... I wish I had a solution. I don't. Can we afford 25 minutes of J Robbie just for his communication and hustle? Maybe or maybe we can't afford not to have 25 minutes of J Robby! Untl someone figures it out I wouldn't take anyone lightly. I do love and respect Duke basketball and esp Coach K, but this lack of D is very very painful to watch even when we outscore the opponent. For all of you who begged for the no contact game you are now getting it from our D. I would rather we fouled every shot in the paint than to see us give up dunk after dunk.
    All that said I am still wondering if the whole team has had the flu, is playing through partially torn tendons, or mononucleosis. I think any of those would make me feel more confident for the future than I do right now.
    Here's hoping we can outscore Wake tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    completely agree. his ring cycle is yet the greatest musical achievement in history.
    Yeah, he got around a bit, but then again so did Liszt.
    The University of North Carolina
    Where CHEATING is a Way of Life

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    If the collective scores of both teams is under 165, I like our chances to win.
    The consensus Over/Under in Vegas is currently 166.5 points:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-...cfm/team/duke

Duke is favored by 16.5 points.
    Bob Green

Thanks

Blackout Map:

Black:

Green:
    I appreciate you putting this on the board!!

For those interested in this sort of thing, the markets included in the over the air broadcast cover about 64.5% of the population.
    Yes, but what about electoral votes? What's the breakdown there?

Oh, and for the record, Wake is one of the teams I've come to despise recently, due to their chippy style. Bryant Crawford, in particular, is rather unpleasant.

I'm not predicting anything. This Duke team could win any game or lose any game - there's no telling what will happen, no matter who gets it right in their pre-game prediction and then considers themselves an expert.

Blackout Map:

Black:

Green:
    May be stuck at, er, um, I mean enjoying a swim meet mid-day. What's the replay potential?

Quote Originally Posted by DrChainsaw View Post
    May be stuck at, er, um, I mean enjoying a swim meet mid-day. What's the replay potential?
    Replay should be on WatchESPN. Might be a short delay after the game is over before replay is available. Or do better than I do, and remember to set your DVR.

Enjoy your chore . . . er, I mean the pleasure of watching the swim meet.

any word on the injured big men?

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    any word on the injured big men?
    I have it on good authority that they are still big.
    This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
    No trees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.

javin ist not dressed

No mention of Javin's or Marques' status for the WFU game during yesterday's presser with Grayson.

The Don Best site(looks pretty updated and hopefully accurate)lists both as questionable for today.
    http://www.donbest.com/ncaab/injuries/

(sorry, uh_no beat me to it re: Javin)

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Wake is a significant step up from what we faced yesterday, both in talent and experience. They are, performance-wise, not too dissimilar from State, although they accomplish it quite differently. Like State, they have a pretty good offense (slightly better) but bad defense (slightly worse). Unlike State, they don’t play particularly fast. They are a terrific shooting team, both on 3s and at the line. They defend 3s very poorly however.

Centers: Doral Moore (7’1”, 250lb junior) is the man in the middle. Moore is a huge presence, though not a particularly skilled one. Very dangerous around the rim thanks to his size and reasonable athleticism, but away from the rim he is awful. Moore rebounds, blocks shots, and dunks. Anything else is gravy. Foul trouble is Moore’s issue. He averages 3 fouls per 22.5 mpg. When Moore sits, Olivier Sarr (7’0”, 215lb freshman from France) fills in. Sarr is a decent shooter with range out to 3pt land. But he is paper-thin, and not much of a presence inside.

Forwards: If I had to pick a weakness for the Deacs (aside from defense), it would be at forward. They just aren’t great here. Terrence Thompson (6’7”, 215lb senior transfer from Marshall) is the de facto PF. Thompson is a solid rebounder, and a decent shooter. But not a guy who jumps off the page aside from effort. Behind him is Donovan Mitchell (6’8”, 215lb soph). Mitchell is a pure stretch four. He is a fantastic shooter snd should not be left open. He is a bad defender, though, which probably explains his limited minutes. He should not be confused with former Louisville star guard Donovan Mitchell. They are not afraid to go with four guard/wings either.

Wings: This is an area of strength for Wake. Keyshawn Woods (6’3”, 190lb junior transfer from Charlotte) is a terrific shooter and shot creator. He is one of the best shooters in the country. A must-cover, no questions asked. Freshman Chaundey Brown (6’5”, 215lb) is the other starter. Brown is a terrific athlete who plays with strength, and also a pretty good shooter. Off the bench, Mitchell Wilbekin (6’2”, 165lb senior, Scottie’s little bro) is the primary option. Wilbekin is a shooter (45.6% 3pt), and little else. He is awful inside the arc.

Guards: This really could just be a continuation of the previous section. Bryant Crawford (6’3”, 195lb junior) is the Deacs’ star. He is a combo guard through and through. Quite capable of scoring or distributing, though he is a better scorer than passer. Crawford is strong and athletic, and a pretty good shooter too. He has historically given us fits, and is a handful who may just wind up in the NBA. Crawford will also play SG some when Brandon Childress (6’0”, 190lb soph, Randolph’s kid) comes in. Childress has improved a good bit from last year. He plays with a fire and fearlessness, and can be a real pain. He can lose his cool, as seen in the Allen shove last year. A streaky shooter who isn’t afraid to take it into the trees.

As you can tell, Wake’s strength is their shooting. Seven of their nine regulars shoot 35+% from 3, and one who doesn’t is a bad shooter himself. They will certainly test our defense’s progress. They aren’t just shooters - they have 3-4 guys who are dynamic with the ball in their hands. Conversely, they are bad defensively. I don’t expact this game to have less than 170 points scored.
    So I won’t expect much zone from Duke today.

marques isnot dressed
    Last edited by uh_no; 01-13-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madscavenger View Post
    Yeah, he got around a bit, but then again so did Liszt.
    And The Beach Boys