View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's win over Pitt tonight?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wendell Carter

1 1.23%
  • Marvin Bagley

7 8.64%
  • Gary Trent

7 8.64%
  • Grayson Allen

0 0%
  • Trevon Duval

4 4.94%
  • Jordan Goldwire

0 0%
  • Alex O'Connell

1 1.23%
  • Antonio Vrankovic

0 0%
  • Jack White

3 3.70%
  • Justin Robinson

58 71.60%
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke at Pittsburgh (Jan 10, 2018)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's win over Pitt tonight?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

JRob. Wonderful to see his real debut.

Wonder if Dad knows about DBR?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Never been so excited to vote for a MOTM before. J-Rob all the way!

Yep. I'm going to be that guy:

J-Rob for President!

Bagley with 16 and 15 is MOTM worthy, but 5 turnovers and 6 missed FTs lead me to Trent with a sweet-shooting MOTM game.

Bagley

Bagley didn't have his typical 30/20 game, but his composure despite the crowd, the physical play, and the refs swallowing their whistles was a great teaching moment. Proud of that dude.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Bagley didn't have his typical 30/20 game, but his composure despite the crowd, the physical play, and the refs swallowing their whistles was a great teaching moment. Proud of that dude.
    Bagley had a strong game and it looked to me like he should have had many more chances to miss free throws. Very bad reffing.

JRob because his delta was the greatest

Voted for JRob. Gave team a great lift on a night when we were short bigs. But I thought the bench generally played well. Jack White had some great hustle plays, AOC knocked down some shots, Goldwire was steady, as well as JRob.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Besides clapping when Robinson got his 10th, I enjoyed watching him on defense. He earned the minutes he was out there and did a solid job making the most of his opportunity.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    JRob because his delta was the greatest
    same reasoning here. Not that it's always relevant, but the largest difference between expected performance and actual belonged to J-Rob. Alex put up an insanely efficient night as well.
    Bagley's numbers were excellent, again, and particularly on the Oboards (9), but his lack of efficiency on offense (somewhat due to Hack-a-Bag defense not getting called for fouls) was a drag on his MOTM potential.
    f

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    somewhat due to Hack-a-Bag defense not getting called for fouls
    With 2-8 FT shooting, I'd be hacking the hell out of him too. Even if the foul gets called, your investment is likely worth the return.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Besides clapping when Robinson got his 10th, I enjoyed watching him on defense. He earned the minutes he was out there and did a solid job making the most of his opportunity.
    He has a toughness to him, and I like what he does to the floor balance with his mobility, shot blocking and shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    With 2-8 FT shooting, I'd be hacking the hell out of him too. Even if the foul gets called, your investment is likely worth the return.
    no argument whatsoever. Bagley easily could have been 7-12 from the floor, and if that means that he could have been as poor as 2-16 from the stripe, i'd rather have that than allowing him to get mauled all the time. It almost got too chippy there, when they called that double tech. Pitt's players were starting to get a little full of themselves about how much they could just abuse Marvin, and i think the refs finally caught on that they couldn't allow that anymore, but just couldn't not blame Bagley for his own abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Other than against Sparty, I think Bagley should be MOTM for every game so far. The comparison to Bosh is accurate, though Bagley is better than Bosh was as a freshman. More like Bosh as a young vet in the association.

Liked Robinson's play, as well as the other reserves. With DeLaurier and Bolden out, they got good minutes. Even though this was just Pitt, it was good to see them play well. But Bagley is the man each game, Duke has never had anyone like quite like him. He's kind of like K for coaching awards. The media just expects K to have a great year, so he's almost never COTY. I think Duke fans are expecting the same from Bagley... which is OK because he produces!

While I voted for Justin, I wanted to point out that the game was only competitive for about the first 3 minutes, and during that time Grayson had a steal and two nifty assists. Don't let the missed threes fool you, Grayson set the tone and led the way to the blowout win, just like a senior should.

Justin wasn't a unanimous choice!!!! I demand a recount. Of course living in VA that will lead to drawing a name out of a hat so never mind.