Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263
Results 1,241 to 1,248 of 1248
  1. #1241
    Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Thanks, makes sense. I'm not allowed to trade individual stocks, so need to find proxies.
    I understand. At these levels, I think IAT is appropriately priced given substantially more industry specific risk relative to the overall market. Im also not excited about paying 42 basis points in management expenses. I currently prefer VTI to IAT.

  2. #1242
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    A Forbes article about Trump's debt raised a question for me -- what is the real future of office space? In my area, most folks continue to work from home and I cannot see office revenues being healthy for the foreseeable future. Which is not good if you have a high monthly debt service on it; you thus have an asset that is losing value and a smaller stream of income to pay the nut. And good luck refinancing on the asset as it drops in value.

    And the Forbes article, for those interested in investment but not on the political thread:

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalex.../#65ee06e64330

  3. #1243
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    A Forbes article about Trump's debt raised a question for me -- what is the real future of office space? In my area, most folks continue to work from home and I cannot see office revenues being healthy for the foreseeable future. Which is not good if you have a high monthly debt service on it; you thus have an asset that is losing value and a smaller stream of income to pay the nut. And good luck refinancing on the asset as it drops in value...
    ... and it ain't that pretty at all,
    Ain't that pretty at all.

    I’d expand your prudent concern to include most commercial real estate. IMO, a blood bath is rapidly approaching.

  4. #1244
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    ... and it ain't that pretty at all,
    Ain't that pretty at all.

    Id expand your prudent concern to include most commercial real estate. IMO, a blood bath is rapidly approaching.
    I'd rather feel bad
    than not feel anything at all . . . .

  5. #1245
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I'd rather feel bad
    than not feel anything at all . . . .
    So, I'm going to hurl myself against the wall...

  6. #1246
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    So, I'm going to hurl myself against the wall...
    When Black Friday comes
    I'll stand down by the door
    And catch the grey men when they
    Dive from the fourteenth floor

    When Black Friday comes
    I'll collect everything I'm owed
    And before my friends find out
    I'll be on the road . . . .

  7. #1247
    Actually, there is one REIT I would own or a least consider. But haven't in quite a few years. Indianapolis based Duke Realty (DRE). Primary business when I sold it was warehouse space. Primary customer? Amazon. Well, the significant customer driving their growth. They then started getting in to medical facilities, which I wasn't a huge fan of, but I sold when tax treatment of REIT dividends changed. I like to keep my taxes simple so no MLPs, etc.

  8. #1248
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Actually, there is one REIT I would own or a least consider. But haven't in quite a few years. Indianapolis based Duke Realty (DRE). Primary business when I sold it was warehouse space. Primary customer? Amazon. Well, the significant customer driving their growth. They then started getting in to medical facilities, which I wasn't a huge fan of, but I sold when tax treatment of REIT dividends changed. I like to keep my taxes simple so no MLPs, etc.
    Makes sense. Having Amazon as a primary customer certainly gets my attention. Better yet, also having Amazon as a substantial shareholder. The combination, and a positive legal ruling, were key reasons I recommended Atlas Air (AAWW) below...

    https://forums.dukebasketballreport...10#post1253310

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 07:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •