Page 45 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
    Hmmm, the market must be closed still.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Hmmm, the market must be closed still.
    Then, it must be my wife. I thought Mr. Market took some of my money today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Then, it must be my wife. I thought Mr. Market took some of my money today.
    She must have put it back this morning. Wonder what will happen this afternoon.

I have to go out and pick up some seafood, but if I have time I might purchase all of BP or maybe Exxon...never have to worry about gasoline ever again...OPEC and the Russkis sure picked a swell time to have a spat, and their "fix" isn't moving the needle...

Currently, there’s a very high correlation between Mr. Market’s and my wife’s responsiveness. For example, if Retail USA reopened this afternoon, then I suspect Mr. Market would shoot through the roof while my wife burns rubber out of our driveway.

Currently, there’s a very high correlation between Mr. Market’s and my wife’s responsiveness. For example, if Retail USA reopened this afternoon, then I suspect Mr. Market would shoot through the roof while my wife burns rubber out of our driveway.
    Will she be driving the Corvette?

Will she be driving the Corvette?
    No, for her safety, I always keep the Vette and ZL1 fobs in my pocket.

No, for her safety, I always keep the Vette and ZL1 fobs in my pocket.
    So you weren't just happy to see her then!

On a serious note... why is the overall market currently up 3% while banks are down 3%?

On a serious note... why is the overall market currently up 3% while banks are down 3%?
    Expected reduction in brokering future deals as well as increased risk of consumer/business defaults? Not sure...Don't know why that'd be specific to today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Expected reduction in brokering future deals as well as increased risk of consumer/business defaults? Not sure...Don't know why that'd be specific to today.
    I agree the major bank earning reports/calls today clearly state substantial future loan loss expectations and a longer expected recovery time, but why would that be good for the overall market? Very large consumer and commercial defaults and a longer than expected recovery time period should, IMO, be bad news for most companies (the overall market).

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I agree the major bank earning reports/calls today clearly state substantial future loan loss expectations and a longer expected recovery time, but why would that be good for the overall market? Very large consumer and commercial defaults and a longer than expected recovery time period should, IMO, be bad news for most companies (the overall market).
    Yea, the dichotomy between what a few of the banks reported today and what the overall market did today is quite startling (and puzzling). It's either a lot of short-covering (as some analysts maintain but I'm skeptical of this theory) OR investors are (blindly) optimistic that the virus will evaporate away quite rapidly and people will go back to their "normal", pre-pandemic lifestyle and spending patterns and the economy will re-ignite. I'm also somewhat skeptical of the latter theory. But maybe "Mr. Market" has a better understanding of the future than I do!

Added a tiny sliver to my PNC stake this morning.

Added a tiny sliver to my PNC stake this morning.
    I added some Walmart. Yes, I bought it close to the all time high, but in three months when it's trading at $160, I'll regret not having done it.

If it goes below $120, I'll just add more.

Bought some Bank of America to sell later. Closed out the Boeing that I shorted at $145... before it went right back up to $145. Crazy.

Sold off some UVXY at $47.50 that I bought end of day yesterday for $42. That is my favorite ETF by far.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Buying CMA under $27.

Buying CMA under $27.
    I bought some CMG last week and added a little bit to it.

I bought some CMG last week and added a little bit to it.
    CMG or CMA?

CMG or CMA?
    Chipotle Mexican Grill, a letter different but a world away business wise.

Buying CMA under $27.
    I've never heard of this stock, but it looks good. That dividend is outrageously high. I trust this is a strong mid cap that got sucked down with the rest of the banks this week.

It's up to $28 after hours. I'll see if I can get in on some tomorrow at the $26-27 price point.

I continue to trade (the very volatile) Boeing. Bought as it fell hard right at the end of day to $134.75 and it's already up to $145 after hours, so I am pleased.

Insane weeks from ROKU and TSLA.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I've never heard of this stock, but it looks good. That dividend is outrageously high. I trust this is a strong mid cap that got sucked down with the rest of the banks this week.
    I currently recommend ignoring dividend yields and P/Es on banks. Their earnings and dividends are getting ready to take a deep dive! IMO, dividends and buybacks should temporarily stop at banks. It’s almost impossible for banks to currently predict future charge-offs. And, their shown delinquency schedules will be highly manipulated by massive due date extensions.

This purchase is a piece of one of my new plays. Give me time to finish executing (hopefully, tomorrow) and I’ll show the play here.