Page 42 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
    Was 6.6 million already priced in? Dang, that's a big number. My sister is among them.

Luckin Coffee fabricated sales figures. Shocked I tell ya, shocked!

Seems like recently this thread should be retitled "Traders Thread" instead of "Investment."

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Was 6.6 million already priced in? Dang, that's a big number. My sister is among them.
    Well, stock market is basically unchanged, so I guess it was...Unemployment numbers will continue to rise over the coming month for sure unfortunately.

Just saw on Bloomberg that Boeing will be offering voluntary buyouts to its 161K employees. Stunning.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Just saw on Bloomberg that Boeing will be offering voluntary buyouts to its 161K employees. Stunning.
    Yes, stunning but not altogether surprising. A year and a half ago (when BA stock was selling at $430) and prior to the 737 Max crashes, BA had a huge back order of planes. And now, given the almost total drop off in plane travel (and who know when it will return to normal?), I'm sure many of those backlogged orders from carriers around the world have been or will be cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Only one way to find out.
    You go first. I'm vegan, so leave eating creatures with faces to the rest of y'all.

some fascinating presidential tweets about a huge Saudi-Russian deal to cut oil production by a big amount (15 million barrels/day) seems to be news to the Russkis and Saudis...it's a carnival out there.

Time to reevaluate?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    FWIW, studies have shown lump sum stock purchases beat dollar cost averaging about two-thirds of the time.
    I think we're in one of those times where dollar cost averaging is a good idea. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Time to reevaluate?
    I've never reevaluated and modified my investment approach more than the last 30 days. I've been investing since my late teens, spent significant time learning and understanding financial history, and worked very hard at not making emotionally based financial decisions. My investment approach has been disciplined and mostly consistent, until now. It's a new world, with no realistic historical comparison, and the markets are being manipulated at extreme levels. It's a new game and I have a new playbook.

Manipulated?

Jeffrey,

What kind of manipulation do you think is occurring?

Matt

Jeffrey,

What kind of manipulation do you think is occurring?

Matt
    Hi Matt,

The U.S. Government is manipulating, in a highly beneficial manner, many markets by providing extreme liquidity and support. In 2008/2009, the U.S. Government made nowhere near as much effort or financial commitment. Many muni markets are perfect examples.

I've never reevaluated and modified my investment approach more than the last 30 days. I've been investing since my late teens, spent significant time learning and understanding financial history, and worked very hard at not making emotionally based financial decisions. My investment approach has been disciplined and mostly consistent, until now. It's a new world, with no realistic historical comparison, and the markets are being manipulated at extreme levels. It's a new game and I have a new playbook.
    Aw come on...you can't say you have a new playbook and not give us some of what's in there!

I haven't bought and sold stock in 20 years. That may change next week. Of course, with just a little $$ so that when I lose most of it I haven't taken a real hit (but if things workout I get some stuff for my kids).

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Aw come on...you can't say you have a new playbook and not give us some of what's in there!
    Show my new playbook, on a public forum, with a thread having thousands of views?

As always, just send me a PM and I'll answer any questions you have, my friend.

Okay

Hi Matt,

The U.S. Government is manipulating, in a highly beneficial manner, many markets by providing extreme liquidity and support. In 2008/2009, the U.S. Government made nowhere near as much effort or financial commitment. Many muni markets are perfect examples.
    Yes, I can see that as a legitimate view of what the Fed and Congress are doing. I won't go any further, for fear of getting into public policy territory.

Hi Matt,

In 2009, it could be argued that alternative methods and choices would have been better than the choice the government took. I don't want to get into that discussion, only that the choices made were not seen as universally necessary.

In our current situation, almost everyone recognizes that the world governments need to go big and quickly. I think the hindsight will be about the ability to get that aid out, not about the effort or commitment.

Yes, I can see that as a legitimate view of what the Fed and Congress are doing.
    As a result, IMO, there are significant differences between some current intrinsic and market values. Also, some markets are currently much more appealing than others. IMO, it's an extremely different investment world, than ever before, and players need to adjust quickly and accordingly.

Show my new playbook, on a public forum, with a thread having thousands of views?

As always, just send me a PM and I'll answer any questions you have, my friend.
    I PMed you. Now I realize I didn't ask a question, but more started a dialogue. I can get more specific if needed though.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I PMed you. Now I realize I didn't ask a question, but more started a dialogue. I can get more specific if needed though.
    Thanks for starting a dialogue. Please send me any questions you have, so I know where you want me to focus. I’ll gladly provide free advice and guarantee it’s worth every penny. I’ll be back in the virtual world Monday. Have a great weekend.

Rumors of a oil production deal between OPEC + continue to buoy the futures.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Bought some PNC at 88.75. Looking at MS also...
    I bought 8 shares as an entry point for $85 on Friday. Thanks for the tip. I'm up $60 this morning.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.