Page 150 of 182 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 3625
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Tiny buyer today, like miniscule amounts that are immaterial to my portfolio. But a buyer nonetheless.
    Me too. I bought some AVUV and VTI near end of day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post

And Jason this is from the company website: "These Digital Trading Cards are not political and have nothing to do with any political campaign."
    Is this your plea to avoid getting an infraction...?

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Is this your plea to avoid getting an infraction...?
    I little tongue in check but yes. I got one from the Mid-Term thread. It's the first time since the fifth grade.

Also the whole thing is just a licensing deal (and maybe a way to launder money .)

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    I little tongue in check but yes. I got one from the Mid-Term thread. It's the first time since the fifth grade.
    Rookies

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Me too. I bought some AVUV and VTI near end of day.
    PXD and AMD for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Absolutely I do. My point was that you don’t typically see that as a consumer ad strategy but Coinbase felt it necessary to try to disassociate itself from crypto chicanery by leaning into the fact it is independently audited. I find that amusing.
    “Crypto firms claim unable to sign deals with Big Four firms.”

“Mazars Group, the accounting firm used by crypto giant Binance Holdings Ltd. and other big players in the industry to vouch for their assets held in reserve, has halted all such work for crypto clients, dealing a blow to an industry seeking to shore up confidence in the wake of FTX’s collapse.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...uverify%20wall

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    “Crypto firms claim unable to sign deals with Big Four firms.”

“Mazars Group, the accounting firm used by crypto giant Binance Holdings Ltd. and other big players in the industry to vouch for their assets held in reserve, has halted all such work for crypto clients, dealing a blow to an industry seeking to shore up confidence in the wake of FTX’s collapse.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...uverify%20wall
    Yep! Not sure what point you think I was making but I just would not want to be in an industry that’s best message to consumers was, “hey, we’re the ones that were independently audited”.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yep! Not sure what point you think I was making but I just would not want to be in an industry that’s best message to consumers was, “hey, we’re the ones that were independently audited”.
    I think we only differed in I thought it was a prudent Coinbase advertising decision. Now, I’m almost certain. There’s no escaping what industry they’re in.

New changes to retirement and savings laws coming?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/20/succe...bus/index.html

Last trading day of the year, be safe out there.

My highly anticipated NFTs are soon to be available, so keep them in mind as you plan your 2023 high quality investments. Holly The Dog prominently featured.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    My highly anticipated NFTs are soon to be available, so keep them in mind as you plan your 2023 high quality investments. Holly The Dog prominently featured.
    I *really* hope Holly is being appropriately compensated here. NIL for NFT dogs is a cause that I think everyone can get behind. Mods, if this is too political, please merge with the DWBB thread.

Growth versus value comparison

2022 went out with whimper as the market closed down marginally today. Interesting thing is that buying picked up in the last hour of the day(or perhaps it was a lack of selling) so that the S&P 500 only closed down 19.44% for the year. If it would have closed at its 1:24 PM EST low of 3800.34, it would have ended down 20.27% for the year. For the month of December, large cap value was down 4.4% from its November close, large cap growth down 7.7%, and the S&P 500 down 6.1%.

On December 19th, each of the ETFs paid their quarterly dividends. IUSV paid $0.431758, IUSG paid $0.218503 and IVV paid $1.723616. Those amounts get added to the cumulative dividends and the cost basis will be adjusted to figure out the returns.

And on to 2023, may all your returns be positive!

The market of large cap US stocks (S&P 500) since the end of November, 2021: (as of 12/30/2022)

iShares Core S&P U.S. Value ETF (IUSV) price at close 11/30/2021: 71.77
    Total Dividends: 1.95/2022 1.57
    Annual Dividend Yield: Current 2.22%
    Adjusted cost basis: 69.82
    Close 12/30: 70.63 (12/30/202276.34)
    Return since the end of November 2021: +1.2%
    2022 Return: -5.5%
    Takeaway: variance is due to a strong December 2021 and dividends received since the end of November 2021.

iShares Core S&P U.S. Growth ETF (IUSG) price at close 11/30/2021: 113.07
    Total Dividends: 1.02/2022 0.84
    Annual Dividend Yield: Current 1.03%
    Adjusted cost basis: 112.05
    Close 12/30: 81.52 (12/30/2021 115.64)

Return since the end of November 2021: -27.2%
    2022 Return: -29.0%

iShares Core S&P 500 ETF (IVV) price at close 11/30/2021: 457.63
    Total Dividends: 7.89/2022 6.39
    Annual Dividend Yield: Current 1.66%
    Adjusted cost basis: 449.74
    Close 12/30: 384.21 (12/30/2022 476.99)

Return since the end of November 2021: -14.6%
    2022 Return: -18.4%

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    I *really* hope Holly is being appropriately compensated here. NIL for NFT dogs is a cause that I think everyone can get behind. Mods, if this is too political, please merge with the DWBB thread.
    Keeping Holly in biscuits is our primary goal, plus she's driving to Florida in a month...if we had a Tesla, I'd let her drive for sure.

Non-farm payrolls came in a bit higher than expected today, 223k vs. 203k. Wage growth moderated coming in at up 0.3% for the month and 4.6% year over year. Both of those were lower than expected. And finally, the Services PMI, a measure of expected activity in the service sector going forward, dropped a surprising 6.9%. These data points caused the major market indexes to close up between 2 and 2.5%.

Palpable disappointment in some circles to find that the recession isn't. And may well not be.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Palpable disappointment in some circles to find that the recession isn't. And may well not be.
    Many are really trying to talk us in to one.

Many are really trying to talk us in to one.
    They've been doing that for months, many literally calling it a recession what it wasn't...meanwhile unemployment remains wonderfully low, personal spending is high, and inflation (which is indeed a problem) is abating slowly.

There may well be a recession in coming months, but I agree with Mark Zandi (big fan of his) that if there is a recession, it will probably be on the mild side...

Inflation readings at the CPI level were very mild for December. I mentioned a few months ago that inflation peaked in June. That becomes even more clear looking at the 6 month inflation rate annualized. In June, that number was 12.56%, in December that number is 0.32%. The Year over Year change is 6.45%, the number you are likely to hear. The month over month was -0.3%.

What does this all mean? This data will support the market move upward since the beginning of the year. But not so great to push us to another level higher in some opinions.

And I Bond rates are going to crater when they adjust again in March.
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 01-12-2023 at 09:31 AM.

Inflation readings at the CPI level were very mild for December. I mentioned a few months ago that inflation peaked in June. That becomes even more clear looking at the 6 month inflation rate annualized. In June, that number was 12.56%, in December that number is 0.32%. The Year over Year change is 6.45%, the number you are likely to hear. The month over month was -0.3%.

What does this all mean? This data will support the market move upward since the beginning of the year. But not so great to push us to another level higher in some opinions.

And I Bond rates are going to crater when they adjust again in March.
    They adjust in May. The VARIABLE rate (good for six months) will crater, but the FIXED rate (good for the entire duration of the bond, up to 30 years) is likely to increase a reasonable amount. One can wait until mid-April to see what the rates will look like, and then purchase before end of April to lock-in the current rates, or wait until after May to make the purchase (if you're so inclined).