Page 129 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 3627
    Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I'd love one. Your last recommendation was a homerun. I'll take that PM too. Hopefully it is not to buy SPCE, hahahaha
    Cool… sent you a PM. It’s not SPCE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I’m definitely a bottom-up investor and think there’s more value, in certain stocks, than there has been since March 2020.
    That feels about right, though you would know better than me. There’s lots of value out there but I’m like Ymo, mostly adding to long-term etf positions.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That feels about right, though you would know better than me. There’s lots of value out there but I’m like Ymo, mostly adding to long-term etf positions.
    IMO, indexing is the best approach for the vast majority of investors. OTOH, as more players index, stock picking opportunities increase. Passive investing cannot exit without active.

What do folks think about C? Seems like it is pretty beaten down. Low p/e, low p/ book and a nice dividend at current pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by mpj96 View Post
    What do folks think about C? Seems like it is pretty beaten down. Low p/e, low p/ book and a nice dividend at current pricing.
    I prefer BAC but C should work here relative to the market. It's chart just looks odd as it has lagged its peers(JPM, BAC, WFC) significantly since the Great Recession.

Quote Originally Posted by mpj96 View Post
    I’m holding the best and worst (JPM & C) of the bigs. It creates substantial industry diversification. Currently, I think all the bigs are good values.

IMO, the bigs, and Federal regulators, were total idiots from 2003-2007 and Mr. Market is still penalizing the bigs. Unfortunately, nobody can appropriately penalize the Federal regulators.

Unfortunately, nobody can appropriately penalize the Federal regulators.
    That’s why you should invest in Bitcoin.

Cool… sent you a PM. It’s not SPCE.
    The stock I’m buying and recommending is CUBI below $32. In a three year period (‘21-‘23), most predict CUBI will earn $22 of the $32.

Thoughts?

Alternative opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

Since two negatives make a positive, then do two wrongs make a right?

Ever wonder why we a forced to make investments and take risks with our money in the first place?

We can’t just save the dollar and have it maintain the value of the day we earn it.

Wouldn’t it be nice to just earn some money and have it keep its value?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Ever wonder why we a forced to make investments and take risks with our money in the first place?

We can’t just save the dollar and have it maintain the value of the day we earn it.

Hell no!

My money must work as hard for me as I did for it!

Isn’t rate of return somewhat proportional to risk?

Expected rate of return, not actual.

Wheat is taking very substantial crypto risk. He should expect a very substantial return. However, Wheat says he would be happy not losing purchasing power. That means Wheat is making a bad investment by taking on way too much risk for his desired return.

Sure.

But why should you have to take any risk if you only want to maintain the value you’ve earned?

Why can’t your money just hold its value?

Sure.

But why should you have to take any risk if you only want to maintain the value you’ve earned?

You believe you are not taking any risk with crypto/Bitcoin?

With all due respect, you might want to seek financial assistance from a professional.

You believe you are not taking any risk with crypto/Bitcoin?

With all due respect, you might want to seek financial assistance from a professional.
    Sure I am.

But answer my questions please.

If that’s your desire (it’s definitely not mine!), then you should not take any risk and accept the risk-free rate. Invest in Treasuries (such as iBonds).

Bitcoin/crypto are very risky and you should desire a very substantial risk premium. You are definitely utilizing the wrong financial product for your stated purpose.

IMO, with all due respect, you should seek professional help.

Sure.

Because Bitcoin doesn’t keep its value relative to anything other than other Bitcoin.

Year to date, BTC against the US Dollar:

52B38C68-88BD-46DF-B061-0B30642DC36B.jpg

Combine BTC’s 60%+ drop, plus inflation if you want to purchase anything, Bitcoin holders have lost a ton of value. No?

Expected rate of return, not actual.
    Yes, good clarification.

Because Bitcoin doesn’t keep its value relative to anything other than other Bitcoin.

Year to date, BTC against the US Dollar:

52B38C68-88BD-46DF-B061-0B30642DC36B.jpg

Combine BTC’s 60%+ drop, plus inflation if you want to purchase anything, Bitcoin holders have lost a ton of value. No?
    Not sure why you guys feel it’s necessary to deflect my questions towards Bitcoin.

We have a whole thread to discuss Bitcoin, if you want.

I’m simply asking these two simple questions that I can’t get an answer for…

Why should you have to take any risk if you only want to maintain the value you’ve earned?