Page 94 of 179 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 3567
    Another month, another automatic pre and post tax deposit into a basket of etfs.

Yawn. I need to take a swing at something.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Another month, another automatic pre and post tax deposit into a basket of etfs.

Exciting times around here. I just added international exposure to the kids 529 plans. They've gone too long with just the Vanguard Total Stock Market. I fell victim to chasing returns and recency bias.

Starting tomorrow they have Vanguard Total International Stock Market as well. 60/40 split.

Now if only my Thrift Savings Plan had a true international fund...

You'd be up nearly 3% in Abbott in what appears to be a downward trending tape at the moment. Or are you looking for a home run/strikeout scenario? My personal speculation there is RBLX $150 Jan 2023 call and I just saw strike 1 go by.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    You'd be up nearly 3% in Abbott in what appears to be a downward trending tape at the moment. Or are you looking for a home run/strikeout scenario? My personal speculation there is RBLX $150 Jan 2023 call and I just saw strike 1 go by.
    I’m a pretty vanilla investor. Do all the things I’m supposed to with the money I’m supposed to*. I do maintain a small actively traded portfolio for fun/speculation/daydreaming about bagging a unicorn.

*Generally speaking.

Go all in on AMC like my neighbor. He’s absolutely certain the stock will continue to rise until he gets out🔥🔥. His wife will cut if off if he loses the whole basket.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Go all in on AMC like my neighbor. He’s absolutely certain the stock will continue to rise until he gets out🔥🔥. His wife will cut if off if he loses the whole basket.
    How all in is all in?

How all in is all in?
    Considering that he’s currently unemployed/bored and wife working her butt off to stay afloat; any amount he plays with is too much. Probably only 10k or so, but he better not lose a nickel.

Considering that he’s currently unemployed/bored and wife working her butt off to stay afloat; any amount he plays with is too much. Probably only 10k or so, but he better not lose a nickel.
    Hah hah. He does not sound like a wise man!

She will cut what?

Quote Originally Posted by jacone21 View Post
    She will cut what?
    Meant to type “it off”. Interpret as you like.

Meant to type “it off”. Interpret as you like.
    Assuming you mean his mouse clicking finger since that’s what executed the trade!

Could be wrong.

ION, rate hikes coming our way in 2023.

Possibly. but I think it's premature to speculate (I know the Fed did exactly that). The pandemic has been going on for 15 months now and has affected almost every significant supply chain by this point. It's certainly caused some price pressure, but I'd make the following points:

1) Pandemics don't last forever. A year from now, if the pandemic has retreated substantially, the supply chains may well return to their previous equilibrium, meaning that price pressure might abate on it's own.
    2) It's far from clear that interest rate hikes are the appropriate tool to suppress inflation caused by supply chain disruption. In fact, it's arguable that the capital expenditures required to restructure these supply chains would be inhibited by rising interest rates. Not everything that looks like a nail needs hammering.

Howard

I hope everyone transitioned their portfolios from value focused stocks to growth prior to this week. For example, Nucor(NUE) has dropped 16% in the last 8 trading sessions. Nvidia(NVDA) is up 7% over that same time period.

Fed Governor Bullard suggested late 2022 timing for the first hikes with the asset purchases tapering sooner rather than later.

Been watching the first season of Industry on HBO. About a group of London banking interns trying to make the cut at a prestigious bank. Supposedly the language and finance is pretty on. Been enjoying it. Baseball bats feature prominently.

Been watching the first season of Industry on HBO. About a group of London banking interns trying to make the cut at a prestigious bank. Supposedly the language and finance is pretty on. Been enjoying it. Baseball bats feature prominently.
    yeah, it's a good show...captures a lot of the intensity in an over the top kind of way.

China's central bank urges financial institutions to crack down on cryptocurrencies

https://www.reuters.com/article/chin...-idUSB9N2NP015

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    China's central bank urges financial institutions to crack down on cryptocurrencies

https://www.reuters.com/article/chin...-idUSB9N2NP015
    They haven’t been doing well. Wheat may have to settle for one helicopter and not a battalion.

They haven’t been doing well. Wheat may have to settle for one helicopter and not a battalion.
    I’m not speculating, I’m in it for the long run because I believe in a fairer system of finance worldwide, so I bought more Bitcoin and Ethereum just this morning on the dip…

Seeing an authoritarianism government scared of decentralized currencies where value is in the hands of citizens not politicians and elitist institutions is encouraging to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    I’m not speculating, I’m in it for the long run because I believe in a fairer system of finance worldwide, so I bought more Bitcoin and Ethereum just this morning on the dip…

Seeing an authoritarianism government scared of decentralized currencies where value is in the hands of citizens not politicians and elitist institutions is encouraging to me.
    Hope it was clear I was just kidding around. I wish all the posters here great wealth, health and happiness.