Page 95 of 181 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 3602
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Hope it was clear I was just kidding around. I wish all the posters here great wealth, health and happiness.
    All good, i knew that🙂

This thread's posters might get a kick out of this. I was trying to remember why I recognized Carl Nassib, the Raiders player who came out yesterday. It's because he was on HBO's Hard Knocks a few seasons ago teaching his teammates a pretty funny lesson about compound interest...

His enthusiasm for the CI formula cracks me up.

The more I look into it, the more I see a real revolution coming in the finance world. I post this because I know there are still many people out there who are casually writing off Bitcoin, caught up in living day to day and not paying much attention.
    I hope my friends here take the time to do some digging and see for yourself what’s coming at us, and fast.
    I’ve been watching some podcasts of this kid, Jack Mallers who was the driving force behind El Salvador’s recent move to making Bitcoin legal tender in the country and the network that makes it all possible.

He gives me faith in the future of the world, and how people will deal with finance in the future.

4,300 going to fall.

4,300 going to fall.
    Huh?

4,300 going to fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Huh?
    S&P close to breaking 4,300.

Or, that’s how low Bitcoin is going this week.

Could be both.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    S&P close to breaking 4,300.

Or, that’s how low Bitcoin is going this week.

Could be both.
    Yes. Just an idle observation. It's already exceeded many of the pre-season rankings posted by the talking banking heads. I'd like to see it make a deep run in the post-season but I'm not sure how much I want to weight it in my brackets.

Fortunately or unfortunately, according to a persons viewpoint, Bitcoin blockchain technology is going to be disruptive to how we use the financial system. But one thing is for sure, things are changing fast.

Right now, not in the future, a US dollar can be sent to settle an account or gifted to a relative anywhere around the world in real time, and changed instantly into the local currency…..With No Fees!…using Bitcoin, the Lightning network, and the Strike app.

That was not possible six months ago. I find this stuff fascinating and still struggle with how to value all the change coming.

It's back. Krispy Kreme that is. Hopefully they found that warehouse full of donuts. They've probably spoiled by now.

Krispy Kreme roars in 2nd IPO, adds 23% as CEO sees 'transformed' company
    Brooke DiPalma·Associate Producer
    Thu, July 1, 2021, 3:28 PM

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/krisp...171630256.html

It's back. Krispy Kreme that is. Hopefully they found that warehouse full of donuts. They've probably spoiled by now.

Krispy Kreme roars in 2nd IPO, adds 23% as CEO sees 'transformed' company
    Brooke DiPalma·Associate Producer
    Thu, July 1, 2021, 3:28 PM

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/krisp...171630256.html
    If I recall, the last time around they reached a valuation that would have required every person on earth to eat several donuts a day for it to make sense.

A Krispy Kreme opened fairly close to me within the last year or so. The only time I've been was to get my free vaccination donut. It is very close to several Dunkin Donuts and I expect Dunkin Donuts to win. I like Krispy Kreme but I don't see this working out much better than last time.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    If I recall, the last time around they reached a valuation that would have required every person on earth to eat several donuts a day for it to make sense.

A Krispy Kreme opened fairly close to me within the last year or so. The only time I've been was to get my free vaccination donut. It is very close to several Dunkin Donuts and I expect Dunkin Donuts to win. I like Krispy Kreme but I don't see this working out much better than last time.
    Too bad. The thimble-ful of jelly and creme Dunkin throws at their airy tasteless pastries should be a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post

They also overbuilt "factory" stores. What they realized is that their factory stores could serve much larger areas than anticipated once they made some changes to optimize production and distribution. This caused them to spend way too much money on way to many store fronts and production capacity.

Been a while since we had a day like this but mama said…

but mama said…
    Knock you out?

Knock you out?
    I whip my hair back and forth?

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    They also overbuilt "factory" stores. What they realized is that their factory stores could serve much larger areas than anticipated once they made some changes to optimize production and distribution. This caused them to spend way too much money on way to many store fronts and production capacity.
    I remember right after they went public the first time being in Salt Lake City. It was winter. I went into a brand new KK in the morning and it had no business. I knew immediately they had over expanded in areas where stores would fail. KK is a southern institution where people like things ultra sweet. I confess that includes me a few times a year. Considering the product is exactly the same as it was decades ago why will it succeed on a large scale this time?

I've read some convincing analyses that say that Krispy missed the boat entirely...their foe Dunkin realized it ain't about the donuts, it's about the beverages.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMeDoIt View Post
    Considering the product is exactly the same as it was decades ago why will it succeed on a large scale this time?
    Blockchain, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMeDoIt View Post
    I remember right after they went public the first time being in Salt Lake City. It was winter. I went into a brand new KK in the morning and it had no business. I knew immediately they had over expanded in areas where stores would fail. KK is a southern institution where people like things ultra sweet. I confess that includes me a few times a year. Considering the product is exactly the same as it was decades ago why will it succeed on a large scale this time?
    Southern food has been having a cultural moment the last 3-5 years so maybe that will help?

They have a better product than Dunkin but Dunkin has a loyal coffee following.