Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    A lot of Sears properties are locally owned old strip centers, dead malls, not publicly traded companies.
    The mall with traditional anchors (e.g. Sears) approach, so widespread for decades, is largely going kaput.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    The mall with traditional anchors (e.g. Sears) approach, so widespread for decades, is largely going kaput.
    Yeah, so so malls are getting killed by mega malls to a degree, but mostly, the "power strip" centers, not to mention online. In NC for instance, the now sleepy malls in New Bern, Goldsboro, etc, are dying a slow ugly death. Malls and shopping centers are now more dependent on ever for tenants who cannot be replaced online (restaurants, dentists, vets, chiro and massage,non-affiliated churches, etc)

It wasn't that long ago that a restaurant, other than some fast foods, in a shopping center was kind of odd.(NOTE: I owned a business where retailers were my customers for 20 plus years...I saw a lot of change).
    Race Bannon can drive ANYTHING!
    --and did you know Tim Matheson broke into show biz as voice of young Johnny Quest?

Added a Disney (DIS) starter position yesterday and went big on DowDuPont (DWDP) and AT&T (T). My heavy heavy bias to large cap tech which has served me well this year is no longer.

I'm probably being petty in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Added a Disney (DIS) starter position yesterday and went big on DowDuPont (DWDP) and AT&T (T). My heavy heavy bias to large cap tech which has served me well this year is no longer.
    Should have gone home on DWDP.

I'm probably being petty in another thread.