Page 101 of 181 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 3602
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Yeah, I just don’t see it. Pretty soon every automaker will have electric vehicles and then eventually they will all have autonomous driving. So Tesla will be right in the mix with everyone else. The f-150 lighting, as an example, will crush the cyber truck. I just don’t see how people can speculate that Tesla is worth so much more. The playing field has been pretty equal in the automotive industry for a long time.
    Yes but will Ford's CEO name his son X Æ A-12? Or call an underwater rescue consultant who helped save 12 teen boys "pedo-guy"? I didn't think so. It's not his fault that the lamestream financial media can't see the value added by these bold and completely stable moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Yes but will Ford's CEO name his son X Æ A-12? Or call an underwater rescue consultant who helped save 12 teen boys "pedo-guy"? I didn't think so. It's not his fault that the lamestream financial media can't see the value added by these bold and completely stable moves.
    Wait, what is that second part about?!?

The pedo part? Musk inexplicably called one of the rescuers trying to save those Thai divers a few years back a pedophile. Probably ruined the guys life and I never heard if there was any real reason or not.

As weird as it may sound, it’s one of the main reasons I won’t get a Tesla. They are great cars it seems, but Musk has too many screws loose and has gotten too powerful for my liking given his unpredictability and lack of remorse. His words now can move entire markets (ie what he did to Bitcoin) but he doesn’t show any restraint or concern for how it affects others. I truly believe the guy is a sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    The pedo part? Musk inexplicably called one of the rescuers trying to save those Thai divers a few years back a pedophile. Probably ruined the guys life and I never heard if there was any real reason or not.

As weird as it may sound, it’s one of the main reasons I won’t get a Tesla. They are great cars it seems, but Musk has too many screws loose and has gotten too powerful for my liking given his unpredictability and lack of remorse. His words now can move entire markets (ie what he did to Bitcoin) but he doesn’t show any restraint or concern for how it affects others. I truly believe the guy is a sociopath.
    Thanks. I was not aware of the Thai cave diver thing. What a weird thing for him to get involved in.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Thanks. I was not aware of the Thai cave diver thing. What a weird thing for him to get involved in.
    Musk thought he had a solution for the rescue, and wasn't happy when it wasn't used. He lashed out.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Are you my wife? She's has the same argument against Tesla. Thinks Musk has a case of the nutters.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Musk thought he had a solution for the rescue, and wasn't happy when it wasn't used. He lashed out.

-jk
    And if I remember correctly, experts said his solution was completely wrong. Probably a main reason for the lash out. People like him don’t really like being told they are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    And if I remember correctly, experts said his solution was completely wrong. Probably a main reason for the lash out. People like him don’t really like being told they are wrong.
    The last few posts make him sound like a 21st century presidential candidate, except I don’t think the birthers will have to work to hard to prove he wasn’t born here.

It's not unusual for a very very smart guy to be partially off his rocker...he's done an amazing thing with Tesla, no question, but it will be fascinating to see how he fares if and when the major automakers start producing competitive products.
    Last I saw, the P/E ratio was well over 100, which is a bit rich.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    The last few posts make him sound like a 21st century presidential candidate, except I don’t think the birthers will have to work to hard to prove he wasn’t born here.
    Elon Musk was born a Canadian citizen, should we hold that against him? That could be what's wrong with him.

------------

As for birthers, Obama is a Keynesian and I can prove it!

This being an investment/economic thread, I assume that's ok to mention that somewhat random fact?

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Elon Musk was born a Canadian citizen, should we hold that against him? That could be what's wrong with him.

------------

This being an investment/economic thread, I assume that's ok to mention that somewhat random fact?
    Hah hah. I thought it was funny.

Yes. It was a real Laffer.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Poor Marx for that one.

Fewer laughs when Musk cuts off your poutine and maple syrup supply.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Poor Marx for that one.
    The joke Mises a bit. My apologies.

The joke Mises a bit. My apologies.
    Leave it to the Wolfpack fan to be a Stiglitz in the mud.

------------

He was born and raised in South Africa. He claims Canadian citizenship from his mom. His father was South African and made a fortune from emerald mines. I do dislike the man and would not buy a Tesla or a Solar City roof or a Starlink internet dish because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    This thread has taken a big curve from its main topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    He was born and raised in South Africa. He claims Canadian citizenship from his mom. His father was South African and made a fortune from emerald mines. I do dislike the man and would not buy a Tesla or a Solar City roof or a Starlink internet dish because of that.

This thread has taken a big curve from its main topic.
    It'll trickle down to normalcy eventually.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    It'll trickle down to normalcy eventually.
    Some voodoo might speed that up.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Some voodoo might speed that up.
    That comment was Laissez-but-fair!