Page 148 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 3625
    Just saw Binance got hacked and is missing some tokens. I am so shocked this could happen.

Eventually

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I am uneducated when it comes things like this, is there a Situation that could force Blackstone to sell their property?
    The redemption limit is 2% per month, I believe. They should not have to quickly do a fire sale of properties.

Quote Originally Posted by davec View Post
    The redemption limit is 2% per month, I believe. They should not have to quickly do a fire sale of properties.
    Yeah, they sold their stake in the MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay to free up cash and help with liquidity. I'm wondering if this is a canary in the coal mine thing.

That's the $64,000 question

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Yeah, they sold their stake in the MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay to free up cash and help with liquidity. I'm wondering if this is a canary in the coal mine thing.
    If real estate does start to struggle, it's entirely possible. I also wonder if the lack of liquidity this month at BREIT will encourage more investors to sell. Could become a vicious spiral. Should be interesting to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Sam Bankman-Fried has allegedly run a Ponzi exchange at a level of theft comparable to Bernie Madoff and Enron. Billions lost.

Thousands of US retail investors have lost millions of dollars.

Two weeks after the collapse of FTX, no arrests, and he confirms today he will speak at a New York Times event next week with Janet Yellen, among others.

How is this possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    A lot of people lost a lot of investment money on the FTX exchange collapse. I’m confident there are very likely some reading this thread who were victims.

We don’t have a “crypto” thread to discuss this alleged investment fraud or else I would ask the question there.

Where is some accountability?
    Wheat, I believe one thing we can actually agree on is that SBF was very likely running a fraud and should be held to account. As discussed previously the when/how on that is still being played out, but unlikely to be ignored.
    Since many (too many, IMO) media outlets seem to be accepting a narrative of "he made some big mistakes and is sorry" and "things got out of hand but it was just an accident", thought you might appreciate this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfmBdKoqq1o

Coffeezilla - I Accidentally Interviewed SBF And He Hated It
    A text without a context is a pretext.

Proud stockholder!

During tonight’s game, I paid a lot of attention to everything mentioned about the V Foundation. IMO, it’s all extremely impressive! Since 1993, the V Foundation has funded more than $310 million in cancer research grants.

I’m very proud to state BMY is one of my four largest stock holdings. I originally owned an equivalent amount of CELG since ~ 2010. Revlimid saved my good friends life shortly after FDA approval. Tonight, BMY donated over $1.5 million to the V Foundation. IMO, much more impressive is the amount BMY spends on R&D (mostly for cancer).

2021 - $11.35 Billion
    2020 - $11.14 Billion
    2019 - $6.15 Billion
    2018 - $6.33 Billion
    2017 - $6.47 Billion
    2016 - $5.01 Billion
    2015 - $5.92 Billion

Binance briefly halted withdrawals of USDC stablecoin after customers withdrew over $2 billion worth of crypto yesterday.

In better news, I have added to my Bored Ape NFT collection at some bargain prices.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Binance briefly halted withdrawals of USDC stablecoin after customers withdrew over $2 billion worth of crypto yesterday.

In better news, I have added to my Bored Ape NFT collection at some bargain prices.
    I think this is a joke, but the Bored Ape NFTs are like each $100k and up...yowsa!

Except for when somebody accidentally put one up for sale for $3000 instead of $300,000. They noticed it IMMEDIATELY, but somebody had a bot searching that snatched it up, even paying an extra $34k to make the transaction go extra fast so the person selling couldn't fix it before it sold... Oops.
    https://www.cnet.com/culture/how-a-3...y-sold-for-3k/

I still don't fully understand...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I think this is a joke, but the Bored Ape NFTs are like each $100k and up...yowsa!
    Well, a bargain compared to initial prices.

https://news.artnet.com/market/justin-biebers-bored-ape-value-plunges-2213196

Justin Bieber’s $1.3 Million Bored Ape Plunges in Value to Just $70,000 as NFT Prices Continue Their Free Fall….

The whole collection has a taken hit as of late. Yahoo Finance noted this week that BAYC’s floor price has fallen about a third since just the beginning of November, dipping below $60,000 for the second time this month on Monday, after peaking at $429,000 in April.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Well, a bargain compared to initial prices.

https://news.artnet.com/market/justi...lunges-2213196
    I can print that out for under a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post

Except for when somebody accidentally put one up for sale for $3000 instead of $300,000. They noticed it IMMEDIATELY, but somebody had a bot searching that snatched it up, even paying an extra $34k to make the transaction go extra fast so the person selling couldn't fix it before it sold... Oops.
    https://www.cnet.com/culture/how-a-3...y-sold-for-3k/

I still don't fully understand...
    I think the difference between investing in tulip bulbs and NFTs is that in the spring you can get flowers from tulip bulbs.

I think the difference between investing in tulip bulbs and NFTs is that in the spring you can get flowers from tulip bulbs.
    Clearly you have not seen how sweet those bored apes are!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Clearly you have not seen how sweet those bored apes are!
    And they have a Yacht Club! How fun!

Unfortunately those tulip sellers didn't have the power of "smart" "contracts"*, bots and flash loans in order to help collusion and wash trading.

* each gets its own quotation marks because they're neither smart nor contracts.
    A text without a context is a pretext.

I NEVER thought I would see this but Coinbase has an ad out that focuses on the fact that it is public and therefore has regular audits.

Accountants everywhere are dropping their pants around their ankles and shouting, "See, I matter, too!"

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I NEVER thought I would see this but Coinbase has an ad out that focuses on the fact that it is public and therefore has regular audits.

Accountants everywhere are dropping their pants around their ankles and shouting, "See, I matter, too!"
    I certainly depend on independent audited financial statements for public equity decisions. Don’t you?
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 12-13-2022 at 11:35 PM. Reason: add “independent” which, IMO, is critical

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I certainly depend on independent audited financial statements for public equity decisions. Don’t you?
    Absolutely I do. My point was that you don’t typically see that as a consumer ad strategy but Coinbase felt it necessary to try to disassociate itself from crypto chicanery by leaning into the fact it is independently audited. I find that amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Unless they used Arthur Anderson.

Who from DBR is first in line as an early adopter?
    Let's go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Who from DBR is first in line as an early adopter?
    Yet more Bored Ape Yacht Club variants….

How is this different than a NFT? (Or is it?)