So, obviously, take my thoughts in this thread with a grain of salt...I’m just an old fishing guide and small business owner with no financial planning education beyond the School of Hard Knocks over six decades.

Late January I told my financial advisor to get my retirement portfolio into more conservative investments to prepare for what I believe is coming inflation and a substantial market correction. I’ve missed out on a strong past couple of months for sure, but I’ve never been good at timing markets and the great annual gains I’ve had the past few years of about 18% when we took a more aggressive approach are now theoretically in a safer place. It’s all in pretty standard, boring stuff, but I’m comfortable now since my risk is minimized somewhat.

All that said, for fun and a challenge, I’ve been researching all things crypto the last couple of months to try and educate myself on a just what is going on in that space and started to make some small investments. Putting just enough money in to keep it interesting, but with the understanding that it could all go away, too.

Now, I have a Trust wallet that holds my Bitcoin,(hodling) and accounts on Gemini, Coinbase and Binance. Have a good laugh, but I’ve learned most everything I know now on YouTube along with google searches every time I came across a term I didn’t know, which was all the time.

There are a lot of Youtuber’s to avoid that are just shills or wannabe influencers. You’ll know them when you see them and just move along.

One channel I like that’s a little entertaining but also provides solid, up to date perspectives and in depth info on almost everything crypto is Coin Bureau.
I’ve also learned a lot by watching MIT OpenCourseWare classes on YouTube to learn about Blockchain, Smart Contracts, DApps..etc.

My “crypto portfolio” now includes:

Ethereum 50%
Bitcoin 30%
Chainlink 10%
Compound 5%
Kyber Networks 2.5%
Ren 2.5%

I won’t get into why I chose to invest in those assets unless somebody cares.

There’s a wave coming with these digital currencies and assets and I’m determined not to miss it, but seems it’s a guessing game on who and what’s going to survive- just like the early days of the internet was when AOL, Netscape, Yahoo ended up getting crushed by a little bookstore like Amazon and a company with a silly name like Google.

I haven’t read all this thread, just the past few pages. So apologies if I’ve missed a lot of discussion on crypto stuff.

Anybody that’s got some crypto insight, I’m interested.