Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I went 2-0 on O/U bets today winning 1000 fake dollars. My last 500 fake dollars bet for today is on Duke to cover the 12.5 points spread.
    Bob Green

I took State and the over fully believing that Duke would win by 12 or less.

Winning both bets is hollow victory.

Not sure kg3 got the memo on ACC games only.

kg3 picked 20 games today...all out of the ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post

Ha. THAT is the only way someone will catch you this week.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post

I just realized I made a mistake when setting up the contest and it is open to anyone in the public who wants to join. Ugh...

This kg3 person is probably not a Dukie or a member of the DBR forums. There is no mechanism for kicking him out of the contest that I am aware of, nor is there any way to even email him, though I will contact Covers to see if they can help. We may just have to endure him as an interloper in our little game.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I just realized I made a mistake when setting up the contest and it is open to anyone in the public who wants to join. Ugh...

This kg3 person is probably not a Dukie or a member of the DBR forums. There is no mechanism for kicking him out of the contest that I am aware of, nor is there any way to even email him, though I will contact Covers to see if they can help. We may just have to endure him as an interloper in our little game.
    How about we use the first week as a "practice," close out that contest, and set up a new, private DBR contest starting this week?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    How about we use the first week as a "practice," close out that contest, and set up a new, private DBR contest starting this week?
    Not really fair to the folks who have established a nice lead. It only looks like there is 1, maybe 2, people in the contest who are not DBR regulars (anyone know who BillK is?) so I suspect it won't really matter to the rest of us.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Hey..., I resemble that remark

Not really fair to the folks who have established a nice lead. It only looks like there is 1, maybe 2, people in the contest who are not DBR regulars (anyone know who BillK is?) so I suspect it won't really matter to the rest of us.
    After entering the pre-ACC contest late, and immediately plummeting into last place, I am sitting pretty (for me, anyway) in 2nd place. In fact, had NYBri not bet on the Wolfies and me the Devils, I'd be in first. Regardless, whatever you think you need to do to fix it is fine by me.

By the way Jason, looks like kg3 (or whoever it was) is gone now. And not sure who BillK is, but he did at least bet on a true ACC game.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    By the way Jason, looks like kg3 (or whoever it was) is gone now. And not sure who BillK is, but he did at least bet on a true ACC game.
    I asked Covers to deal with it and they removed him. Good customer service there.

That's me

The over/under on Syracuse v UVA is at 113.5. Hmmm. Go over, or go under?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    It's all the way up to 114 now...so, that makes the decision easier*. Until the 'Hoos hit a single under, I'm tempted to keep riding the streak.

*sarcasm emoji
    Last edited by English; 01-09-2018 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Can't forget to include the overt sarcasm warning

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    It's all the way up to 114 now...so, that makes the decision easier*. Until the 'Hoos hit a single under, I'm tempted to keep riding the streak.

*sarcasm emoji
    As my Syracuse friend recently pointed out, the Orange have no "O" and the Devils have no "D". Against UVA I'm going with the under.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

*sarcasm emoji
    Yikes, where's my head today...of course, I meant "Until the 'Hoos hit a single OVER, I'm tempted to keep riding the streak."

Yikes, where's my head today...of course, I meant "Until the 'Hoos hit a single OVER, I'm tempted to keep riding the streak."
    Everyone is going under... so I went over. May be the first time I have ever bet UVA and the over.

Also, it is not like UVA always hits the under. This season, they have hit the over 3 times in 12 games that had an O/U.

82% of the experts are taking the under. Yikes, that’s heavy.

82% of the experts are taking the under. Yikes, that’s heavy.
    And yet... the over made it. Told ya.

I hit both of my O/U bets yesterday but failed on both of my line bets. Sigh... I'm lousy at picking winners, great at picking O/U.

Duke is now -20 at Pitt tonight. According to Veg Ins and CBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Duke is now -20 at Pitt tonight. According to Veg Ins and CBS.
    Wow, it was 18 earlier today and gone up 2 points? Somebody's expecting a different Duke team tonight! Tough to not back Pitt after seeing Duke play defense against State. However, I bet fairly often (mostly football) and when a Vegas line looks like they know something that we don't, they're usually right! Duke by 22.

Jason (or anyone) - it's not liking the password "GoDuke" to join the contest.

Did it expire or change? I'd like to hop in now that I'm back on a normal schedule.

- Chillin