Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Ahh, I just noticed that when covers kicked that one guy out, they added a password. It is: Password10
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Bump

I’ve clawed my way out of last place ... all the way to 19!

I am at -650 so my first objective is to get back into the black. I took the over (164) in the Duke vs Wake game for 500 and I placed four additional 200 bets picking the winner of games. So I've got 1300 riding on today's action.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I took the over (164) in the Duke vs Wake game for 500...
    160 total points scored so I'm a loser. It looked like we were going to get there until both teams couldn't buy a basket the last two minutes of the game.
    Bob Green

Someone had a good week, thank you very much! Hope I didn't just jinx tomorrow night.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Bump.

We need more players!!!!

There I go betting with my heart and not my head again...took the juicy points hanging out there like a fat worm on a hook, going with the Tigers instead of the smart, sure thing bet with those that choose to defy the rules. Also, when will I learn not to go with a gut feeling on an away conference game this season?! C'mon, man, home games are easy money!

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    There I go betting with my heart and not my head again...took the juicy points hanging out there like a fat worm on a hook, going with the Tigers...
    You were not the Lone Ranger. At least the Over hit. I've almost climbed out of the Red and into the Black. Almost.
    Bob Green

And the OU number on the Ga Tech UVA game tonight is 116.5, an insanely low number. A week or so ago the UVA-Syracuse game had a number of 114 (they easily hit the over, scoring combined 129 points). Still, I bet the under. I might be crazy.

I know Bob Green took the over. Anyone else dare to pick this one?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I went to make my picks fully intending to take the under but 116.5 was just too low for me so I went with the over. GT has played better in recent games so I hope they continue that trend tonight to push the points in game high enough to go over.
    Bob Green

10 minutes in and the score is 11-4, Virginia. The two teams are on a 60 point pace. Wow...

10 minutes in and the score is 11-4, Virginia. The two teams are on a 60 point pace. Wow...

Good thing that shot clock rule went into effect, what a quarter century ago...

And the OU number on the Ga Tech UVA game tonight is 116.5, an insanely low number. A week or so ago the UVA-Syracuse game had a number of 114 (they easily hit the over, scoring combined 129 points). Still, I bet the under. I might be crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I went to make my picks fully intending to take the under but 116.5 was just too low for me so I went with the over. GT has played better in recent games so I hope they continue that trend tonight to push the points in game high enough to go over.
    And the under takes the money.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    And the under takes the money.
    I’m thinking there is no under too low for UVA.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    I’m thinking there is no under too low for UVA.
    Not only are you thinking it, you are betting it. What was that, another 2,000 points tonight?

I am 9-1 in my last 10; 15-5 in my last 20, and losing ground to you every night the ACC plays. VERY impressive, NYBri.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    Not only are you thinking it, you are betting it. What was that, another 2,000 points tonight?

I am 9-1 in my last 10; 15-5 in my last 20, and losing ground to you every night the ACC plays. VERY impressive, NYBri.
    Your winning % is what is impressive. Consistency is hard. A week ago last Wednesday, I thought I made 8 good picks, went 1-7 and dropped 3250 points.

Wow, just when I was starting to feel good about getting back in the black, I look up to see everyone else sprinting well ahead. Maybe taking UVa unders isn't my secret strategy to climbing the standings, after all.

I'm still in the Red at -390 so my goal for this weekend is to win some fake dollars and get back on the positive side of the ledger. This contest is really enjoyable as it allows me to be passionate about games I normally wouldn't give a hoot about...

FSU at Virginia Tech is the definition of a toss up game so I'm going with the Hokies (I just threw up) because they are at home.

While I'm not sure Georgia Tech can actually pull off the upset in Chapel Hill, I am optimistic they can beat the spread.

The over/under numbers are not yet posted but my intention is to take a hard look at them and place bets accordingly.
    Bob Green

28.5 is a ton of points to give to any team in ACC play. Avoiding the winner in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    28.5 is a ton of points to give to any team in ACC play. Avoiding the winner in that one.
    Up to 29.5 just now. I’m still taking Duke.