View Poll Results: Which of these teams make the NCAA tourney?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Virginia

47 100.00%
  • Clemson

47 100.00%
  • Duke

47 100.00%
  • Louisville

41 87.23%
  • North Carolina

47 100.00%
  • Miami

46 97.87%
  • Virginia Tech

42 89.36%
  • Syracuse

9 19.15%
  • North Carolina St

37 78.72%
  • Florida St

30 63.83%
  • Notre Dame

10 21.28%
  • Boston College

3 6.38%
  • Georgia Tech

0 0%
  • Wake Forest

0 0%
  • Pittsburgh

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Predict exactly which ACC teams will make the NCAA tournament

Polls generally are underused on DBR, imo. Here's one that might be interesting.

Use the poll, and then if you have commentary, post that in the thread. Is the conference going to have double-digit bids this season?

If you pick the ACC's contingent exactly, much praise will be heaped upon you in March.

If you miss even one team, you are a LOSER.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Polls generally are underused on DBR, imo. Here's one that might be interesting.

Use the poll, and then if you have commentary, post that in the thread. Is the conference going to have double-digit bids this season?

If you pick the ACC's contingent exactly, much praise will be heaped upon you in March.

If you miss even one team, you are a LOSER.
    Gonna be tough. I don't see the poll.

ETA: I think I clicked too soon. Nevermind.

8 teams

Virginia, Duke, Clemson, and UNC are locks.

Four others should be in: VT (winning record, beat the best team in the country on their floor), NC State (3 incredible wins), Lousiville (they'll get in. Too much talent + winning record), and Miami (great non-conference, winning record in the ACC).
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I think 9 or 10 get in:

UVa, Duke, Clemson, UNC, Miami, and 4 of Va Tech, FSU, Louisville, Syracuse, and NC State. Notre Dame could get into the mix if Colson returns for the ACC tournament and Notre Dame makes a run.

Will wait until closer to the deadline before deciding as lots of the bubble teams still play each other.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Virginia, Duke, Clemson, and UNC are locks.

Four others should be in: VT (winning record, beat the best team in the country on their floor), NC State (3 incredible wins), Lousiville (they'll get in. Too much talent + winning record), and Miami (great non-conference, winning record in the ACC).
    This is exactly what I thought, and exactly the teams I chose.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I think 9 or 10 get in:

UVa, Duke, Clemson, UNC, Miami, and 4 of Va Tech, FSU, Louisville, Syracuse, and NC State. Notre Dame could get into the mix if Colson returns for the ACC tournament and Notre Dame makes a run.

Will wait until closer to the deadline before deciding as lots of the bubble teams still play each other.
    That's cheating :-)

Make impulsive picks now.

Can a mod change the deadline to Friday? Thanks.

I'm leaving out Louisville.

They have ONE top 50 win...@ #44 FSU back in early Januarly.

Their best two chances for more wins are @VT and @State, both of which I like in some home cooking. The Duke game is in Cameron, so that's a W for Duke. UofL has shown me nothing to think they can beat UVa...that's leaves the Cheaters and the Cheats. I hate to predict any sort of success for Carolina, but since the Cardinals have a better academic reputation than the Tarheels I'll give the edge to the team that is willing to completely sell out their soul and reputation to win games.

If the Cards drop the next 5 games and a grand total of one win against the Top 50, I don't think the selection comittee will shown them any mercy. They'd rather have an NC State or VT who have shown they can beat Top 10 teams on more than one occassion. Granted, both State and VT have more work to do (State more than VT), but W's over UofL would go a long way toward punching their ticket.

That's cheating :-)

Make impulsive picks now.

Can a mod change the deadline to Friday? Thanks.
    Does this make CDu a double-LOSER if he gets the choices wrong
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I picked UVA, Duke, Clemson, Louisville, Miami, UNC, VT, FSU not in that order. I used RPI Forecast/Sagarin.

I don't think criteria will change much with the addition of Pomeroy et al. Barring exceptional circumstances, you still need 9-9 in the ACC, <14 losses, and have an RPI < 50. Some teams that I think will be out barring an ACC Tournament run:

Syracuse: Projected 8-10 and RPI in 40's. They lack quality wins to overcome 8-10.
    ND: Project 8-10 and RPI in 60's. They might get First Four because of the injuries if they can win 2 in the ACC tournament.
    NCSU: Projected 9-9 and RPI in 80's. Despite 4-5 against RPI Top 25, the numbers here are bad in RPI and Pomeroy.

I suck at these things. It is like filling out brackets.

I always pick Duke, and will never pick unc. NEVER.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Does this make CDu a double-LOSER if he gets the choices wrong
    My wife would argue that this is true regardless of my picks. My son (just 3) would argue the opposite. Obviously, I favor my son's judgement (as of now at least) of the two.

If you end up winning this contest, let us know. (Did I mention I wasn't going to tally this stuff?)

Anyway, if Louisville is out of the tourney as is the expectation right now, then 41 out of 47 players will already be LOSERS. I wonder if anyone will have gotten 8 for 8 correct (again, assuming no surprises).

Virginia
    Clemson
    Duke
    North Carolina
    Miami
    Virginia Tech
    North Carolina St
    Florida St

EDIT: Oops...didn’t realize this poll was so old.

If you end up winning this contest, let us know. (Did I mention I wasn't going to tally this stuff?)

Anyway, if Louisville is out of the tourney as is the expectation right now, then 41 out of 47 players will already be LOSERS. I wonder if anyone will have gotten 8 for 8 correct (again, assuming no surprises).
    I am only sweating about Louisville. I think my others are solid. And yes, I did end up making my picks withina couple days of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Virginia
    Clemson
    Duke
    North Carolina
    Miami
    Virginia Tech
    North Carolina St
    Florida St
    Pretty sure your entry is a bit late, lol.

I am only sweating about Louisville. I think my others are solid. And yes, I did end up making my picks withina couple days of your post.
    Yep, that unbelievably improbable finish to the Louisville UVA game will also cost them an NCAA tourney bid.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Yep, that unbelievably improbable finish to the Louisville UVA game will also cost them an NCAA tourney bid.
    Yeah, I will be annoyed if that ending is what costs me 100% on this.

Yeah, I will be annoyed if that ending is what costs me 100% on this.
    We'll be annoyed. But David Padgett will need therapy.

Everyone was a LOSER.

The least loser-ish predictors (even though they are still LOSERs) were arguably tbyers11 and PackMan97.

tbyers got Louisville being out correct but couldn't quite predict that Syracuse would be in.

PackMan97 got both Louisville out and Syracuse in correct but omitted FSU from the tourney.

Better luck next year, forum.

PackMan97 got both Louisville out and Syracuse in correct but omitted FSU from the tourney.
    I didn't see FSU beatin Clemson...curses!