Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Up to 29.5 just now. I’m still taking Duke.
    Games where there's such a huge disparity in talent scare me. Usually the intensity of the game ebbs somewhere mid second half because one team is so far ahead they turn it over to the second-teamers who are told to "run the offense" and the other team is so hopelessly far behind that they quit trying. As a result the game "compresses" into a game with narrower margins and there's no crush of points at the end that comes from late-game fouling to try to catch up. To hit the over and the spread Duke is going to have to put up at least 93, because you have to assume Pitt is going to manage 60 at best. That's a lot, even for Duke. So the bettor's logic is to take Pitt and the under.

Naturally I took the over.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 01-20-2018 at 01:24 PM.

FSU-Va Tech game is one of those that would drive you crazy if you bet the under. The number was 161.5 and with 10 minutes to go the total is 112 (145 point pace). You are feeling pretty good. With 5 minutes left, they are at exactly 130, which is 146 point pace. With 1 minute left, the score is 77-70 and unless there are 15 points scored in the final minute, you've got this in the bag. The whole second half has been on mid-140s point pace. Why should that change now? You've even got some room for the late game fouls to boost the total a bit with no time coming off the clock.

Then, a combination of fouls and hot scoring by Va Tech allows the 2 teams to score a combined 26 points in the final minute. That's a point almost every other second! Crazy!!! Not only does the under not win, it isn't even close. The total ends up at 173 and folks who did not watch the game probably think the over was never in danger.

-Jason "and that is why being a gambler is insane... oh, I bet the over " Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I am in the Black at +560.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I am in the Black at +560.
    Good job. I am back in the red. Tough day on the o/u.

Hmmm, I'm sensing UVA and under is pretty popular today for the remaining game...

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Hmmm, I'm sensing UVA and under is pretty popular today for the remaining game...
    I won with the Over in the Miami at State game, but am definitely taking the Under with Virginia.
    Bob Green

The Under is looking good at the half: Wake 24, Virginia 22. This game is on pace to score 92 total points.
    Bob Green

Weekly winner, chicken dinner!! Here are the weekly standings:

So, I got a question for all of you... I'm betting the Duke Virginia line next weekend is Duke by 4 (Cameron advantage!!) and the number will be probably around 130. So, are ya'l gonna jump all over the under if it is 130?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Weekly winner, chicken dinner!! Here are the weekly standings:

So, I got a question for all of you... I'm betting the Duke Virginia line next weekend is Duke by 4 (Cameron advantage!!) and the number will be probably around 130. So, are ya'l gonna jump all over the under if it is 130?
    I would bet the over (meaning you should probably jump on that under!)

I think Duke can put up some points, especially in Cameron, on any defense including UVA. Grayson is due for 40.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I would bet the over (meaning you should probably jump on that under!)

I think Duke can put up some points, especially in Cameron, on any defense including UVA. Grayson is due for 40.
    I don’t think they can match up with Bagley either.

Death, taxes, UVa under. Book it. Still taking Duke -4 at CIS, though.

So, are ya'l gonna jump all over the under if it is 130?
    When is the last time Duke and Virginia combined for more than 130? Not 2017 (120) or 2016 (125), it was January 31, 2015 when Duke beat Virginia 69-63. I'm most likely going to be a chicken and avoid the Under/Over bet altogether.
    Bob Green

Bump ... four games tonight. O/U is not posted yet.

The Under (136.5) seems solid to me in the Duke UVa game as I expect a game played in the low sixties...first team to 65 wins. State is getting 12.5 points against Carolina so I'm gambling the Wolfpack covers. Betting on State is definitely gambling.

I'm going to see how these early game bets go before placing wagers on the later games, but I am leaning toward taking VT over ND as the Irish injuries are daunting.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    The Under (136.5) seems solid to me in the Duke UVa game as I expect a game played in the low sixties...first team to 65 wins. State is getting 12.5 points against Carolina so I'm gambling the Wolfpack covers. Betting on State is definitely gambling.

I'm going to see how these early game bets go before placing wagers on the later games, but I am leaning toward taking VT over ND as the Irish injuries are daunting.
    Perhaps foolishly, I took the over. Betting our offense can score.

Geez, NYBri, I'm going to start to think you have real skill at this if you toast us for a second year in a row.

Geez, NYBri, I'm going to start to think you have real skill at this if you toast us for a second year in a row.
    Llllllooooooooonnnnnnnggggggg way to go, and what goes up can easily come down.

Yesterday, I went 8-2 and two weeks ago I went 1-7...so, who knows?

NYBri has now won 2 of the 4 weeks of the contest. Really impressive.

Capture.PNG

-Jason "meanwhile, the Blue Devils are giving 14.5 tonight... that's a biiiig number. I'm afraid of it" Evans

Some Numbers

#1 O/U picks
    #2 ATS
    7-2-1
    14-5-1

Wow. Just wow. Impressive. And another 1,000 tonight.

Lot of games tonight with some tough picks. Tough to go against the Under in a Virginia game.