Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 186
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!

    ACC Picking Contest - Degenerate Gamblers allowed!!

    Ok, I finally got off my butt and started the picking contest for the ACC regular season. Just go to this link to sign up: https://contests.covers.com/OfficePo...2-a85c00dbcc0f

    It is possible it will ask you for a password. If it does, the password is: GoDuke

    You all should know the rules, but if you do not...

    You make picks (spread or O/U) on any game involving any ACC team (even a game against a non-conference opponent). There will be games listed that do not involve ACC teams but please, DO NOT PICK THOSE GAMES!! If you pick a game that does not involve at least 1 ACC team, you will be penalized the amount you wagered by being forced to bet and lose the amount you wagered. This can be a difficult process as intentionally losing is not easy when it comes to Vegas spreads and numbers.

    You can make any wager between 100 and 500 units and can make as many as 20 wagers per day. You are being given 5000 virtual units to spend so if you find you have lost more than 5000 units, you are done and cannot make any more wagers.

    The contest starts right away -- with the Pitt (+17.5) - Louisville (OU 137) game tonight. It will end with the conclusion of the ACC tournament.

    Who won this contest last year? Anyone recall? I know who won the ACC pre-season contest... ME!!

    -Jason "if you have any questions or concerns, let me know!" Evans
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  2. #2
    Bump. It's a new contest, starting from scratch.

    And a big day of ACC games tomorrow.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Yikes! Iím in last place, deep in the hole.

    How does Notre Dame do without Bonzi?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Yikes! I’m in last place, deep in the hole.

    How does Notre Dame do without Bonzi?
    They are really, really good without Bonzie. You should definitely take them.

    - Chillin

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    FSU 81, Carolina 80 failed to go over 164 so I'm in the red. It isn't a good omen to lose the first bet of the contest.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rougemont Nebulae
    Dante's abstraction of Hell left out the level where all things related to NC State basketball are consigned. Bet against the natural laws of the universe not just at your peril but at the risk of eternal damnation. Well at least the centrifugal force is always changing.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 01-04-2018 at 08:47 AM. Reason: ...State basketball on the other hand is a persistent mess.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    They are really, really good without Bonzie. You should definitely take them.

    - Chillin
    Thanks for the tip! LOL

    If FSU could hit just 1 of 4 free throws...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NC Raised, DC Resident
    A couple of notes from my first big night of ACC wagers:

    • Death, taxes, UVA hoops UNDER
    • I love watching unx lose under any circumstance, but FSU missed four straight free throws and had one egregious cross-court floating pass turnover to miss covering by one point...it even looked like a perfect backdoor cover when Pinson fouled with 1.x seconds left with FSU up 1 and in the double bonus AND THE SHOOTER MISSED BOTH AGAIN! (yes, salty about the push on that one)
    • Clemson up 18pts on BC and missing the cover of 5.5 was also unfortunate for me, but not nearly unexpected...as soon as I saw the Tigers up 18pts with plenty of time left, I had a premonition that they'd fall asleep at the wheel and make it a game
    • Um, who's job was it to let the Miami team know they had a game?
    • The phenomenon of losing a key player and the balance of the team rallying was in full force for the Irish. Well, either that or NCSU is in real trouble of being dreadful (or both)
    Haters gonna hate.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Ok, I finally got off my butt and started the picking contest for the ACC regular season. Just go to this link to sign up: https://contests.covers.com/OfficePo...2-a85c00dbcc0f



    Who won this contest last year? Anyone recall? I know who won the ACC pre-season contest... ME!!
    Congrats Jason!

    Last year NYBri won.

    I should know, I lost first and bought him beer. Well earned and Well deserved.

  10. #10
    UNC managed to lose and still leave me seeing red... par for the course

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

    Who won this contest last year? Anyone recall? I know who won the ACC pre-season contest... ME!!

    -Jason "if you have any questions or concerns, let me know!" Evans
    I remember. Check out my sig.

    Congrats, Jason "I need to brag about my win" Evans.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    I'm betting 500 fake dollars on the "under" in the Carolina @ Virginia game. It is 135 and I'm counting on the Virginia defense, which limited Virginia Tech to 52 points in Blacksburg, to stifle Carolina's offense.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I'm betting 500 fake dollars on the "under" in the Carolina @ Virginia game. It is 135 and I'm counting on the Virginia defense, which limited Virginia Tech to 52 points in Blacksburg, to stifle Carolina's offense.
    Thatís a tough one. I might take the over. UNC can score and probably lets UVA score. Could be UVA 75, UNC 65.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    That’s a tough one. I might take the over. UNC can score and probably lets UVA score. Could be UVA 75, UNC 65.
    I took the under and I think it is a pretty safe bet. Va Tech has one of the better offenses in college hoops, averaging almost 88 points per game before they played Virginia this week. The game was at Va Tech and teams traditionally score even better at home. The Hokies managed just 52 points against the monster that is the Virginia pack line defense. Carolina will have to go crazy from 3 to get to 65, I expect.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I took the under and I think it is a pretty safe bet. Va Tech has one of the better offenses in college hoops, averaging almost 88 points per game before they played Virginia this week. The game was at Va Tech and teams traditionally score even better at home. The Hokies managed just 52 points against the monster that is the Virginia pack line defense. Carolina will have to go crazy from 3 to get to 65, I expect.
    Good points. I just think the best way to beat the Pac-Man defense is to score quick. UNC is good at that. Donít think the heels will win, but I do expect them to score more than the average against UVA. But hoo knows. I think it was last year that the hooís beat the tar out of those heels.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Virginia 35, Carolina 28 at the half so 63 total points scored so far. The "under" remains in play unless Carolina can force the pace in the 2nd half.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Hate to say I told ya so but...

    49 total points for the Heels. Never, ever, ever bet against Virginia's defense (except perhaps when they are playing Duke).

    Meanwhile, the OT ruined my under pick for the Clemson-Louisville game otherwise I would be 3-for-3 on O/U bets today.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    49 total points for the Heels. Never, ever, ever bet against Virginia's defense (except perhaps when they are playing Duke).
    I enjoyed winning those 500 fake dollars.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Hate to say I told ya so but...

    49 total points for the Heels. Never, ever, ever bet against Virginia's defense (except perhaps when they are playing Duke).

    Meanwhile, the OT ruined my under pick for the Clemson-Louisville game otherwise I would be 3-for-3 on O/U bets today.
    Never ever count on the heels to do anything ... game barely got to 110 points ... impressive defensive by the hooís ... Iím eating crow for my afternoon snack.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    I took the "under" at 150.5 in the Wake Forest at Boston College game. The combined points scored in the 1st half is 70 so I have some wiggle room if the scoring pace is higher in the second half.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

Similar Threads

  1. Pre-ACC Picking Contest - Degenerate Gamblers Rejoice!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 01-01-2018, 06:09 PM
  2. ACC picking contest?
    By rasputin in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2017, 04:30 PM
  3. Fan Guide - need help picking format
    By dukenilnil in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-18-2012, 08:16 AM
  4. Picking the US U-23 Team
    By burnspbesq in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 01:48 PM
  5. RIP: Double Gamblers
    By OZZIE4DUKE in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 01:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •