Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Just wait until Duke loses one conference game. Then he'll be back on the troll train.
    You mean lose another conference game, right?

Sorry, but I couldn't resist that teed up comment from one of my biggest fans.

I do find it funny to see this thread after my attempt to talk UNC hoops here was pretty much shot down by the "we couldn't care less about UNC" crowd.

Many of you obviously care more than you want to admit.

I'm also heartened to see that some of you realize that one of the best things about college basketball is how unpredictable it can be. No one is immune to upset losses in college basketball.

UNC has a good team. Maybe not as strong as the past two years, but still a very good team that will make some noise.
    Last edited by Wheat/"/"/"; 12-27-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    I do find it funny to see this thread after my attempt to talk UNC hoops here was pretty much shot down by the "we couldn't care less about UNC" crowd.

Most of us care about fair play, doing the right thing and teaching the athletes that choose to play for our schools... But Tarheel fans would know anything about all that.

You are free to talk about hoops, but realize everyone in the world understands all of you past success was fraudulent and any future success is built on a foundation of cheating that spans three decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Nah. I think I speak for many when I correct your statement by pointing out that we don’t really CARE about unCheat basketball. But we do ENJOY the heck out of your team losing.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

And Dean Smith recruited Washburn. Hard. (and Kevin Madden had a lower SAT score than Washburn).

State has had a long history of struggles with academic integrity and cheating, dating back to Everett Case. But the Pack has paid a high price for its crimes.

UNC, which has stuck up its nose and proclaimed the "Carolina Way" as superior to its neighbors, turned out to be a bigger cheater than NC State ever imagined -- and getting away with it through a technicality in the NCAA rules. But Wheat, before you start taunting Pack Man about State's "proven" cheating, you need to acknowledge that UNC's long scam is proven -- UNC admitted it to its accrediting agency ... Bubba Cunningham admitted it on air to CBS.

UNC cheated worse than State ever did (and the NCAA never looked at things like the Wheels for Heels program or the Tammy Hansbrough scandal).

So does UNC deserve to be scolded by an NC State fan? Hell, yes.

And if you want another source, consider this Duke fan as endorsing everything Pack Man said.
    Last edited by Newton_14; 12-27-2017 at 07:29 PM. Reason: removed quote of a deleted post.

Hey friends -

Time to change topics away from UNC/scandal kvetching. The last thing any of us want is to have this glorious thread shut down, so let's get back on message.

Anyone know how many TOs Roy had at the final buzzer when UNC lost to Wofford at home? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    And Dean Smith recruited Washburn. Hard. (and Kevin Madden had a lower SAT score than Washburn).

State has had a long history of struggles with academic integrity and cheating, dating back to Everett Case. But the Pack has paid a high price for its crimes.

UNC, which has stuck up its nose and proclaimed the "Carolina Way" as superior to its neighbors, turned out to be a bigger cheater than NC State ever imagined -- and getting away with it through a technicality in the NCAA rules. But Wheat, before you start taunting Pack Man about State's "proven" cheating, you need to acknowledge that UNC's long scam is proven -- UNC admitted it to its accrediting agency ... Bubba Cunningham admitted it on air to CBS.

UNC cheated worse than State ever did (and the NCAA never looked at things like the Wheels for Heels program or the Tammy Hansbrough scandal).

And if you want another source, consider this Duke fan as endorsing everything Pack Man said.
    Tried to give you sporks but must spread more around. You speak the truth my Duke friend. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post

Yup, and the bolded particularly. Takes real cajones for a fan of the Bastards to come here and lecture another fan base about a school’s character or a team’s moral superiority.

So here's an actual basketball question for our friend Wheat... from talking to my UNC acquaintances and also perusing IC, my feeling is that fans are unhappy with Roy's tendency to
    - experiment with unusual lineups
    - pull guys out of the game who are playing well and then give minutes to bench guys who aren't as good
    - use the less talented bench players too much, rather than tightening the lineup

It's always fascinating to hear these complaints, because Duke fans of course complain that K doesn't use his bench enough, that he rides his starters for too long causing fatigue late in the game, that our defense suffers, and that the bench players don't get enough minutes and therefore transfer.

Anyways, how much do you think the lineup changes contributed to the loss? Should Roy have stuck with a tighter rotation even this early in the season and against a presumed weaker opponent at home? Or do you trust in his system which allows guys like Luke Maye to get minutes even as an overwhelmed freshman with more talented guys ahead of him, ultimately giving him the confidence to contribute later in the season?

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    So here's an actual basketball question for our friend Wheat... from talking to my UNC acquaintances and also perusing IC, my feeling is that fans are unhappy with Roy's tendency to
    - experiment with unusual lineups
    - pull guys out of the game who are playing well and then give minutes to bench guys who aren't as good
    - use the less talented bench players too much, rather than tightening the lineup

It's always fascinating to hear these complaints, because Duke fans of course complain that K doesn't use his bench enough, that he rides his starters for too long causing fatigue late in the game, that our defense suffers, and that the bench players don't get enough minutes and therefore transfer.

Anyways, how much do you think the lineup changes contributed to the loss? Should Roy have stuck with a tighter rotation even this early in the season and against a presumed weaker opponent at home? Or do you trust in his system which allows guys like Luke Maye to get minutes even as an overwhelmed freshman with more talented guys ahead of him, ultimately giving him the confidence to contribute later in the season?
    "I don't give a shi(r)t about c*rolina."

Unless, of course they're losing. As often as possible.

(No offense to Urinal Cake.)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    This thread has devolved into the same sort of hate-spewing dialog unrelated to the actual Carolina loss that inspired the original post. Time to shut it down.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”