Netflix: Mindhunter; HBO: The Night Of

Perhaps these 2 miniseries have been discussed—I found them both bingeworthy. Neither one is for the faint of heart.

Yes, I definitely binged with Mindhunter. While we've had a number of shows dealing with profilers, this one takes us back to the start of that science. I love the pairing of the up and coming hotshot teamed with the grizzled veteran.

The show has some great characters and the actors who portray the killers do an outstanding job with their roles.

I think my favorite part of the show is how while Tench is coming around to the new science, you can see the fear in him as he realizes that some of the things they are discovering about the killers are traits that are present in his adopted son.

I loved Manhunter! And I don't really recall anything terribly explicit. I mean, at least that we saw. Obviously, they discuss some unpleasant crime details. But of the best known serial killers' work, I don't think those details are even the worst that they could have chosen (I know, that's horrifying).

Anyway, I liked the character work, also, and how they each dealt with the progressive stress of their job.

I liked both of these. I enjoyed The Night Of more than my wife did. It was a bit too dark and real to suit her. I really like the Limited or Mini-series format. Goliath was a great single season show but apparently they’re making a season two. It doesn’t bode well for the show if the only reason for season 2 is that season 1 was good. That’s what happened with Top of the Lake and Season 2 was a mess. Having a second season of Big Little Lies is a real head scratcher.

The Honourable Woman with Maggie Gyllenhaal is a really good BBC/Sundance series of only 8 episodes so you can bing watch it in a weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I liked both of these. I enjoyed The Night Of more than my wife did. It was a bit too dark and real to suit her. I really like the Limited or Mini-series format. Goliath was a great single season show but apparently they’re making a season two. It doesn’t bode well for the show if the only reason for season 2 is that season 1 was good. That’s what happened with Top of the Lake and Season 2 was a mess. Having a second season of Big Little Lies is a real head scratcher.

The Honourable Woman with Maggie Gyllenhaal is a really good BBC/Sundance series of only 8 episodes so you can bing watch it in a weekend.
    Didn't know Goliath was getting a second season. Was pretty sure the Missus and I were the only ones who enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Didn't know Goliath was getting a second season. Was pretty sure the Missus and I were the only ones who enjoyed it.
    I actually hadn’t heard of it. Well, advertising being what it is, I probably saw a banner or something, but I didn’t know what it was. I will check it out after the roommate and I finish Punisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Doria View Post
    I actually hadn’t heard of it. Well, advertising being what it is, I probably saw a banner or something, but I didn’t know what it was. I will check it out after the roommate and I finish Punisher.
    It is a kick. I will watch anything with Billy Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    You're not alone. I enjoyed Goliath greatly. Billy Bob has really grown on me over the years (didn't used to like him).

There is no second season of Goliath currently available on Amazon. The second season has a new Producer (Dexter) and a new male actor along with Billy Bob