Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jordan Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Only half of us.
    Actually that is only 46% of Americans, and it only counts if there is a trailing exclamation mark.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Was Jordan on the Maryland bench too?��
    So far down the end of the bench that he winds up in a different state.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    EDTI: Damn, I got beat to the Maryland joke.
    Yer still faster than Obi.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I actually thought he has been quite supportive perhaps not to the same degree as bouncing bunny Goldwire but I would not say he was sulking at the end of the bench.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

And now?

What thoughts after last night's game? Espn's half-time box score indicated that Tucker made a first half appearance, but I don't recall it; a mistake? He sure looked like a shooter in the second half, but I thought he seemed reluctant to engage in physical play under the boards.

So after yesterday's appearance, does that mean he has burned his potential redshirt for the year, or is that only if he appears in a Conference game (or more than 10%) of the conference game?

I kid...obviously (sad I have to add this disclaimer for those who probably think I am asking a serious question)

Quote Originally Posted by westwall View Post
    What thoughts after last night's game? Espn's half-time box score indicated that Tucker made a first half appearance, but I don't recall it; a mistake? He sure looked like a shooter in the second half, but I thought he seemed reluctant to engage in physical play under the boards.
    I think it's hard to know based on so limited game time. I think you'd have to be present for practices and team meetings to know how he's developing. I counsel patience and acknowledgment of how little we know how he's doing in practice. He's a freshman who was never projected as a OAD on a team loaded with OADs (and a few very good non-freshmen).

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    I think it's hard to know based on so limited game time. I think you'd have to be present for practices and team meetings to know how he's developing. I counsel patience and acknowledgment of how little we know how he's doing in practice. He's a freshman who was never projected as a OAD on a team loaded with OADs (and a few very good non-freshmen).
    He certainly has the size to compete, and he sure looked fluid out there (which is more than you can say for some freshmen). Unfortunately it was only mop-up duty.

Shot looked nice, but they all do when they go in.

- Chillin

I'm happy that he scored his first points, made his first collegiate FG, made his first collegiate 3FG.
    We may never know if he had a minor injury or illness at the start of the year that prevented the staff from wanting him to risk further complications. He may have been perfectly healthy but just didn't meet the standards for getting PT, which is something Fr. have to adjust to from HS to Duke. It may just be that K has been trying to figure out how to get the team to play 40 minutes of intensity, and last night was the first time he felt that the combination of intensity from the starters and outcome of the game were sufficient to go deeper on the bench.
    Whatever it was, J-Tuck showed that he can do positive things when given the chance. Hopefully he builds on this.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    I'm happy that he scored his first points, made his first collegiate FG, made his first collegiate 3FG.
    We may never know if he had a minor injury or illness at the start of the year that prevented the staff from wanting him to risk further complications. He may have been perfectly healthy but just didn't meet the standards for getting PT, which is something Fr. have to adjust to from HS to Duke. It may just be that K has been trying to figure out how to get the team to play 40 minutes of intensity, and last night was the first time he felt that the combination of intensity from the starters and outcome of the game were sufficient to go deeper on the bench.
    Whatever it was, J-Tuck showed that he can do positive things when given the chance. Hopefully he builds on this.
    How many college coaches saw Tucker's performance and just shook their heads: "that is Duke's TWELVTH man?"

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    How many college coaches saw Tucker's performance and just shook their heads: "that is Duke's TWELVTH man?"
    Only the ones who couldn't spell.

I saw on another board that tucker liked a post saying he should have went to syracuse.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Arguably thirteenth, as Justin Robinson has usually been playing ahead of him on the rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    I saw on another board that tucker liked a post saying he should have went to syracuse.
    Yeah, umm, this sounds like rumor mongering. How exactly did Jordan Tucker "like" a post on a forum? How do we know it was Tucker who did it?

If he wants to leave, he will leave. I hope he stays and works on his game and turns into Javin Delaurier next season (little used, end of the bench freshman who becomes a very solid contributor as a soph) but if he thinks Duke is not the right place for him, I wish him well in his quest to find the right place.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Yeah, umm, this sounds like rumor mongering. How exactly did Jordan Tucker "like" a post on a forum? How do we know it was Tucker who did it?

If he wants to leave, he will leave. I hope he stays and works on his game and turns into Javin Delaurier next season (little used, end of the bench freshman who becomes a very solid contributor as a soph) but if he thinks Duke is not the right place for him, I wish him well in his quest to find the right place.
    JT is on Facebook, and that's likely where he would have "liked" something. That being said, I like things all the time, doesn't mean I agree with them, but moreso acknowledge that the person who commented bothered to say something on one of my posts.

IE..."That painting looks great, you do well with those paint by number things!" And I "like it" while thinking "screw you, buddy".
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    Whatever board that might have been, it could use a healthy dose of grammar correct.

Past participles are our friends!

I saw on another board that Tucker liked a post saying he should have gone to Syracuse.