Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Tucker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jordan Tucker

I apologize if this has been addressed already. I went back a few pages and couldn't find a thread on it.

Any idea why Jordan Tucker hasn't gotten any PT? Is K planning to redshirt him? It seems odd that he can't crack the lineup at all even when Duke is up 20+ late in the game and the other less acclaimed recruits like Goldwire and AOC are finding some action.

Oh good. I see we've found our topic to beat into the ground this season.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    I think it's a reasonable question but likely one without a good answer right now.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I think it's a reasonable question but likely one without a good answer right now.
    It's not that it's not reasonable. It's just been asked a bunch already and likely will continue to be asked. And we'll likely get no answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I would argue that it's a reasonable question WITH a seemingly easy answer right now. Duke under Coach K doesn't play a deep bench. He has not shown himself to be as good as O'Connell, DeLaurier, or White as a back on the wing or forward spot. He doesn't play PG, so he can't compete with Goldwire either. Thus, he doesn't play.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I read an observation that Tucker was sitting at the end of the bench last night, not dressed out. Is that true? Seems odd to travel and at least not be in uniform.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I read an observation that Tucker was sitting at the end of the bench last night, not dressed out. Is that true? Seems odd to travel and at least not be in uniform.
    If you watch the first 10 seconds of this game replay, you'll see Jordan Tucker in his warm-up gear. Not sure who wrote the observation, but it seems incorrect.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    If you watch the first 10 seconds of this game replay, you'll see Jordan Tucker in his warm-up gear. Not sure who wrote the observation, but it seems incorrect.
    Thanks. Being an after game read, I didn't have a way to verify. Seemed odd to me. (I am way too focused to the 5 on the court to pay attention to who is sitting next to Sean Obi.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Thanks. Being an after game read, I didn't have a way to verify. Seemed odd to me. (I am way too focused to the 5 on the court to pay attention to who is sitting next to Sean Obi.)
    Was Jordan on the Maryland bench too?😀

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Was Jordan on the Maryland bench too?��
    So far down the end of the bench that he winds up in a different state.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    EDTI: Damn, I got beat to the Maryland joke.
    Yer still faster than Obi.

You mean on Maryland's bench? Obi's not on the team anymore

All kidding aside, remember when most of us thought Tucker was going to be the 7th man in the rotation? I guess that was before Bagley signed on, but still, wow were we wrong about that . . .

EDTI: Damn, I got beat to the Maryland joke.

Thanks. Being an after game read, I didn't have a way to verify. Seemed odd to me. (I am way too focused to the 5 on the court to pay attention to who is sitting next to Sean Obi

I think I saw the picture you were talking about. I saw it on the Duke basketball Facebook page (Not the official page, but a fan page). Tucker was sitting on the other side of the trainer and people were speculating about his body language.

It's like those people don't understand that Coach K doesn't just hand out starters minutes like Halloween candy for just being a "highly-touted recruit on the roster."
    Chris Burgess is a good example of a highly-touted player that ended up having to scrap and claw for minutes, despite his reputation coming into college.

If Tucker isn't getting playing time (and he's not injured), then it's because his performance in practice isn't sufficient to knock someone else out of the rotation. I fully believe that K just wants the best players on the court, no matter who they are, and if he doesn't think Tucker is one of those players, then that's that.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Lighten up, Francis. It's a good question, given that O'Connell and Goldwire have found more minutes in this short season.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by magjayran View Post
    I apologize if this has been addressed already. I went back a few pages and couldn't find a thread on it.

Any idea why Jordan Tucker hasn't gotten any PT? Is K planning to redshirt him? It seems odd that he can't crack the lineup at all even when Duke is up 20+ late in the game and the other less acclaimed recruits like Goldwire and AOC are finding some action.
    Well, I don't know why he isn't playing, but he did get in vs Elon, so unless he gets injured severely enough for a medical hardship waiver, there is no chance for a redshirt.

Granted he hasn’t been on the court much, but in that limited time my untrained eyes saw a player who seemed behind those getting more time.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Granted he hasn’t been on the court much, but in that limited time my untrained eyes saw a player who seemed behind those getting more time.
    Not to second guess Coach K, but I'm assuming this was apparent from the start. If there was almost no hope of him getting any PT this season, why play him a few minutes in an early game to burn his redshirt? You can always cancel the redshirt in the middle of the season if something changes, and worst case if after 4 years at Duke he decides he doesn't want to use his fifth year, no one is forcing him to, but it is nice to have that optionality. I felt the same way about Vrank's roughly 15 minutes of PT his freshman year.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Not to second guess Coach K, but I'm assuming this was apparent from the start. If there was almost no hope of him getting any PT this season, why play him a few minutes in an early game to burn his redshirt? You can always cancel the redshirt in the middle of the season if something changes, and worst case if after 4 years at Duke he decides he doesn't want to use his fifth year, no one is forcing him to, but it is nice to have that optionality. I felt the same way about Vrank's roughly 15 minutes of PT his freshman year.
    Vrank was offered the chance to redshirt and declined. Tucker may have been a similar case. No way for us to know.

Again I apologize if this has been brought up. I tried the search feature and tried looking for old threads. I used to be more active on forums like this but I have an 11 month old now so while I'm finding time to watch the games, I'm not finding much time to keep up with the rumors/gossip/speculation about players and potential recruits. I actually watched the Elon game and didn't remember him getting in which might actually be the answer to my question now that I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by magjayran View Post
    Again I apologize if this has been brought up. I tried the search feature and tried looking for old threads. I used to be more active on forums like this but I have an 11 month old now so while I'm finding time to watch the games, I'm not finding much time to keep up with the rumors/gossip/speculation about players and potential recruits. I actually watched the Elon game and didn't remember him getting in which might actually be the answer to my question now that I think about it.
    I was just giving you a hard time. I don't feel like any topic is off limits to discuss.

In agreement with others, I see the rotation kinda/sorta settling out (in?) and don't envision much PT for Tucker given the "two-deep" that has been outlined above/manifest already in the games we've played.
    Last edited by JBDuke; 11-22-2017 at 11:14 PM. Reason: removed material not related to thread
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.