Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

FB: Duke 31, Wake Forest 23 (Bowl Eligible!!!!)

Currently we only have the list of stations carrying the game:
    http://www.theacc.com/sports/2017/11...ll-171125.aspx

The blackout map and ESPN College Extra information will be available later in the week. The blackout area should be similar to the one for the Georgia Tech game.

The Wake game is our bowl game. That is the mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    The Wake game is our bowl game. That is the mindset.
    The Wake game is the first of two bowl games. Go Duke!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

This season has been the best of times, the worst of times — yet we have a single game and a Bowl game as the prize.

We win out six or we do not. The guys know what needs to happen. Make it so.

LGD!!!!

We can win this one too. But as the wife reminded me last night, seems like every time we play them, we get jobbed by the refs (and she's right). Just get ready boys, and go get that bowl game!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    We can win this one too. But as the wife reminded me last night, seems like every time we play them, we get jobbed by the refs (and she's right). Just get ready boys, and go get that bowl game!
    We can but it will be a tall task. Wake is good; much better than Tech and better coached. Wake beat State last night without their best defensive player (Ejiofor). Wolford is a senior and a good QB, he will test our defensive backfield. We will need a complete 60 minutes of mistake free (physical and mental) football.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    We can but it will be a tall task. Wake is good; much better than Tech and better coached. Wake beat State last night without their best defensive player (Ejiofor). Wolford is a senior and a good QB, he will test our defensive backfield. We will need a complete 60 minutes of mistake free (physical and mental) football.
    Wake beat State after State fumbled when a receiver pushed the ball towards the goal line, which would have given the Pack the lead and likely the game. And even without the score on the play, it would have been first down ont he one-yard line. Bad luck for State due to an error by a freshman.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Wake beat State after State fumbled when a receiver pushed the ball towards the goal line, which would have given the Pack the lead and likely the game. And even without the score on the play, it would have been first down ont he one-yard line. Bad luck for State due to an error by a freshman.
    My only comment is to make sure you have goal line cameras for your game. I haven't seen the play in question, but from what I hear it was very close and the play was not reviewable due to lack of a goalline camera.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    My only comment is to make sure you have goal line cameras for your game. I haven't seen the play in question, but from what I hear it was very close and the play was not reviewable due to lack of a goalline camera.
    I don't understand why this isn't the standard. I know they make cameras they put in the pylon, can't all Power 5 teams afford this?

(Watching the replays, I thought from the angles shown that the player was clearly not across the goal line, and the ball wasn't either although it was close.)

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Yes, the "goal line" camera was at angle, so there was no definitive answer.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

As an old country Baptist preacher once told me "you can't kill a snake with two feet in the bucket." Wise beyond his years.

GO DUKE!!
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 11-19-2017 at 05:06 PM. Reason: wait a second, that could've been Ross Perot.

12.5 - thought it would be

We're 12.5 point underdogs. Yikes. We need to win the kicking game.

Better than the 14 (South Carolina) or 16 (UNC) spreads ...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/lines

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    We're 12.5 point underdogs. Yikes. We need to win the kicking game.

Better than the 14 (South Carolina) or 16 (UNC) spreads ...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/lines
    Wake is a very good team. It will take a monumental effort. Duke will need to treat it as a bowl game and try a bit of everything.

Can our #32 defense stop WFU's #14 offense ?

Per SRS, #18 WFU (#14 offense; #38 defense) is 7.34 pts better than Duke on neutral field (10.34 w/ 3 for home; line opened 12.5) ... have beaten three teams better than #48 Duke in #32 BC, #31 Lville, and #22 NCSU ... worse loss is to #40 FSU ... beat #90 AppSt by 1 ...

+44 Presby
    +36 UtSt (#71)
    +24 @BC (#32)
    +21 @Syr (#54)
    +10 Lville (#31)
    +06 NCSU (#22)
    +01 @AppSt (#90)
    -------------------------------
    -07 FSU (#40)
    -11 @ND (#2)
    -14 @GT (#33)
    -14 @CU (#8)

#48 Duke (#81 offense; #32 defense) has lost to 5 teams worse than #18 WFU by losing to #21, #40, #63, #65, and #75. We did beat #23 NU. Can our O do anything against WFU's D? NU had the #17 defense.

+53 nccu
    +24 nu (#23)
    +23 gt (#33)
    +14 bay (#97)
    +10 @unc (#77)
    ---------------------------------
    -05 @army (#65)
    -07 pitt (#75)
    -07 @uva (#63)
    -07 fsu (#40)
    -21 @vt (#21)
    -25 mia (#5)

Common opponents: we both lost to fsu by 7 at home ... we beat gt by 23 at our home while wfu lost to gt by 14 at gt

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...7-ratings.html

WFU's assistants include Brad Sherrod (Duke '93) and Wayne Lineburg (who had to step in as interim Univ of Richmond head coach in 2011 just before the season opener ... and beat Duke):

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/spor...t.html#coaches

Page 2? Really, Reilly?

Any update on McDuffie's (?) injury? Didn't look promising when he was helped off the field, appearing unable to put weight on one leg.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Page 2? Really, Reilly?

Any update on McDuffie's (?) injury? Didn't look promising when he was helped off the field, appearing unable to put weight on one leg.
    He's done for Wake. (And the bowl game.)

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/knee-in...ason/17131612/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    He's done for Wake. (And the bowl game.)

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/knee-in...ason/17131612/
    Good find. Thanks. Didn't think it looked good on Saturday.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Saturday's biggest challenge for our offense may lie in how much Wake uses a perimeter blitz.... our OL has not yet learned how to swing coverage to combat this type of blitz. I'm not being pessimistic, just recognizing what may have to be addressed to keep the offense rolling into the end zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Saturday's biggest challenge for our offense may lie in how much Wake uses a perimeter blitz...
    Another reason to run the ball...an effective play against the blitz is the delayed run or draw play. The runner goes through the gap vacated by the blitzing defender.
    Bob Green