Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevilDeb View Post
    ...I know he is doing everything the trainers and coaches are telling him to... and I know he will be back as soon as possible. He could be a very important defensive player come March...
    That's great to read. He's one young man who is hard to read, very even-tempered, kind of a gentle giant guy. We'd all love to see him bloom. Just get over the injury issues.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

It took Brian Zoubek awhile to get healthy and find his groove. I remember how we often wondered why he was so highly touted coming out of high school and why we never saw any of that potential.

Of course there were a few wise people who reminded us what it was like to attempt running with a metal object in your shoe. Brian finally got his groove on and the rest is history.

I doubt anyone would complain if Marques had similar career trajectory.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    It took Brian Zoubek awhile to get healthy and find his groove. I remember how we often wondered why he was so highly touted coming out of high school and why we never saw any of that potential.

Of course there were a few wise people who reminded us what it was like to attempt running with a metal object in your shoe. Brian finally got his groove on and the rest is history.

I doubt anyone would complain if Marques had similar career trajectory.
    I believe Brian saw it a little bit differently, but all's well that ends well, and I share your hopes for Bolden.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I believe Brian saw it a little bit differently, but all's well that ends well, and I share your hopes for Bolden.
    You're right! I was viewing things from a fans POV and that was being insensitive to the players.

While we all enjoy a storybook ending the hardships endured getting to that point are something I'm sure the kids would rather not go through.