Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    Ironically enough this hurts Duke’s ACC standing... they’ll now lose out on a double-bye with a loss to UNC and 2 wins by NCSU and Clemson... but who cares. Saw my alma mater beat my least favorite team ever at the Dean Dome, what a great night.
    I didn't realize this until this morning and it did take a little shine off of it. If NCSU and Clemson win out, the Duke/UNC game stakes are even higher. Duke win = 2 seed, lose = 5 seed. UNC win = 2 seed, lose = 6 seed.

Seeding prediction site http://bball.notnothing.net/acc.php?sport=mbb

I'd give my left arm for 82-50 as well. Just watched the glorious tweet for the millionth time and finally noticed that Newton walked before the last shot. Pretty clearly. Makes it even sweeter.

Quote Originally Posted by bigperm13 View Post
    I'd give my left arm for 82-50 as well. Just watched the glorious tweet for the millionth time and finally noticed that Newton walked before the last shot. Pretty clearly. Makes it even sweeter.
    Can’t imagine any ref, not even Teddy, has the... to call that walk!
    Imagine waiving that off as the Miami players come running onto the court thinking they’ve won the game? Just the very image makes me laugh. I suspect the other two refs come over and punch him in the face and the count the shot.
    The ceiling is the roof

I watched 1000 times and never noticed his feet. I also took way too long to push mute and have had Celine Dion on a loop in my head all day.

One Hall of a game going on in NJ now. The Pirates with 4 fouls in 6 seconds just to get the Cats to the 1+1 and they miss the FT.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Aarg!

-jk

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Aarg!

-jk
    You had me looking to see if gawd-awful ECU pulled off some amazing upset.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Lots of wildcats making noise these days... and most of the noises are shrieks of pain

Another gifts from the refs, this one going to Nova.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Aarg!

-jk
    Despite their best efforts, the Wildcats remembered that talk like a pirate day isn’t until September 19th.

The funny part is that both Johnson and Berry traveled before each made a three pointer just a few minutes prior. But no one was talking or complaining about those!
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

That was a walk when I played basketball in 1970. It is pretty much the number of steps taken on every breakaway dunk this year in college basketball.

In the NBA they get an extra step beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    The funny part is that both Johnson and Berry traveled before each made a three pointer just a few minutes prior. But no one was talking or complaining about those!
    Hell, Berry took 4-5 steps on a prayer he threw up against Arkansas in their ncaa-t game last year that ended up going right to one of their bigs for an easy FG (instead of a turnover), giving the cheats a 5 point lead.

Coach K goes for win #1096 Saturday:

1096. GTHC!
    1097. ACC Tournament.
    1098. ACC/NCAA Tournament.
    1099-1100. ACC/NCAA Tournament and hopefully not next year.

If we get out of the single bye scenario, you can give win 1100 its own line without the ACC Tournament.

It is early, but JD is looking to pull a "shocker."
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It is early, but JD is looking to pull a "shocker."
    Just checked the game, and I don’t know if UCF has scored since Jason “I don’t want to jinx JD by mentioning his name” Evans posted that cryptic message.

The well disguised other team has scored quite a few points.

Central Fla lost to Wichita St by 4 in OT. Bummer but I am betting Johnny's boys make some noise in the NIT (I suspect they will get a bid).
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Dirty birds?

Hoo you talkin' about?

Deng, this is A-Del of a game!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Dirty birds?

Hoo you talkin' about?

I’ll State this succinctly: It’ll be windy tomorrow and I need a Jacket.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."