Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blue-White Pregame

Last year Inside Access streamed the Blue-White game and the exhibitions. I haven't seen anything advertised about it this year. Does anyone know if someone is going to host those broadcasts?
    Last edited by savagehenry; 10-22-2007 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Bad Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by savagehenry View Post
    Last year Inside Access streamed the Blue-White game and the exhibitions. I haven't seen anything advertised about it this year. Does anyone know if someone is going to host those broadcasts?
    Did you have to pay for Inside Access last year?

yes, paying for inside access for a month's subscription got you the blue/white game (i think) and a couple of the exhibition games...i cancelled it after that month because games started on tv

I've been waiting to ask this same question.

Watching games overseas

What is the story with Inside Access? Can I use it to watch televised games? If not, is there another way to stream televised games over the internet?

I will be in Brazil for almost the whole season and need to find a way to get my view the games. I know the issue of watching oveseas comes up every year, but I have never paid attention as it has not been germane to me before. Thanks!
    Last edited by hedgehog; 10-23-2007 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    What is the story with Inside Acess? Can I use it to watch televised games? If not, is there another way to stream televised games over the internet?

I will be in Brazil for almost the whole season and need to find a way to get my view the games. I know the issue of watching oveseas comes up every year, but I have never paid attention as it has not been germane to me before. Thanks!
    There are a few options.

http://acc.playonsports.tv ACC Select has some Men;s games and lots of women's games, usually not the ones already on ESPN or FoxSports.

Cost is pretty reasonable.

Try Googling TVU or Sopcast or any of the free internet streaming sites, though sometimes you are dependent on using their message board to coax someone to stream the game for you.

http://blog.adglobe.net/2006/12/06/s...ke-tvu-player/

As I will unfortunately not be able to make the trip to Durham for the Blue-White game (really, really hoped I could but work and distance is in the way), will somebody be there once again to film it and either uploaded it to the net or provide it on eBay?

I have purchased these games from there in the past and was just wondering if that option would be available again this year or if the person who has filmed the game in the past is a member of this site?. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by savagehenry View Post
    yes it will be offered on inside access. see the link towards the end of this article:

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...ATCLID=1285124

Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I am trying hard to sign up for the streaming video of the BW scrimmage plus the exhibition games, but with no success. First I tried with my DSL system in SC, now I am in Florida where I have a cable modem. All I when I look at the sample is a black screen with a message "connecting to server" on both systems. My systems are both pretty new, and I don't believe that I have a settings issue. Then I try the customer service link, and it appears to be broken -- I get an error message.
    Any thoughts to help out here?

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    I am trying hard to sign up for the streaming video of the BW scrimmage plus the exhibition games, but with no success. First I tried with my DSL system in SC, now I am in Florida where I have a cable modem. All I when I look at the sample is a black screen with a message "connecting to server" on both systems. My systems are both pretty new, and I don't believe that I have a settings issue. Then I try the customer service link, and it appears to be broken -- I get an error message.
    Might you have to wait until they are actually broadcasting to connect? Don't know if they would have a "test pattern" up when they are not.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    I was going to post the same thing but thought it wasn't really others problem. All I ever get is black screen and the same "connecting to server..." message. Once I got "Ready", but still no video. I've tried on 3 different machines and tried all of their shoddy troubleshooting tips, but nothing works for me. I've paid for this in past years and I know it eventually worked. I'm certain I'm even using the same computer and modem that I used last year in one test but it still doesn't work.

Is anyone able to view the test video?????

btw, it's the "Test Video" on the page with the options "Yes, I can see the Video" and "System Requirements" that doesn't work for me. There's a sample video on the goduke page advertising inside access that works (where my email from goduke sent me), but when I click "Sign up now" it's the test video on the next page that doesn't work. Just to be clear...

Thanks, Lulu, we are talking about the same thing. I guess that, in a way, if I see the "connecting to server," I am seeing the video. I will go ahead and sign up.

Sorry to bump, but hasn't anyone here checked the test video??? Please respond if you are able to view the inside access test video we've been discussing above because I still get nothing and I'd really like to check out the game tomorrow (I'm afraid I'll be spending 2 hours playing with settings instead).

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    btw, it's the "Test Video" on the page with the options "Yes, I can see the Video" and "System Requirements" that doesn't work for me. There's a sample video on the goduke page advertising inside access that works (where my email from goduke sent me), but when I click "Sign up now" it's the test video on the next page that doesn't work. Just to be clear...
    A couple things you may have to try:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...&qstechnology=

Make sure you have the latest version of windows Media Player

Not sure if it is the case on the one you are trying, but sometimes when you get the black screen on Windows Media, it starts out with the pause button !! and you have to hit it once to get the play button >

Finally make sure your sound is on to see if you are at least getting the Audio if not the video

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    I don't think anyone has directly responded to this. As with Lulu, I can view the video press conferences on the advertising page, but not the "Test Video" on the sign up page. Am I OK for tonight?

Blue-White lineups/teams

DBR mainpage said that Marty and Dave are going to sit this out recovering from injuries. That leaves 11 players to play the game. Are the lineups announced before the game? Has anyone seen them? Will the teams switch throughout the game?

I also saw some highlights from Arkansas' Red-White game last night. New head coach John Pelphrey (formerly of UK fame) came in and played a couple of minutes, hitting a three. I wonder how a team including Dawkins, Wojo and Collins would do against our current team.

Unhappy

marty...MAN! kid can't get a break! does anyone have more info, e.g. severity, prognosis.

can we expect some reports from those able to attend????

Quote Originally Posted by grossbus View Post
    marty...MAN! kid can't get a break! does anyone have more info, e.g. severity, prognosis.

can we expect some reports from those able to attend????
    In droves.