Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Let's move the thread in question to the PPB.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Let's move the thread in question to the PPB.
    Best advice yet

Could it at least be re-titled to this...?

Kisigino kinataja mjadala 17-18 hakuna mjadala wa mashindano

Quote Originally Posted by hudlow View Post
    Could it at least be re-titled to this...?

Kisigino kinataja mjadala 17-18 hakuna mjadala wa mashindano
    Hans? Is that you??

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    Hans? Is that you??
    Just travelin' through...

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I like the fact that even the hoops only thread references the scandal.

-jk
    Personally, I wouldn't know. I haven't gone to THAT THREAD for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I have not done this, so your mileage may vary and this is very much use at your own risk.
    -------------------------
    There is a plugin for Firefox called Greasemonkey and for Chrome it's called Tampermonkey. This allows you to run small JavaScript programs other people wrote to modify various webpages. There appears to be one for vBulletin4 that says it will hide threads and users. It can be found here: https://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/120455
    -----------------------

I make no claims of what will actually happen, but in theory it should work.
    Just curious if anyone has tried this yet and, if so, how it’s working.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't know. I haven't gone to THAT THREAD for quite some time.
    I have not opened the thread, but I notice a certain fisherman continues to make sure it stays on the front page GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I have not opened the thread, but I notice a certain fisherman continues to make sure it stays on the front page GoDuke!
    It’s almost like the fisherman is trolling.

And I’m sure someone is getting a laugh at getting the trolling sanctioned so it will remain on the front page all season.

But at least there’s pie. Gluten-rich pie.

I also vote that when the game with the pale blue typos rolls around, no thread exists for it on this board. None at all. And when the second obligatory matchup occurs, same.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Are we talking about the bowl vigil thread? I just don't visit it, simple solution.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    Just curious if anyone has tried this yet and, if so, how it’s working.
    Yes, I did! Seems to be working well. Only annoying thing is it puts an extra icon in front of each thread you can use to block.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Are we talking about the bowl vigil thread? I just don't visit it, simple solution.
    That one’s gonna sink down on its own pretty soon. Ugh.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    It’s almost like the fisherman is trolling.

And I’m sure someone is getting a laugh at getting the trolling sanctioned so it will remain on the front page all season.

But at least there’s pie. Gluten-rich pie.
    Totally agree. A bunch of sweater-vest wearing mouth breathers.

If moving the thread down does not work, and if moving it to another board is not an option, perhaps just re-titling it "Delusional, irrelevant musings" would suffice?

That one’s gonna sink down on its own pretty soon. Ugh.
    Not until the last 5-7 bowl-slot-based-on-grades is awarded ... we have miles to go before we sleep ...

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    Totally agree. A bunch of sweater-vest wearing mouth breathers.
    Lol got flamed for my post. A first in however long I’ve been on this forum I think.

Lol got flamed for my post. A first in however long I’ve been on this forum I think.
    Well, I believe this IS technically the "Duke and Carolina Basketball Report," after all, so unrepentant Carolina fans who come here immediately after the program gets a pass for decades of cheating and create a UNC basketball thread that is not allowed to reference the decades of cheating (because reasons) could never be considered trolls. And when they bump it to the first page day after day, they still could never be considered trolls. Even when they post videos of past blowout victories over NC State in such thread in response to comments from fans of NC State, that's not troll behavior at all--it is directly relevant to this year's UNC team and is therefore permitted (because reasons). In summary, you deserved that flame, and whoever gave it to you is the real hero of the Duke and Carolina Basketball Report.

... got flamed for my post. A first in however long I’ve been on this forum ...
    You've been coddled too long, obviously.

I'm just happy there are finally deep thinkers in these parts. Maybe it's time to engage those thinkers directly, in said thread, and exchange views on ... oh, I don't know ... maybe thoughts about our current president, our last president, bbq (both Texas and NC (east and west)), bathroom bills, religion, abortion, the root causes of the Civil War, whether Dean is the greatest basketball coach who ever lived or the greatest human who ever lived, and Woodrow Wilson. If there's going to be a Teflon thread, we might as well make use of it.

And yet we’ll deserved sporks were denied. How deep does this conspiracy go?