Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    How did I miss this? I love losing fake internet money to remind myself that I should never gamble.

I've made the most bets on tonight's games than I have all season. It's boom or bust time.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    I've made the most bets on tonight's games than I have all season. It's boom or bust time.
    Tonight's matchups, Duke & unx excluded, IMO, are the toughest thus far to gauge. It's a combination of:
    • (seemingly) Even matchups--Miami@Minny
    • Not being able to figure out what the teams are yet--NCSU beat Ariz and immediately lost to UNI
    • Just not caring enough to pay attention yet--Neb, BC, Clemson, OSU

I'm making fewer bets tonight, but going heavier because they'll be ones in which I'm more confident. I made the mistake last night to go with some uninformed gut calls, and I took a couple of dings. Not tonight.

Man, I really wasn't trying to bet Clemson tonight, but at 5.5? Geez. Kenpom projects the line at 1. That's the definition of "line value."

I think I gotta do it. Can you please just this once, Clemson, not poop the bed in a big game (for you)?

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Tonight's matchups, Duke & unx excluded, IMO, are the toughest thus far to gauge. It's a combination of:
    • (seemingly) Even matchups--Miami@Minny
    • Not being able to figure out what the teams are yet--NCSU beat Ariz and immediately lost to UNI
    • Just not caring enough to pay attention yet--Neb, BC, Clemson, OSU

I'm making fewer bets tonight, but going heavier because they'll be ones in which I'm more confident. I made the mistake last night to go with some uninformed gut calls, and I took a couple of dings. Not tonight.
    Uninformed gut calls are my jam!!

Clemson, not poop the bed in a big game
    I'm betting on them Clemsoning.

I made a bunch of middling bets --200 and 300 -- on the games and then one big bet.

500 on Duke to cover. I think we are due for a game where we blow the door off our opponent cause that's how good we are. Plus, I think Indiana is really mediocre.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I made a bunch of middling bets --200 and 300 -- on the games and then one big bet.

500 on Duke to cover. I think we are due for a game where we blow the door off our opponent cause that's how good we are. Plus, I think Indiana is really mediocre.
    Marvin Bagley once took the under on a +/-0 line.....and won. Oh, wait, wrong thread.

I placed four bets on tonight's games. Two against the spread and two over/under bets. I got off to a slow start, but I'm 8-2 in my last 10 wagers so hopefully my hot streak continues tonight.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Marvin Bagley once took the under on a +/-0 line....and won. Oh, wait, wrong thread.
    Yeah... Even in thr proper thread, a "Marvin Bagley gambling" joke might be a bit much for me.

Feel free to flame away at me, but I feel some jokes aren't worth it. And I was proffered a brief vacation thanks to a joke in the presidential election thread referencing 20 year old transgressions (that I thought was pretty funny).

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yeah... Even in thr proper thread, a "Marvin Bagley gambling" joke might be a bit much for me.

Feel free to flame away at me, but I feel some jokes aren't worth it. And I was proffered a brief vacation thanks to a joke in the presidential election thread referencing 20 year old transgressions (that I thought was pretty funny).
    Eh idc what the joke is or who it's about. If it's funny it's funny, nothing is off limits to me.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Almost everyone in the top 10 is firing bets left and right tonight. Gonna be some fireworks and maybe a shakeup of the standings before the night is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Almost everyone in the top 10 is firing bets left and right tonight. Gonna be some fireworks and maybe a shakeup of the standings before the night is over.
    More like a sparkler for me that wouldn't light. I took some lumps last night.

Is anyone else impressed at our collective results thus far?

We only have four people underwater thus far. Out of 25. As far as gambling goes, that's pretty impressive to me.

- Chillin

And another lump last night. I'm 1-11 for the week. I'm officially the "cooler". So if anyone wants to go on a hot streak, let me know and I'll send you my picks so you can bet the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    Is anyone else impressed at our collective results thus far?

We only have four people underwater thus far. Out of 25. As far as gambling goes, that's pretty impressive to me.

- Chillin
    Things get dicier once we move into ACC play.

UNC couldn't win by 11? Really? Up 16 with with 1 to play?

Hate betting.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    UNC couldn't win by 11? Really? Up 16 with with 1 to play?

Hate betting.

- Chillin
    Yup. I had the Heels minus 10.5 (they won by 10) and I had under 159 (total points, 160).

Crushing night... I’m never betting on the darn Tarheela again. Grrrr.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I took the over in the Duke/South Dakota game winning 500 fake dollars. The over/under was 159 with 176 points being scored. Easy money!
    Bob Green

Note to self. Never take the over in an Orange game. They can’t shoot, opponents can’t score against the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    Note to self. Never take the over in an Orange game. They can’t shoot, opponents can’t score against the zone.
    No complaining, Mr. First Place for the second year in a row (although I'll hope to knock you off your perch). Awesome streak to move to the top of the board!