Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Pre-ACC Picking Contest - Degenerate Gamblers Rejoice!

We did this last year for the ACC season and the NCAA tournament and it was ton of fun, so I am bringing it back!

This is where you come to prove your gambling prowess. Sign up via this Covers.com link and using the Group password "GoDuke" (no quotes) to join our contest. You will be allowed to wager on any game from now until Dec 31st that involves an ACC team. Please, please, please do not mess up and pick a game that does not involve and ACC team or you will be penalized and required to lose the amount you wagered (which can be harder than it sounds).

To be clear, this means you can pick this Friday's Duke-Elon game and the Northern Iowa-UNC game, but not the Texas A&M vs. West Virginia game. Is that clear?

You can wager between 100 and 500 units on every game and can bet point spreads or O/U. You may make up to 10 wagers per day. If, at any time, your account gets to -5000 units then you are done and cannot make any more wagers. We will keep track of weekly winners as well as the overall winner.

If you have any questions, feel free to post there here and I am sure we can come up with a good answer

Contest Name: DBR - Pre-ACC Season
    URL to Join: https://contests.covers.com/OfficePo...a-a82300d8a991
    Access Password: GoDuke
    Commissioner: JasonEvans
    Start Date: Nov 6 2017
    End Date: Jan 1 2018

-Jason "once Dec 31 rolls around, we will start a new contest where we will only pick ACC games, just like last season" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I'm in. Looking forward to the contest.
    Bob Green

POTM!!!

So in!!!

- Chillin

Over/under on how long it takes for first one (cough, richardjackson199, cough) out?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

You had me at “degenerate”

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Over/under on how long it takes for first one (cough, richardjackson199, cough) out?
    You know I'm in. Maybe I'll just bet opposite what I think and smoke you all.

Still at work, so I probably won't sign up until this weekend. But I don't bet less than 500 units a pop, so take the under on me busting out.

I'll find a way to lose some beer to somebody before this is over. But I'll taste a bottle, so it's worth it.

an opportunity to once again be humbled and, at least hope for improvement....delusions are good !

This year, I'm just going to bet the farm on UNC every week. That way, I'll always have something to look forward to whether UNC wins or loses. If they win, I'm smoking the field, if they lose, even better. I should win a lot with the excellent entry passers they have this year, according to Wheat.

Are the accounts supposed to be funded with the units already? I just tried to make my picks for tomorrows games and nobody had any money to bet in their account.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Are the accounts supposed to be funded with the units already? I just tried to make my picks for tomorrows games and nobody had any money to bet in their account.
    Last I checked, lines weren't up either.

I've been refreshing constantly because, well, ...

- Degenerate

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    Last I checked, lines weren't up either.

I've been refreshing constantly because, well, ...

- Degenerate
    Same. Given my prediction of a 19-11 season for UNC in the Heels basketball season thread, I'm anxious to put my units where my mouth is.

If it is like past seasons on Covers, there is no "funding" of accounts. You just start at 0 and each bet takes you up or down (look out for the vig on your losses, it'll kill ya!). I think Covers typically allows wagers the day of the college basketball games or maybe 24 hours before the game is to be played. We will likely see lines by tomorrow morning.

-Jason "sign up folks... it is fun fun fun!!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Baby needs new shoes!
    MrPoon’s all in.
    There should be a “house” penalty for anyone who wins units by betting against the Devils.
    Listening to the podcast the last few years I’m guessing JasonEvans has bet the over for every game without even waiting to see what the number is! (I tease out of love, keep the pods coming, love the passion!)
    The ceiling is the roof

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon View Post
    Listening to the podcast the last few years I’m guessing JasonEvans has bet the over for every game without even waiting to see what the number is! (I tease out of love, keep the pods coming, love the passion!)
    I am a huge sucker for the over... though last season I got killed on some under bets on Virginia games that somehow reached 120+ points. Sigh...

Lines are trickling in!!!

Duke -19.5, for those wondering.

- Chillin

ETA - moved to 20 already. Two books reporting so far.
    Last edited by ChillinDuke; 11-09-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Covers still has nothing up yet.

Duke opened -19 on the Vegas lines. Five books reporting so far. The offshore lines are more or less in agreement. Some 19.5s to be had, if you're so inclined slash lucky.

What say ye degenerates?

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    Covers still has nothing up yet.

Duke opened -19 on the Vegas lines. Five books reporting so far. The offshore lines are more or less in agreement. Some 19.5s to be had, if you're so inclined slash lucky.

What say ye degenerates?

- Chillin
    Friday games up now.

I had no idea this was a thing. Love it. Can't wait to hit -5000

This coming March will be the 5th straight year of March Madness in Vegas for me, when my true degenerate gambling comes out. Now you do all the betting via apps, you don't even need to walk up to book, which is simply incredible. I've never made so many teases and parlays in my life. Hope to see you guys there.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    I had no idea this was a thing. Love it. Can't wait to hit -5000

This coming March will be the 5th straight year of March Madness in Vegas for me, when my true degenerate gambling comes out. Now you do all the betting via apps, you don't even need to walk up to book, which is simply incredible. I've never made so many teases and parlays in my life. Hope to see you guys there.
    Can place bets from the comfort of your couch! Although, I don’t bet much since I live here. Not a good habit to get into.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Can place bets from the comfort of your couch! Although, I don’t bet much since I live here. Not a good habit to get into.
    Agreed. Very dangerous if your GPS always says you're in Nevada...