Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

MBB (Exh): Duke v Bowie State (Duvall, O'Connell, Goldwire all suspended!)

Violation of team standards...Great...

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/c...182573581.html

Probably nothing to worry about. Let's hope this is a 1 time thing.

So . . . who gets the start at point guard? Is it Grayson, and Javin moves into the starting lineup, or does Goldwire start at PG? I could see either one happening, but it might give us a decent pulse on whether or not Goldwire is really going to play significant minutes in the rotation, depending on how much he plays tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Probably nothing to worry about. Let's hope this is a 1 time thing.

So . . . who gets the start at point guard? Is it Grayson, and Javin moves into the starting lineup, or does Goldwire start at PG? I could see either one happening, but it might give us a decent pulse on whether or not Goldwire is really going to play significant minutes in the rotation, depending on how much he plays tomorrow.
    Grayson
    Trent
    Javin
    Bagley
    Carter
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Without any details (which we'll probably never get), I'd say that it sounds minor and the kind of thing K would do to send a message to his player. Obviously not worried about beating Bowie State, but this is still a less-than-ideal way to start the season.

If Duval was injured then I would say Grayson moves to the point, but that's not the case and if K is trying to send the message of "you are not more important than the team, we can function with you" then I think he'd start Goldwire in Duval's place.

Seeing as exhibition game are about getting everyone comfortable in their assigned roles, I think Goldwire starts so everyone else is able to play where they would usually play during the season. If it was about winning at all costs, then Javin or perhaps Bolden would start and one of our bigs would be playing the "3."

I also suspect this is punishment for skipping class or being late to practice or something like that. Perfect way to send a message to Trevon and to all the other youngsters about the expectations of playing at Duke.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Seeing as exhibition game are about getting everyone comfortable in their assigned roles, I think Goldwire starts so everyone else is able to play where they would usually play during the season. If it was about winning at all costs, then Javin or perhaps Bolden would start and one of our bigs would be playing the "3."

I also suspect this is punishment for skipping class or being late to practice or something like that. Perfect way to send a message to Trevon and to all the other youngsters about the expectations of playing at Duke.
    I'm also leaning towards Goldwire getting the spot start. I believe the coaches want to keep Grayson off the ball on offense as much as possible in order to allow him to hunt his perimeter shot. We need Grayson to shoot 3s, and he is a far less effective shooter when he is the point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Hopefully if it's something minor like being late, it will be called out as such. Having such a vague "team standards" explanation opens up a can of worms.

Besides Grayson and Nolan, which other players have we suspended in the past?

Duke junior Rasheed Sulaimon was dismissed from the Duke basketball program Thursday, the school announced.

He is the first player to be kicked off the team in coach Mike Krzyzewski’s 35 years at Duke.

“Rasheed has been unable to consistently live up to the standards required to be a member of our program,” Krzyzewski said in the press release.

with a team with such high standards as duke's, it could be just an early lesson. if it was a violation of the team in chapel hill's standards...i would be more worried.

A stitch in time saves nine.

No biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Duke junior Rasheed Sulaimon was dismissed from the Duke basketball program Thursday, the school announced.

He is the first player to be kicked off the team in coach Mike Krzyzewski’s 35 years at Duke.

“Rasheed has been unable to consistently live up to the standards required to be a member of our program,” Krzyzewski said in the press release.
    Note the use of the word "consistently."

Have to admit my first though was "oh no, let's not start the season this way". The more I think about it, the more I bet this is K making sure something minor doesn't grow.

Goldwire has already reached Horvathian heights before playing a single regular season game. Sky's the limit for this kid! (Might he leave early?)

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Note the use of the word "consistently."
    I hear you, but when I read the wording of the Duval announcement, I was immediately taken back to Rasheed.

Duval is so freakin important to this team this year...this is a hit to "his brand", let's hope he comes correct.

Let me be the first to say it

It’s over.

Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    if it was a violation of the team in chapel hill's standards...i would be more worried.
    I'm pretty sure every player at Duke violates the Tarheels standards...just by attending class.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    It’s over.
    Welp pack it up boys. It's over.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    It’s over.
    LOL, LOL....nothing like some Friday afternoon sarcasm !

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I'm pretty sure every player at Duke violates the Tarheels standards...just by attending class.
    touche'....you have to have standards to violate them