Thread: K the Reformer

K the Reformer

Since the Adidas scandal broke, K has been calling for reform.

The latest is an exclusive interview with the Sporting News' Mike DeCourcy
    http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...11t8efriz87ryl

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Since the Adidas scandal broke, K has been calling for reform.

The latest is an exclusive interview with the Sporting News' Mike DeCourcy
    http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...11t8efriz87ryl
    Great interview. Love that K is nearly always progressive in his thinking. Now to be clear, I don't mean that in the political sense, but rather that he is at the vanguard, advocating for progress and forward movement rather than Bobby Knight's distinctly conservative (again, not politically) perspective of "this is the way things are done because this is how I have always done things."

K comes across as a true advocate of the players and the game. Also, I believe he is a ambassador for The Game of Basketball, not simply NCAA ball, NBA ball, or World Competition. Pretty unique situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Great interview. Love that K is nearly always progressive in his thinking. Now to be clear, I don't mean that in the political sense, but rather that he is at the vanguard, advocating for progress and forward movement rather than Bobby Knight's distinctly conservative (again, not politically) perspective of "this is the way things are done because this is how I have always done things."

K comes across as a true advocate of the players and the game. Also, I believe he is a ambassador for The Game of Basketball, not simply NCAA ball, NBA ball, or World Competition. Pretty unique situation.
    I think he sees change as the fountain of youth...more change!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I think he sees change as the fountain of youth...more change!
    I believe Coach K wants to be the first commissioner. Wouldn't that make the folks in chapel hill go nuts.

Ruh-Roh

Duval suspended?

Just when we think it's peaches and cream...the realities of dealing with 18 year old people make us stop and consider how tough Coach K's job actually is.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'