Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Welcome to Duke, Joey Baker!

http://dukereport.com/duke-basketbal...keofhoops/amp/

“I’m trembling,” Baker said moments after his commitment. “It’s cool.”
    “I just feel like I fit there on the court and off the court,” Baker said. “They are a family and I feel like I fit in there. I talked to the coaches and I took a good amount of visits. It’s where I want to be and I’m comfortable.”
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Joey attends Trinity Christian School in Fayetteville, NC. Hi is reported on scout to be 6-7, 190.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

welcome, joey....let's rock!!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Let’s get cooking, Mr. Baker!

It's too bad Quinn Cook and Joey Baker never got to play together.

It appears Joey has a great motor and feel for the game, you couldn't ask for a better response to his commitment either. Always nice to have a recruitment end early and without any drama.

Welcome aboard and congrats Mr. Baker

Quote Originally Posted by CPDUKEGUY24 View Post
    It appears Joey has a great motor and feel for the game, you couldn't ask for a better response to his commitment either. Always nice to have a recruitment end early and without any drama.

Welcome aboard and congrats Mr. Baker
    Glad to see another NC high school commitment and likely multi-year student at Duke.

Welcome Joey!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

This is the most surprised that I have ever been for a commit. I've only seen this name cursorily mentioned before.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Would have been quite Amile?

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzle View Post
    Would have been quite Amile?
    Even without Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Or former walk-on Baker Perry. Now we just need to sign Butcher and CandlestickMaker. Welcome to Duke, Joey! I always love getting kids who really, really want to be at Duke, and that seems to be the case here.

Awesome news! Welcome to Duke. You're going to love it, and we're going to love having you.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Glad to see another NC high school commitment and likely multi-year student at Duke.
    Welcome to Duke, Joey Baker! Nice to get a 2019 recruit before the 2017-2018 season begins!

I've seen "likely multi-year" posted a few times about him. Is there some reason why folks think that? He is rated #13 in his class and could rise; his game (from what little I've read) seems to be that of a stretch power forward, which is suited to the current style of the NBA. Just trying to get more information about our newest recruit.

I just watched some of the highlights video . Very impressed and really liked what I saw. Quite a few blocked shots with control, diving for loose balls, excellent dunks, assists, outside shots, excellent body control. And with a few more pounds will be even more effective inside. Joey looks to be a very well-rounded player with considerable skills already honed!

This looks like a great match of player, program, and university. Welcome, Mr. Baker.

Like his game, my wife likes his looks

Can and will probably play some 4 at Duke. But I like his size for the 3, assuming he can hit 3s (which it sounds like he can).

Best looking Dukie since Winslow? I told my wife to calm down as he's only 16. She responded that she can look all she wants. Sigh...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

If I see him making one-bounce shots from the top of Duke chapel, I might start making comparisons. No pressure.

Anytime a recruit who won't hit campus for a few years talks about playing for K, I get very happy. Welcome aboard, Joey!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Anytime a recruit who won't hit campus for a few years talks about playing for K, I get very happy. Welcome aboard, Joey!
    I am hoping he makes me forget the other Joey B.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013